Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:24 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 204 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
According to RTF, ASA(under the name of AST) is one of their main cutters. What is the "nail in the coffin" story here?
To see if RTF is actually purchasing material from ASA.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:39 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RATBOYUSN
This just posted to Facebook...

Since his supplier is ISO certified - ASA will send material certifications unique to each purchase order. It will reference ASA's work order number and RTF's PO number. If RTF is maintaining tracability, the serial number on the wheels will allow him to reference the certification from ASA, the PO he sent to get the forged blanks, and his job order number.

If I was a customer - I would be asking to see those documents.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:55 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I've read and followed this thread, empathized with the buyer and contributed a comment along the way with respect to the OPs ability to actually receive a refund, very glad he did.
Tonight I'm looking at the sellers recent Instagram post along with the screenshot....
Read the instagram post comment..... who would want to do business with this "P.O. Box?"... zero customers if they were fortuitous to be aware beforehand
I say P.O. Box, because it doesn't take much to "remake" a "brand new company with great products"
There is NO normal/successful business that would post this comment, besides all the other crap.
As for the extremelay repetitive ape/monkey posts on every third comment= Extra full page, seems imo a fixation for that poster.....every 6 hours
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2017, 04:06 AM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweet victory
Since his supplier is ISO certified - ASA will send material certifications unique to each purchase order. It will reference ASA's work order number and RTF's PO number. If RTF is maintaining tracability, the serial number on the wheels will allow him to reference the certification from ASA, the PO he sent to get the forged blanks, and his job order number.

If I was a customer - I would be asking to see those documents.
There are no serial#'s, lot #'s, QC stamps, Mfg'ing date, etc., on any Race Tech wheel I've seen including mine mfg'rd May 2016, just the Race Tech name and Spec 5, , which would be very unusual for any ISO certified product. I worked for Precision Cast Parts in Portland, OR under ISO certification. QC requirements always required each set of a product or run group to have a unique set# and each piece of a set to have an additional different piece# stamped on the piece so that if there was ever more than one set on the floor at the same time there would always be a way to double check and/or rematch the sets if they end up bunched. I cannot imagine ASA(AST forged wheels division) not having serial#'s and how would RTF ever be able to return a wheel to them without an ID # to prove it was actually their failed or mis-manufactured wheel? And why did RTF take a pic of ASA's certification? AST is the monoblock forged wheels unit they would have to deal with???? As usual, something smells about the story RFT spins here.

You get a set of wheels from RTF in a brown box, no warranty papers, no serial #'s or manufacturer's sticker on the wheels, no paper work, just a shipping label on the box that says its from RTF. Huh---sound like an ISO CNC cutter is involved?

So, how about anyone that has a set of RTF wheels, go look at the back side of your wheels and see if you have any identifying stamps, stickers, run#'s, etc on the back of your wheels to see if anything has changed since May 2016 when I received my wheels and advise the forum what you find. I bet it is still blank.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:52 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

I'm traveling, so a mobile screen shot will have to do.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:47 AM
c7z
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
There are no serial#'s, lot #'s, QC stamps, Mfg'ing date, etc., on any Race Tech wheel I've seen including mine mfg'rd May 2016, just the Race Tech name and Spec 5, , which would be very unusual for any ISO certified product. I worked for Precision Cast Parts in Portland, OR under ISO certification. QC requirements always required each set of a product or run group to have a unique set# and each piece of a set to have an additional different piece# stamped on the piece so that if there was ever more than one set on the floor at the same time there would always be a way to double check and/or rematch the sets if they end up bunched. I cannot imagine ASA(AST forged wheels division) not having serial#'s and how would RTF ever be able to return a wheel to them without an ID # to prove it was actually their failed or mis-manufactured wheel? And why did RTF take a pic of ASA's certification? AST is the monoblock forged wheels unit they would have to deal with???? As usual, something smells about the story RFT spins here.

You get a set of wheels from RTF in a brown box, no warranty papers, no serial #'s or manufacturer's sticker on the wheels, no paper work, just a shipping label on the box that says its from RTF. Huh---sound like an ISO CNC cutter is involved?

So, how about anyone that has a set of RTF wheels, go look at the back side of your wheels and see if you have any identifying stamps, stickers, run#'s, etc on the back of your wheels to see if anything has changed since May 2016 when I received my wheels and advise the forum what you find. I bet it is still blank.

I got rims in a brown box just like you said. I have the rear rims off the car. will snap pics once im home. my rims were purchased 8/16/16 and got them in December of 16
Old 01-12-2017, 09:35 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 254 Posts

[QUOTE=johnbelk;13877078]"Soooo Mr. KNUCKLES, we can do this all day, all night, another day, then another night, the easy way or the hard way, someone's going to win and someone's going lose...we can keep you in this interigation room like forever, we can sit here till the Democrats sadness stops...so let's just say we can do this dance for a for a long, long, long, time...
"First of all Junior, I can sit here till the cows come home and the Democrats are not sad..they're hurt from the ball-punch they took and nightmare they find themselves in....[QUOTE]

How about taking your monkeys over to the off topic political forum?
Old 01-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

so I am kind of ****, but these guys can't even write correct sentences with proper word use, spelling, and/or grammar. I would never do business with a firm that can't get the basics right.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM
johnbelk
Pro

[QUOTE=sanyata;13877506][QUOTE=johnbelk;13877078]"Soooo Mr. KNUCKLES, we can do this all day, all night, another day, then another night, the easy way or the hard way, someone's going to win and someone's going lose...we can keep you in this interigation room like forever, we can sit here till the Democrats sadness stops...so let's just say we can do this dance for a for a long, long, long, time...
"First of all Junior, I can sit here till the cows come home and the Democrats are not sad..they're hurt from the ball-punch they took and nightmare they find themselves in....

How about taking your monkeys over to the off topic political forum?
Thank you for reaching out, sounds like we may have hit a raw nerve, but if you have been following this string from the beginning you'll find the satire's focus is far from political, but a parody of how ridiculous RAZ and DONNIE are with respect to their business practices. My posts are and will continue to illustrate the absolute failure on RTF's part to do right by more than Jay, but the many others owed funds... Try not to take personal offence to such posts...as there's nothing but complete madness meant by it...RTF's history and current events seen by many have reached beyond bazaar...again no harm meant to any Rennlisters. However, I'm sensitive to your comments and will avoid political comments that may be hurtful to a fellow Rennlister.

Sincerly,
"LugNut"

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-12-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Stuf
Old 01-12-2017, 06:24 PM
garyever
Advanced

Sweet Victoria------I'm glad to see someone bring up RTF's new warranty, a subject I was going to leave alone on this tread, but since you have mentioned it, I will make a few comments.

AND THEN JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THE RTM/RTF STORY COULDN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY UGLIER.

1. My RTM wheels failed on track 9/19/16 and I immediately sent RTM an email indicating that I wanted to file a Warranty claim. As this (according to RTM) was their first wheel failure, they apparently went back and re-read their loosely constructed 1 page Return Policy/Limited Lifetime Warranty published on the RTF website (see copy attached below), panicked at the prospect that they might be unindated with numerous similar requests down the road, and around 10/1/16 replaced all their previous Terms of Service, Privacy, and Return/Warranty provisions with an entirely new undated version of approx. 8,000 words, takes 16 pages to print on my copier, designed to provide a convenient contract provision to decline virtually any claim they decide they don't want to pay, not that they would stoop to that given their claimed high level of integrity. But the real problem here is that since RTM has never dated any of their warranties, now RTF is retroactively enforcing the new undated warranty conditions back to the formulation of the company in 2014 taking for granted that no one ever copies their warranty when purchasing(other than me), by asserting that this new warranty has always been in place, and by my count (and running) has denied 4 valid warranty claims on this basis that still sit unresolved because Raz thinks he can get away with bait and switching the new warranty to everyone that has purchased RTF wheels. This is called warranty fraud and is a direct violation of the Magnason-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, which Calif. subscribes, and is punishable by both fines and criminal charges, i.e.. jail time, and I am keeping a running list to turn over to California Authorities shortly.

2. I have irrefutable evidence proving my charges here which I will not attach as moderators do not want personal emails displayed (Raz--you know what I have), but the 3 copies of the original RTF warranty printed on different days(one which is in PayPal's possession) is displayed below (see attachment)for anyone to review and I will email a clean copy to anyone that requests it. You will need this if you purchased before 10/1/16, or so to assert a claim under the old warranty. (actually, since there are no dated RTM warranties, I would argue that, under Magnason-Moss, every RTM wheel buyer could claim the old or new warranty as their warranty, so maybe your choice of language. Go to the new Return/warranty provisions on RTF website and witness the difference (the links are boldly displayed (in 3 or 4 point font to make sure you are aware of your waranty rights), bottom right of the 1st or 2nd page that opens).

3. You do not have to let RTF stonewall you on a Warranty
claim. You have options. If anyone has a copy of their old warranty pls PM me.
Attached Images
Old 01-12-2017, 06:56 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Return Policy on March 19, 2016

Return Policy on May 19, 2016

Return Policy on November 5, 2016
Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 PM
garyever
Advanced

Thanks Jason--I can see you are a technical Guru. I needed this to assure that RTM would not be able to assert that I had manufacture'd evidence on this warranty bait and switch. This will assure that this case goes to trial.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:23 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Popcorn ready.

Go get them Gary. I may be in SD in a month, if I have time...I will stop by Raz's pad and see what's up.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:37 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Read the new policy, wow. Just wow. Why would anyone purchase off these muppets. They've gone from guaranteed satisfaction to having no liability whatsoever. Own goal success!!

This part in particular stood out:
Originally Posted by Rap$&@gTheFoolish

Warranty Policy
...Should you receive the wheels and there is a problem with fitment, please call us and explain the problem. If the problem is in fact a valid fitment issue, we will instruct you about proper packaging and information regarding shipping the wheels back to us at our expense. Once received, we will fix any existing fitment problem.

THESE PROBLEMS CAN INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Incorrect center bore
Incorrect width, inner or outer size other than specified on the invoice
Wrong diameter
Offset is incorrect unless et was provided initially on the invoice and / or drawings were provided once engineered.

None of the above-mentioned items warrant a cancelation or a refund, however we will do everything necessary to ensure that the problem is fixed to your satisfaction regardless of who is at fault or who will be liable for expenses.
Reading the above, they could send you the wrong diameter wheels and not be liable! Ridiculous.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Maybe a container of bauxite.

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000