Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Exhaust and Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:24 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although it may be a prohibitive option, as far as price, the Ruf is the best in terms of drone. It is louder than stock and uses 100 cell cats, but like the factory piece upon which it is built, there's no drone. It sounds and behaves like something off the factory line. But it only makes sense as part of a conversion, a la carte price is something like $7K! Next best is the Europipe, a much more economical choice than the Ruf. After that I really like the old dual can Tubi, that was a great exhaust, never droned and sounded vicious and raspy.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Gonz2828
Track Day

I have not contacted Europipe since I got these second hand and unsure about their williness to offer any info or advise from an indirect purchase of their product...
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you email stef@europipe.be he will intentify what you have and whether it is suitable. Looks pretty old whatever it is...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My EP1 never droned, I've heard Doug's Ruf, it sounds factory in a good way.
I did hear an EP2, and it most definately drones, but Stef tells you that straight up.
If I were to do an exhaust, and I'm not, it would be an old two can tubi.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
AP328
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I listened to the videos on Europipe's website, then listened to a local car that had EP1 and then back on the internet to listen to more samples. Many of the samples I heard sounded very representative and about 2 weeks after starting my research, I bought an EP1.

Not only does the car sound great, but it finally sounds like it should. There is no drone, and the sound at cold start and even when moving at slow speeds is wonderful.

Apart from the exceptional quality of the product, the special tools and direct help from Europipe (I installed it myself) were outstanding. So you are getting much more than just a quality exhaust. I am very particular, and the engineer in me appreciates attention to detail - and I highly recommend Europipe to anyone that is considering upgrading their exhaust.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
My EP1 never droned, I've heard Doug's Ruf, it sounds factory in a good way.
I did hear an EP2, and it most definately drones, but Stef tells you that straight up.
If I were to do an exhaust, and I'm not, it would be an old two can tubi.
Give it time. You can't seriously tell me you like the dyson sound and lethargic asthmatic performance of the stock exhaust. I'm not buying Chris.....and here it was I thought i was getting old.lol
Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread ended up being exhaust biased. What about complimenting the exhaust with a good intake system. With the aid of the tune expelling the exhaust, what intake is everyone fitting to help the motor breathe better?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is my impression that it is hard to beat stock. Lots of money wasted there form people.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by 99three
This thread ended up being exhaust biased. What about complimenting the exhaust with a good intake system. With the aid of the tune expelling the exhaust, what intake is everyone fitting to help the motor breathe better?
Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the marketing claims of "cold air intake "? If so this ones easy. The stock box is the only way to go as is the stock filter. Don't mess with either.

Unless someone has figured out how to install a refrigerator into the air box or fit an electric turbo inside then I'd hang on to your money. You've really got to be careful of the claims that get made with some of this AM crap and i'd be extremely careful of anyone who is spruiking that junk as being worthwhile.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
It is my impression that it is hard to beat stock. Lots of money wasted there form people.

I was told the same thing
Old 12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 99three

There is no intake out there worth buying.. they are all just expensive eye candy.. You cannot not beat the design of the stock intake. Save your money for other goodies..

A larger diameter exhaust, bigger VTG turbos and bigger(more effecient) IC's will help the motor breath better..
Old 12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
There is no intake out there worth buying.. they are all just expensive eye candy.. You cannot not beat the design of the stock intake. Save your money for other goodies..

A larger diameter exhaust, bigger VTG turbos and bigger(more effecient) IC's will help the motor breath better..
Yep the only things that these AM air boxes do is lighten your wallet and earmark you as a total sucker every time you open your deckled. These things are also the ultimate prize for the vendor... to measure your gullibility. If they can get one of these things into you it basically means you are pretty much good for anything.

As you correctly pointed out, exhaust, ECU tune, turbos and I/C's (only where reduced IAT's can be substantiated) are the main mods that actually do something. The rest is more or less just sucker material for fools with more money than sense. Buyer beware....
Old 12-30-2012, 02:36 AM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good info.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 AM
stewartgpr
5th Gear

Gents , many thanks for your past informative posts regarding the Europipe stage 1 , Stef gets my thumbs up for great service and a new exhaust is now on its way ,local dealer will honour warrenty ( if he fits it ) happy birthday to me !
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stewartgpr
Gents , many thanks for your past informative posts regarding the Europipe stage 1 , Stef gets my thumbs up for great service and a new exhaust is now on its way ,local dealer will honour warrenty ( if he fits it ) happy birthday to me !
Woo Hoo! Enjoy!

Quick Reply: After Market Exhaust and Tuning