Sponsored by:

Sport Button vs Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:20 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Nothing on page 65 says the timing is advanced with Sport activated.
JH,

Look at "Sharksters" post
Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Devious Rhesus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
On a same note, I just had my boost gauge sorted out as well as for almost year and a half, I drove the car with a max boost of 8-9 psi

No wonder I wasn't impressed with the car and wanted to sell it.

Now that I have figured it out, I am driving the biotch

I am still tied up re-juvinating my '91 Turbo but definitely I am getting the tune.

However I would prefer a custom dyno and not off the shelve tune.
Does anyone actually do a custom tune? Everyone i've found just repackages one of the brands you've heard of...
Old 08-12-2013, 03:43 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes there are many people who do a custom tune. IT require your car to be at their shop and is quite pricey.

These guys do custom tunes and do great work..

http://bbiautosport.com/
Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I just ordered the fabspeed x pipe with dual tips and an Evoms tune. I spoke to Stef at euro pipe regarding the ep2, but I couldn't live with the stock tips. The ep1 was going to be too quiet for me. Car goes in for install on 8/29!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:55 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've heard good things about the cross pipe, be sure and give a report.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

C2,
I had the Softronic Tune done by the owner of Softronic Software in Waterbury, Ct. He took great care in applying the correct mapping based on my mods and exhaust that I had, and gave me the superb upgrade that I was looking for. What it did was increase the responsiveness and athleticism of my car whether in sport mode or sport plus. Quite frankly, on the highway I rarely drive in sport plus unless the roads are free and clear. She's just too fast. I've had the tune for two years without any issues. Scott Slausen who did my upgrade, informed me that Porsche leaves enough uncharted room within their ECU program to enhance and improve an already, great, genetic pedigree, that leaves you with a breath taking experience. If done competently, within the correct limitations, you will create a modification that will give you years of enjoyment. It's not for everyone. Again the car in stock is a great car on it's own. The tune is there however, if you're looking for that swift, synaptic appeal.

Jay
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 212 Posts

The Sport Mode when activated engages the "overboost mode" which scales or multiplies the requested load for the timed function (which is just under 10 seconds)

At the same time, the Throttle response mapping is simply a relative calculated throttle position signal conversion to the actual load request 0-100% With the Sport mode engaged, the throttle is more sensitive.

The timing maps do not change when you engage the Sport mode, however with the higher load that is requested, the timing map cells shift to areas of the map that aren't reached in the non Sport mode.

Quick Reply: Sport Button vs Tune