Sponsored by:

Europipe Exhaust Review by Fabspeed- Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 PM
ChrisAW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Yep and Not good...big turn off... I commuted for 6 years into Chicago in my '07TT/Tip after 6 years in my '01TT/MT and Tip was just perfect for that...the other 11 "fun" cars are manual. But making tip/PDK/auto less "manly" is just amateur IMHO.

Big turn off...
Making the video in the first place makes the guy come off as an ***. Then the sexist comments confirm it.

It isn't in good taste to cut down a competitor. Your product should speak for itself.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm glad I checked this section again......
Old 07-11-2014, 04:50 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

If there was ever a question as to whether I would buy anything from Fabspeed, he answered it in a 14 minute bash fest video.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Khooger
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fabspeed? a joke....I asked for the dual exhaust tips ceramic coat....talked to them....took my number and email....never calls back.....is that how you do business??
Old 07-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The EP cat has a big "x-ray" written on it just like the muffler where "x-ray" is written on the two location he showed film for.

Why doesn't he show the x-ray for the cat? If it has "pins" running through the middle they would clearly show up on an the film.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:41 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just got EP1 installed yesterday for my 07 997.1 TT Tip that i've had for yr +- went from stock to EP1- really wakes the car up & sounds so nice- just perfect for me- didn't want loud but wanted some sound- very happy as most everyone seems to be with Europipe.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
The EP cat has a big "x-ray" written on it just like the muffler where "x-ray" is written on the two location he showed film for.

Why doesn't he show the x-ray for the cat? If it has "pins" running through the middle they would clearly show up on an the film.
took the car out for a spin tonight, and I decided I like the drone, and the sound I get from my EP with all the pins running through my 100 cell cats. I even decided I would tolerate all the CELs.

What a goober!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:43 AM
AP328
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, even if you wanted to attack another company's products, a video full of conjecture and false claims won't convert anyone to Fabspeed. I don't know what forums Fabspeed is looking at, but apparently not any that I am reading. If I ever thought about buying Fabspeed before, this mental giant certainly cured me of that notion.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Yep that one was hard to miss. Funny how he never showed the X-ray on the cat....but let's face it that would have blown his cover entirely. But the other dead give away was the brown paint marks on top of the EP heat shields on the cans....check out the left hand heat shield which clearly identifies the EP as this Rennlister's exhaust for sale recently.
I admit I was prepared to call BS on this last observation of yours, but after a little investigation--I think you are absolutely correct. Especially given the origin of the car in the RENNLIST ad. Damn...this guy takes "stupid" to uncharted depths. hahahahah
Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wowser this ought to be thread that just keeps giving. I think it's awesome..

Having said that I hate to see one manufacturer bashing another. That never works. It's like Samsung constantly mentioning Apple in their commercials. What Joe thought he was going to gain from this is beyond me..

What the heck is that backfire on the Fabspeed 991 vid? Seriously? I'd freak out if my 200k (or 400k depending on what country you buy the car) street car sounded like that!

I hope to come back in a week or so and see 20 pages added to this thread.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:19 PM
earl3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very scientific Joe! As an engineer, I was skeptical until I heard you throw in the "mission critical parts" line. Then I bought it.

Did you actually measure backpressure on any of these systems or just stick with your armchair engineering expertise to tell us how 1000+F flows behave?

You went on and on about cat length, what about the diameter?

Don't need heat shields? What relevant temps have you measured under minutes/hours of loading on the Nurburgring / autobahn type environments with and without heat shields?

Did you measure sound levels with a decibel meter in and outside the cabin to compare?

...holding my breath on data that, oh by the way, Stef gladly provided with his systems.

WTF man, slamming the manufacturer of the exhaust with the best resale value without an ounce of data!?? YGBFSM!

I would do an independent comparison myself but my Fabspeed mufflers are literally in the county dump.

Last edited by earl3; 07-12-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The secret of europipe was to dissect a stock muffler, make the proper modifications yet maintaining the stock design that works. The big thing they do differently than ruf and others who mod stock systems, was to manufacture their own case, no small undertaking.
While interesting, I would not have advised joe to make this video or jump in the mud. I doubt you'll see a response from europipe.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:06 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

truth is you can get away with the kind of stuff Joe pulled 90% of the time. problem is the Porsche turbo crowd tends to represent the 10% of folks, who for the most part, actually do some due diligence. and his tactics would have worked well if not for those who are informed chiming in to call out the BS.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

It's always a dangerous thing to dis the competition. No company runs perfectly. Period. Notice that Stef / EP is no where to be seen. He doesn't need to. We do his PR for him which is ALWAYS the best approach.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:13 AM
cjcam930
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm not even gonna watch Joe's video as I know I can't get those few minutes of my life back. But I totally agree that disparaging the competition is a nasty way to do business and can easily backfire. Certainly this strategy has backfired in my case as I will never do business with Fabspeed.

I have a competitor who tries to bash my company sometimes but I try to take the high road, addressing their BS allegations IN PRIVATE to any mutual prospective customers, and in doing so I also try to focus on why we are the better choice without merely slinging insults back their way. I say it's 10X better to market the positive merits of your own products and customer service rather than spew negative energy.

Quick Reply: Europipe Exhaust Review by Fabspeed- Interesting