Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:00 AM
TurnOne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the bank won't give you back the certified check. It's already 'in process'. Yes, the smart move would have been to cash as fast as humanly possible at the issuing bank, even if that meant a days hassle to NY and back. Regardless, that is in the past.

Anyone who bought anything at all should be filing a claim to your CC company ASAP. Item not as described. Wait for them to tell you what to do with them.

I surely wouldn't risk driving on these wheels for any reason. If you 'have to' make sure to drive at lower speeds, etc.

None of the above is legal advice as I'm not qualified to give such.

I have some background in CNC and I completely agree, machining from blanks is messy. Lots of metal removed and creates a large mess of 'chips'. The deflection from RTF makes me think he might find success as a politician.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:53 AM
c7z
Track Day

sadly I placed my order via wire transfer via bank to bank

Last edited by c7z; 01-04-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:42 AM
docdan
Instructor

Originally Posted by c7z

Damn. That takes all the protection out of the transaction. Who's idea was that?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:17 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docdan
Damn. That takes all the protection out of the transaction. Who's idea was that?

MY BAD...SORRRRRRY!!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 02:01 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Somebody listed a used set of racetech's on craigslist, maybe they have read these threads and decided not to risk driving on them
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/5918563712.html
Old 01-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,787 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Somebody listed a used set of racetech's on craigslist, maybe they have read these threads and decided not to risk driving on them
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/5918563712.html
that same set was posted here briefly last night... guess it was pulled off.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Thanks vbb. Those are the factory CL wheels. I haven't done anything to the suspension as I track this beast a ton and am afraid to start messing around and messing up the what I feel to be amazing oem suspension on the .2. All I've done is add RS control arms to the front so I could dial in enough camber. Here's a pic wearing the Forgeline GT1s (19x9 and 19x12 with PSC2s) which I use on the track, and which I highly recommend.
Your track wheels look great too, but I'd have to say the Turbo S with the stock wheels and suspension in your avatar pic look just perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. It looks like your car is sitting lower than stock, but I guess it's just the way the black on black flows together.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:44 PM
garyever
Advanced

Originally Posted by c7z
I understand from discussing the reversal of a wired transaction with a bank manager several years ago that all you have to do is use the word "fraud" in the same sentence and a bank can retrieve a wired transfer. The fact that you have access to a lab report that these wheels have been " fraudulently bait and switched" in the delivery of your sales transaction and that I am on record as having formally asked the State Of California to indite Race Tech Motoring with that crime, among a number of other crimes, may be enough for your bank to reverse this transaction. Of course, at this point, RTM may not have any funds to draw from or may have moved their funds to another bank anticipating there may be a run on their assets. You have nothing to lose by asking.

Last edited by garyever; 01-04-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:31 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
that same set was posted here briefly last night... guess it was pulled off.
This is a guy on rennlist and a pca'er. I'd be trying to unload mine too....sucks all the way around. They look good...But....
Old 01-05-2017, 12:19 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Question:

Just curious, do track safety officials receive notifications on unsafe track equipment and restrict the use of that equipment e.g., questionable track wheels...or is it left up to drivers to monitor safety notices? Has anyone ever experienced not being allowed to participate at a track event due to track wheels, I've never heard of that? Based on this string...just seems there's a potential for this topic to come up at the track...JB
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome response from my bank manager.

"Good morning, sorry for just getting back to you I was away ,came back yesterday, I tried calling the bank the representative I spoke with was not very helpful they would not release any information to me regarding the draft, this would be the only option from our end to assist. I have seen these cheques before from the look of the image cheque it seems ok to me."
Old 01-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

"Good morning, sorry for just getting back to you I was away ,came back yesterday, I tried calling the bank the representative I spoke with was not very helpful they would not release any information to me regarding the draft, this would be the only option from our end to assist. I have seen these cheques before from the look of the image cheque it seems ok to me."
he's good. gets you off his back without really committing to anything. He must be higher than VP. VPs usually aren't that smart.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Bank Manager Speak Translation: "Good morning, I was in Florida hosting a few of our valued customers to a sunny 3 day golf excursion, man did we get blasted.. Anyhoo, I emailed my administrative assistant to call the bank and since I never heard back from her I figured they had nothing to share. You should thank me for the near zero effort I've completed on your behalf. It was a long time ago, but I heard these checks are ok, can't say for sure...besides it's only $5000.00, so stop your crying and man-up. As always, your financial needs come first at our bank..can we interest you in an annuity investment and/or a time-share?"

Jay, I hope you see the parallel between your bank and RTF??? Sad! JB

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-05-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 01-05-2017, 02:34 PM
garyever
Advanced

Jay--- In the USA, any person can call any bank in any state, give them the check issuer's name and account #, and ask if an account has sufficient funds to honor a check and will get an immediate yes or no. Its that easy. In your case, the funds have already been drawn from RTM's bank, the bank that drew and has guaranteed to pay those funds has a permanent record of that guarantee, and would be able to provide a confirmation, declination, or "those funds are on hold pending investigation" by phone immediately or in writing within 24 hrs. They've had the check for 15+ days and your bank doesn't have a clue? Your bank has some "splain'n" to do here, as Ricky Ricardo used to say. Also, I think you can call the Bank's online phone # and confirm that it is a real check.

Take it up the bank ladder. How about a complaint on their national web site" "Chase bank owes me $5000 and won't give it to me" ??? Catchy huh?

Last edited by garyever; 01-05-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by johnbelk
As always, your financial needs come first at our bank..can we interest you in an annuity investment and/or a time-share?"

JB
HA! Isn't that the damn@d truth!

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000