Sponsored by:

Meeting with Speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pic Paul!
and you are using one more set of tags when you post pics. You dont open the pic menu and paste, because that adds one more set of [ img] tags. You just paste in the text box.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:15 PM
speed21
Banned

I'm pretty sure thats what i'm doing Nick. I open PhotoB and select an image, then on the menu list select image and after clicking it it then immediately flashes the word copied in that box. I then open RL and then select yellow image tag at the top which then opens up a small box, and i then paste in that box and press ok. Is there something indicating I'm doing it not 100% correctly? If so let me know. Cheers. xmas eve here now. Gotta enter into internet detox mode soon.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Before and after each pic you post I can see IMG tags. This is because they are duplicated. This is because you open the little yellow image thing on RL. All that does is add IMG tags to the URL of your picture. But because you are copying from Dropbox WITH the IMG tags, they are double. Two solutions:
Either copy the "direct image link" from Dropbox and paste in the popup menu of the little yellow image button

Or

Just keep copying the link for forums from Dropbox and paste directly under your text when typing a post. Note in this case do not use the little yellow image button.

Hope it's clear!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by dianic
Before and after each pic you post I can see IMG tags. This is because they are duplicated. This is because you open the little yellow image thing on RL. All that does is add IMG tags to the URL of your picture. But because you are copying from Dropbox WITH the IMG tags, they are double. Two solutions:
Either copy the "direct image link" from Dropbox and paste in the popup menu of the little yellow image button

Or

Just keep copying the link for forums from Dropbox and paste directly under your text when typing a post. Note in this case do not use the little yellow image button.

Hope it's clear!
I'm not 100% clear still but I'll keep working on it. Sorry Nick these 991 boys are having me keep them honest again....so put some time in on that today. Take a look hehe. Fancy thinking their high priced C2S's have a shake against a TT. LOL!

All the best for Xmas!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:52 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a 991 disrespect me the other day. I spanked him so bad it was silly. Plus I know the road and maybe he didn't. As I was 4 wheel drifting through a corner I saw the whites of his eyes. I think he reached the edge of his driving skills.. He didn't follow me anymore...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
I had a 991 disrespect me the other day. I spanked him so bad it was silly. Plus I know the road and maybe he didn't. As I was 4 wheel drifting through a corner I saw the whites of his eyes. I think he reached the edge of his driving skills.. He didn't follow me anymore...
Hehe well i guess paying all that chaff for a Carrera/S can have some funny effects on certain owners. Sometimes a little reminder is all that's required to show that the Carrera really can't shift planets like the bad boy turbo.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:12 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The more I learn to drive my car the more amazed I am by it.. I'm going to do some more track education.. Not because I will be doing a lot of track days...But just to learn my cars capabilities.

I have a friend with a monster 997TT. He is a very skilled auto and motorcycle pilot.. When I first drove with him I had never been through a corner that fast before. He scared the crap out of me.. He told me "you have to trust the car".. Commit to the corner and trust the car"..

Now after a lot of practice at slower speeds (with his coaching) in my local canyon roads I'm starting to learn what he is talking about. I can drive much faster now with safety and confidence. And now I scare the crap out of my passengers. The 997 TT is truly an amazing machine... I can't wait to get another one!

Quick Reply: Meeting with Speed