Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meeting with Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

By the way Nick.. Great pics! Looks like a fantastic time.. I love doing things like that. I actually met my best friend on a Porsche forum.. I'm going on a Porsche drive in Angeles Crest this Saturday. Should be about 50 P cars.. I'll post pictures... If anyone lives in So Cal PM me and I'll give the details.. It's not like driving through Europe but will still be fun!!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys, Doc I love that spinning wheel pic too.
Enjoy Phillip and post pics.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM
rrm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when the President of the United States fosters the belief that Americans making 250k are rich and should be punished (more taxes) for being so, then one should not be surprised at street level anger.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rrm
when the President of the United States fosters the belief that Americans making 250k are rich and should be punished (more taxes) for being so, then one should not be surprised at street level anger.

Sad but true...Ask me if I'm rich..
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Just saw this. You missed my point here. I think everyone here see's what's going on in your part of the world. I completely understand why you have the problems there as we're not far behind here. I get a smart *** comment every time I'm getting in or out of my TTS pertaining to how "nice" it must be. I broke my *** for years and years to afford what I have and I don't really give a **** what others think about me or my car. Smile a little bit and see it for what it is...
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by aa909
you could be talking about California!

I sympathize with you as I've been following the developments in Greece for some time. Mostly as a lens on what could happen here in the US, and in particular in California if we don't learn some of these lessons

But people here in CA still show lots of hatred. My wife's boxster was keyed several years ago in Berkeley and I would definitely avoid parking my TT on the streets in san francisco. You have a very good chance of coming back to find your porsche keyed
Yet SF has the highest cost of living in the US... So I suppose every one there is a 1%'er?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

You are right JD. I am just tired of this situation. I have owned my car for 2 years now. Have driven for 7000 kms. Thats like 5k miles. Insurance and road tax alone is $5+ grand a year plus depreciation... Definitely not a sane decision. And to have issues driving it is a bit much. Oh well.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by dianic
You are right JD. I am just tired of this situation. I have owned my car for 2 years now. Have driven for 7000 kms. Thats like 5k miles. Insurance and road tax alone is $5+ grand a year plus depreciation... Definitely not a sane decision. And to have issues driving it is a bit much. Oh well.
I recently sold my 1997 993TT and 1989 930 due to lack of use. I'm embarrassed to say that I owned them for roughly 5 years each and maybe and I stress maybe drove them a combined 3K miles. I bought the 997 TTS because I thought I'd drive it more and enjoy it. Unfortunately I've driven it less than 1K miles since I bought it in March of this year. Not something I'm proud of...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I've driven it less than 1K miles since I bought it in March of this year. Not something I'm proud of...
Can you pinpoint a reason for not driving it ? Is it too hard/loud/uncomfortable ?
Are you afraid of people damaging it and only drive A to A ?

I have no problem driving my turbo from time to time, each time I do I enjoy it tremendously. I also enjoy looking at the car like a work of art so I get enjoyment out of that too. Heck, the 993S I used to own (6 years) was 100% a 'work of art' for me as I did not really enjoy driving that creaking and flexing car.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:00 PM
speed21
Banned

Sorry Nick/Skand for such belated check in. I saw the thread earlier but just haven't had the time to pass comment or post additional pics....but will elaborate and post pics later. A quick thanks to Nick, Skand, Spiro and Harry for taking the time out on such short notice and for the generous greek hospitality and experience. It was a great 4 hours or so guys and i'm glad i provided you with the excuse to take those toys out for some exercise. For rennlist members can i just say these guys surely have one special venue to enjoy these cars. I think many would be very envious and for those that have been fortunate enough to visit greece, pictures don't always tell the thousand words. To be able to mix it up with these guys was indeed memorable.

PS ...and for you other guys not driving your cars i sure hope you have some damn good excuses....for your own sakes.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:07 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

It was a pleasure Paul! I am sure we will do it again in due time.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:24 PM
speed21
Banned

Looking forward to it Nick. Am already thinking about next years trip...time stops for no man...
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

LoL Paul remember we saw the flash in the tunnel as I was taking you back?
143 in 70kms zone. Got the ticket today. And you thought the system didn't work in Greece!
50% off if I pay it in a week €175. But the license for 60 days I will have to avoid...

Old 12-20-2012, 07:52 PM
speed21
Banned

DAMMM! So sorry to hear that Nick and iirc it was mainly because we took a wrong turn somewhere and had to pick up lost time..pushing hard. Lucky they only got you doing the 140.

So 350 was the full fare? If there is such thing as an up side i guess at least you didn't wind up on the front page of the newspaper as what would have happened here if they busted me in a Porsche Turbo doing 140 in a 70. The newspapers here love to sensationalise these kinds of offences. Then plus there'd be a fine of well over 2K and loss of license for 6 months and court appearance etc. Damn it man. Looks like i owe you a good dinner next year.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:57 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Aw come on Paul. I was driving not you. And it was a good day.
I don't recall you pushing my knee on the accelerator, do you??
You owe me nothing, next time, I will know when to brake.

Quick Reply: Meeting with Speed