Sponsored by:

Meeting with Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Meeting with Speed

Had a chance to spend an afternoon with Paul, aka speed21, as he was passing through Athens early this week.

We end for a long drive in the outskirts of Athens, with 3 TT's, and ended at the marina in Lavrio for a late lunch. We took the scenic route with the twisties and really enjoyed the cars.

We had a wonderful time, and even did a 10 minute steering wheel swap in the parking lot, as Skandalis, our trusted mechanic and friend had just upgraded his steering wheel and he swapped it in my partners car for a test drive. I think that swap is now permanent!

Here are some pics, I am sure Paul will post some more once he has access to proper internet.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Nice pics Nick.
I was waiting for a thread like this since Paul has been on our side of the globe for some time now. A shame there is no http://goo.gl/knDei in the pictures you posted. I know what Paul's feet look like but we never saw his (or yours) face. Posting a get together without faces is
Only joking
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Here you go!
I am the guy that barely fits in the sports seats you just bought on the left. I wont tag anyone else though.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM
skandalis447
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hm...it seems to me i am the fattest guy here...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Great picture with you guys and the 3 turbo's in the background. The harbor is not bad either. What a great way to spend a day. Driving around and enjoying each others company.
So you are the guy on the left with the blue polo. Skandalis is the young man in the back with the black t-shirt. And your partner is facing you.
And Paul, of course, is the guy in the flashy shirt and sunglasses.
Nice to meet you all.

Last edited by TT-911; 10-06-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Ha. You got the two mixed up!
That checkered shirt sure looks like something out of a psychedelic drug in the conversion of the pic to low res! Paul is across me and Haris is with the psycho shirt.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 938 Likes on 567 Posts

I have cherished moments like that for many years.

Like minded car people enjoying a spirited drive and a fine meal.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:44 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dianic
Ha. You got the two mixed up!
Yeah, I thought as much when I posted that. Murphy's law at work. You choose A and it'll be B for sure. Still, you have to admit, Haris looks most like the foreigner who is visiting Greece. The rest of you look like you belong. Sorry , my bad !
Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! I love the 2nd pic of the wheel/caliper at speed!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a fun time. what style steering wheel is that I really like the flat bottom look
Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice pictures... Were you guys being protested by the locals? Seems like the crisis is thankfully far from the Greek Porsche world!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:54 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

I am sorry but I get angry at such comments. Wtf is protested supposed to mean?
A month ago NoParasan asked over at the 6speed why we aren't getting stoned. That was a nice one too.

I have paid for my car with hard work. Crisis is affecting me, my job and everything around me because some Moron politicians won't fire some of the 1 million public servants they have hired to buy their votes in the last 20 years. I pray everyday that God help me to keep my standard of living, and I can hold on to my dream car, keep my kids in private school, and not be protested. I cannot drive my car in public easily, it has been spat on when parked even in suburbia. I don't owe to anyone that may "protest" me, only to the bank. So let them come. They can all kiss my as$. I will leave them behind in a puff of smoke.

*end rant*
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

JD I apologize. My rant was not aimed to you just your choice of words which strikes a chord these days.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
some Moron politicians won't fire some of the 1 million public servants they have hired to buy their votes in the last 20 years.
you could be talking about California!

I sympathize with you as I've been following the developments in Greece for some time. Mostly as a lens on what could happen here in the US, and in particular in California if we don't learn some of these lessons

But people here in CA still show lots of hatred. My wife's boxster was keyed several years ago in Berkeley and I would definitely avoid parking my TT on the streets in san francisco. You have a very good chance of coming back to find your porsche keyed
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
you could be talking about California!

I sympathize with you as I've been following the developments in Greece for some time. Mostly as a lens on what could happen here in the US, and in particular in California if we don't learn some of these lessons

But people here in CA still show lots of hatred. My wife's boxster was keyed several years ago in Berkeley and I would definitely avoid parking my TT on the streets in san francisco. You have a very good chance of coming back to find your porsche keyed
That is very sad.... Amazing that ignorant people think we are "rich" because we drive these cars.. It's just what we have chosen to spend money one.. The girl at the gas station told me yesterday that "only rich people like you can afford gas". I proceded to enlighten her......

My best friend was told by his "clsss warfaring" sister that "you drive a Porsche! If you were really a good person you would go to the gas station and buy the poor people gas!" WTF?

I'm sure most of us have worked are asses off to have nice things. This class warefare thing really frightens me.. I have never been a hater.. When I see someone in a new Ferrari that looks under 30 years old I say "Sweet car!". Nothin but love for ya....

Quick Reply: Meeting with Speed