Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997TT Techart exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys I traded my 911tune exhaust for a Techart exhaust with 200cel cat, I'm thinking if I should keep it or sale it.

I didn't installed yet because I'm looking for some reviews before I do all the hard work.

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-12-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Hey guys I traded my 911tune exhaust for a Techart exhaust with 200cel cat, I'm thinking if I should keep it or sale it.

I didn't installed yet because I'm looking for some reviews before I do all the hard work.
Hi Leo I'm just curious, I've read many of your posts and you make references to selling components as "sale it" instead of "sell it". why?

now regarding yet another exhaust swap, you my friend have modding ADD. just last week you were hot on getting an EP and now you make a trade and ask for advice afterwards, huh?

I think others have mentioned that you should take it slow so you don't end up with headaches and problems down the road. Better approach is to research, ask questions, more research and then buy. even with a conservative approach you're going to run into headaches and trouble, but fewer of them for sure

I personally can't keep up with all the swapping, changing, modding, etc you've done in 2 months. I'm burned out on it dude

anyway, I'm sure my post is not helpful but just sharing my thoughts and probably the thoughts of others. but as for your original question, I think Philip has the techart exhaust and is happy with it, I've been in his car and it runs great, maybe he can chime in

good luck
Art
Old 05-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow
Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Wow what a way to destroy my thread...

If you don't like my writing, I can be more careful from now on but if you don't like the fact that in trying different parts, just don't read my threads.

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:20 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow what a way to destroy my thread...

If you don't like my writing, I be more careful from now on but if you don't like the fact that in trying different parts, just don't read my threads.
Leo, not my intention to be overly harsh, and I understand why my post can be upsetting. but why not take accountability for your rather random approach to modding your car?

maybe I could have been more gentle in my criticism but you could also say I did you a favor by posting what a lot of other people are thinking

in any case PM Philip, as I mentioned in my early post I believe he has the techart exhaust and can provide you with first hand experience
Old 05-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by aa909

Leo,

in any case PM Philip, as I mentioned in my early post I believe he has the techart exhaust and can provide you with first hand experience
Will do so

Thank you

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-12-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

User "wirx" also uses techart.
But seriously, put the credit card down. I've seen a lot of guys do the same thing, get frustrated and sell the car at a huge loss.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

if you're going to ask advice, then people will take it personal because you're asking their thoughts..

i would have just searched for people who have owned techart exhaust and researched their thoughts, or just made a post asking who has it and their thoughts.

also, installing exhaust is extremely simple and would never pay anyone to do it.. should take an hour max with jack stands and a $99 set of tools from sears... makes swapping back and forth much easier as well as you have less invested in each swap

i hope it sounds good w/o CEL's.... i'm also having a debate on exhausts because the Fabspeed V2 is too tame, but straight pipes too annoying... trying to find a happy medium which i think is a custom built x-pipe setup from Fabspeed..

everything is trial and error. the modding game is very stressful and easy to get caught up in it... especially when trying to do too many things too fast... i feel the best way is slowly but surely and do everything properly and the best it should be... your mods are quality but too many back and forth...

best of luck w/ modding!..
Old 05-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
User "wirx" also uses techart.
But seriously, put the credit card down. I've seen a lot of guys do the same thing, get frustrated and sell the car at a huge loss.
I will never spend $6000 in a exhaust, i was lucky and somebody in the other forum trade it for my 911tune catless... I like to think i was lucky with this deal but i'm not sure if i should keep it because my target is EP1, i was hoping for someone who has Techart to chime and tell me about his experience.... Techart talk about 20 up to 30 HP.... do they deliver what they promise?

Last edited by Leo997TT; 05-12-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by rijowysock
if you're going to ask advice, then people will take it personal because you're asking their thoughts..

i would have just searched for people who have owned techart exhaust and researched their thoughts, or just made a post asking who has it and their thoughts.

also, installing exhaust is extremely simple and would never pay anyone to do it.. should take an hour max with jack stands and a $99 set of tools from sears... makes swapping back and forth much easier as well as you have less invested in each swap

i hope it sounds good w/o CEL's.... i'm also having a debate on exhausts because the Fabspeed V2 is too tame, but straight pipes too annoying... trying to find a happy medium which i think is a custom built x-pipe setup from Fabspeed..

everything is trial and error. the modding game is very stressful and easy to get caught up in it... especially when trying to do too many things too fast... i feel the best way is slowly but surely and do everything properly and the best it should be... your mods are quality but too many back and forth...

best of luck w/ modding!..
I agree, everyday you learn something new, i just need to shut my mouth and stop asking people for advice because they can get "burn out" (what a stupid crap.... if you are burn out just don't read my many threads)
Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

I will never spend $6000 in a exhaust, i was lucky and somebody in the other forum trade it for my 911tune catless... I like to think i was lucky with this deal but i'm not sure if i should keep it because my target is EP1, i was hoping for someone who has Techart to chime and tell me about his experience.... Techart talk about 20 up to 30 HP.... do they deliver what they promise?
Nobody makes money selling used parts so give us an estimate of how much you are out-of-pocket for the Fabspeed exhaust, Fabspeed CAI, BMC filter, Werks air box, etc. Lots of parts on and off - you need to establish a baseline so you can tell if any of these mods are accomplishing what you want.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Nobody makes money selling used parts so give us an estimate of how much you are out-of-pocket for the Fabspeed exhaust, Fabspeed CAI, BMC filter, Werks air box, etc. Lots of parts on and off - you need to establish a baseline so you can tell if any of these mods are accomplishing what you want.
I was waiting for you to answer lol

For how much can you sell a used 911tune xpipes exhaust catless?

Let's say $2000 if you are lucky (new goes for $2999)

Used Techart exhaust with 200 cels cat

$4000 more or less (new goes for $6000)

What would be easier to sell?

Techart exhaust. Why?

Because it's not catless and the name is more commercial (i still like 911tune)

I already told you i was -$400 because i was lucky enough to sell all those parts for a decent price.

I'm going to install this exhaust in my car and see how i like it but i still want to buy Europipe for my car.

We can add my new rims OZ too but i'm keeping those....
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Keep in mind, EP is much quieter than any of the exhausts you have had on your car.
Plus, a new EP is around 4500$, and you just spent 4k on a used ta?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

I agree, everyday you learn something new, i just need to shut my mouth and stop asking people for advice because they can get "burn out" (what a stupid crap.... if you are burn out just don't read my many threads)
unfortunately they are here to read and enjoy... so they click your posts to read/offer help...

sometimes people feel like "enough is enough"..

as far as horsepower goes, temperature alone can vary HP on FI engine 20/30hp.. i would focus on sound because that is far more consistent and HP gains without a tune are minimal as the engine can only "self manage" so much.

i feel a loss going to my mufflers from straight pipes, but i would take twice the loss for the sanity i have gained from the lack of drone.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

FWIW, why couldn't 911tune change your system to a cat system?

why not go down the road of trying to add some anti foulers.. they would have worked... it's just the sensor is too far into the exhaust stream.

Quick Reply: 997TT Techart exhaust