Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:37 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Will fit but fronts are very wide.
Front track will increase by 32mm
Rear track by 6mm only.
Your car will behave completely different at speed because of this.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about the 11.5 with et36? That just seems like the tire wouldn't even sit inside the wheel well
Old 06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Yes, that's too much.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Phillip look at the pictue above, black car with black inside of the stock wheels that is exactly what I had in mind. No need to photoshop, thanks to Porsche 25th. Thank you sir.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nick,

That looks pretty cool. I like it... I do have some nicks in my rims that will require them to be removed from the car for repair. At that point I'll consider if I want to do anything (paint) to them..

It's amazing how big this thread has become! So many folks with "wheel lust"...

I may just leave the wheels alone for awhile and save my money for my exhaust. I'll sell my Tech Art Exhaust that I have now and that will help pay for the new one.. It's amazing how much money the 90mm stainless and the labor for bending the tubing costs.. Now I know why all the aftermarket makers charge $5 to $6k for an exhaust.

Thanks again for the wheel info!

Phillip
Old 06-03-2012, 12:46 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amerlemans
Paul - the pictures actuallly make the wheels appear to be a better match than they really are. I have elected to return them to TireRack (only $80 out of pocket). I just didn't dig the look. I completely understand that this is purely an individual decision when it comes to looks and appearance. I don't think I am going to go with the black BBS CHR's either as I agree with you that the car is not an industrial piece like a GT3 and just isn't what I think of when I hear/see a 911 Turbo. I am going to continue to search for a polished/brushed finish. I have broadened my search to include something like a 3 piece wheel with a step lip. I have my eyes on a set of 3 piece DPE's but the offset seems too aggresive to me...11.5 rears with an ET36. Your thoughts on that offset?

As far as the underpanels go, I like the look of the black vs the color matched rockers and front lip. Just personal preference.
Agree if you have doubts your are better to pull the plug rather than have regrets later. I still quite like the design though and I'm sure they'd look better once on the car with tires. I recall the 11" in the HRE used an offset of 37 IIRC at the time i was tossing up between the P40 and Rf67. It just sounded an aggressive offset at the time even though I've seen the wheels in many photos on a 997tt. I asked a couple of days ago what the offsets are for the HRE because i wanted to confirm the info previously given. When i get a reply i'll let you know.

Originally Posted by Porsche 25th
Factory option: wheels painted exterior color. It's OK but if I were going to keep this car a long time I would put some HRE P40s on it; love the look of those wheels.
The HRE P40 are a good looking wheel as are the RG5 but both have been around for a while now. I just priced up some P40SC actually and like the weight advantage over the earlier wheels. I don't like the P40S though as they look to recessed in the hub area imo. The P43SC is also a great alternative with the new look and weight reduction. Pricey at the moment though, probably because they are still new out.

Check them out: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...e-p43-scs.html

Originally Posted by 993S
Good that you posted that or I would be confused

I was just trying to be polite and find some middle ground. In Europe, especially Belgium, we usually prefer to find common ground. I think I just wanted to make everybody feel ok with their choice.
Well as I said, I respect others likes and dislikes and don't expect my likes to be everyone else's either. I've also never been one much for sugar coating for the sake of appeasement. I like to be clear and honest. Giving off mixed signals only confuses people I find. I see enough *** kissing going on over at 6 when folks should man up and be honest and not just say stuff they really don't mean for the sake of scoring a few rep points. I agree it's nice to express an opinion without causing offence to others but sometimes that's simply not possible if you want to remain honest, and IIRC you also have made your own clear remarks regarding your own thoughts on wheels and colour combinations earlier (Post #6 and #48) that could be considered equally impolite. Just saying...

Originally Posted by dianic
yellow pin stripe not my thing...
Yellow pinstripe and gloss black definitely does not belong on this colour IMHO lol!!! ....while donning my flame suit....and shield

Originally Posted by 993S
Yeah Nick, I knew it would not be for you, you dislike the silver rim piece on the BBS so can imagine how you feel with yellow. ;-)
Would not do it myself but nevertheless like it. It works with the brakes.

Can't wait till Paul gives his opinion on the black voids with yellow stripes

Hey I just came across a guy who thinks Europipe drones , never read that before :
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=759366#759366
OK. Wait no longer. As i said those wheels are (to me) a clear act of vandalism punishable by law. Trying to match up a set of yellow callipers with a yellow pinstripe is clearly not happening as is the gloss black IMHO. Flamesuit on lol.

And the Europoipe droning? He must be talking EP2, not EP1, although going by the prancing horse avatar he's possibly a shill from Crapisto taking the opportunity to get the upper hand on a forum that sees lesser traffic and user reviews on these subjects. That could be the only logical reason behind the remarks. A friend of mine over on 6 got the Crapisto and had all sorts of issues so sent it back and bought an EP1. He was extremely happy afterward.

I am so exhausted with this exercise I may just keep the stock wheels on the damn thing. I just wish BBS made the CH-R's in a brushed or polished finish. I love the style of that wheel.
Keep the faith. You can definitely do way better than the stock wheels. You may need to revise the budget before making the next move.

Last edited by speed21; 06-03-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 AM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed21
Agree if you have doubts your are better to pull the plug rather than have regrets later. I still quite like the design though and I'm sure they'd look better once on the car with tires. I recall the 11" in the HRE used an offset of 37 IIRC at the time i was tossing up between the P40 and Rf67. It just sounded an aggressive offset at the time even though I've seen the wheels in many photos on a 997tt. I asked a couple of days ago what the offsets are for the HRE because i wanted to confirm the info previously given. When i get a reply i'll let you know.

The HRE P40 are a good looking wheel as are the RG5 but both have been around for a while now. I just priced up some P40SC actually and like the weight advantage over the earlier wheels. I don't like the P40S though as they look to recessed in the hub area imo. The P43SC is also a great alternative with the new look and weight reduction. Pricey at the moment though, probably because they are still new out.

Check them out: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...e-p43-scs.html

Well as I said, I respect others likes and dislikes and don't expect my likes to be everyone else's either. I've also never been one much for sugar coating for the sake of appeasement. I like to be clear and honest. Giving off mixed signals only confuses people I find. I see enough *** kissing going on over at 6 when folks should man up and be honest and not just say stuff they really don't mean for the sake of scoring a few rep points. I agree it's nice to express an opinion without causing offence to others but sometimes that's simply not possible if you want to remain honest, and IIRC you also have made your own clear remarks regarding your own thoughts on wheels and colour combinations earlier (Post #6 and #48) that could be considered equally impolite. Just saying...

Yellow pinstripe and gloss black definitely does not belong on this colour IMHO lol!!! ....while donning my flame suit....and shield

OK. Wait no longer. As i said those wheels are (to me) a clear act of vandalism punishable by law. Trying to match up a set of yellow callipers with a yellow pinstripe is clearly not happening as is the gloss black IMHO. Flamesuit on lol.

And the Europoipe droning? He must be talking EP2, not EP1, although going by the prancing horse avatar he's possibly a shill from Crapisto taking the opportunity to get the upper hand on a forum that sees lesser traffic and user reviews on these subjects. That could be the only logical reason behind the remarks. A friend of mine over on 6 got the Crapisto and had all sorts of issues so sent it back and bought an EP1. He was extremely happy afterward.

Keep the faith. You can definitely do way better than the stock wheels. You may need to revise the budget before making the next move.
Thanks Paul. Appreciate any feedback on the offset question. If an 11" with a et37 offset is on the border, I would have to think that an 11.5 with nearly the same offset is just too aggressive for my liking.

That HRE P43SC is gorgeous. Check out this pic on a silver 991

I am just frustrated at the moment....I will not give up the faith just yet. The search continues. I am actually contemplating going back to the Forgestars that I had on my 997S.

Last edited by amerlemans; 11-27-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dianic
Phillip look at the pictue above, black car with black inside of the stock wheels that is exactly what I had in mind. No need to photoshop, thanks to Porsche 25th. Thank you sir.
You're welcome. I am happy to help and belong to the RL community
Old 06-03-2012, 05:00 AM
speed21
Banned

Thanks Paul. Appreciate any feedback on the offset question. If an 11" with a et37 offset is on the border, I would have to think that an 11.5 with nearly the same offset is just too aggressive for my liking.

That HRE P43SC is gorgeous. Check out this pic on a silver 991

I am just frustrated at the moment....I will not give up the faith just yet. The search continues. I am actually contemplating going back to the Forgestars that I had on my 997S.
Yes i saw that one earlier over there but good to post it here on this thread as a reference point. THe ones shown on the 991 aren't as dished as the ones on the turbo either but they still look good. I'm a little torn between these and the P40SC's....price being the major sticking point. Both are nice but the 43's may be the cleaner look as they aren't as busy as the 40SC's. The "tinted" brushed as shown on the pic below are a different shade as the straight brushed.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7088/7...3dfabdc8f4.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8023/7...d88d2e55ce.jpg
Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
THe ones shown on the 991 aren't as dished as the ones on the turbo either but they still look good. I'm a little torn between these and the P40SC's....price being the major sticking point.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7088/7...3dfabdc8f4.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8023/7...d88d2e55ce.jpg
I think I do prefer the tinted brushed on a silver car, but as we have clearly stated in this great post, that is completely subjective.
The ones on the 991 seem like they have less of a dish because they are 20s I believe vs 19s.
Paul, is there a price difference between the 40s and the 43s?? to what extent?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 AM
speed21
Banned

I believe the colour of those 991 P43SC rims are brushed, not tinted brushed. Don't forget the turbo with the wider rear P43SC's will always have more dish on the rear than the narrow body 991 too. Going by HRE's official colour chart the tinted brushed appears to be a more grey silver or titanium....not so blingy bright as the straight brushed. Again pictures can be deceiving going by the OP's take on his brushed tinted on that black TT where he said they looked brighter in the pictures. Tinted may be a good compromise though. And yes Nick agree that colours will always be subjective pending personal preference and more so what actually fits the colour of the car better. On the prices i will PM them once i have them rather than post them up. Hopefully will have something to work with in the next 24hrs along with offsets etc.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 AM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

The tinted brushed finish that HRE has is a perfect wheel color for silver or gt silver. Forgestar makes one as well called titanium. They make a titanium brushed as well but it is more brilliant and blingy. I think this would look great on a 997 Turbo with the super concave you get with an 11 or 12" rear wheel.

The picture with the M3 shows the color well but the rear will be even more concaved on an 11 or 12" rear with aggessive offset.

The F14 Porsche wheels also accept stock center caps which is always a huge plus to me.

Last edited by amerlemans; 11-27-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 AM
LonHRE
AutoX

Keep in mind, the wheels above are not forged. That finish is what many call Hyper Silver, which is similar to our Gloss Silver.

The tinted finish definitely changes with the lighting. If you got any direct questions, feel free to contact us directly at LonM@hrewheels.com or call the office and ask for Sales Rep at 760-598-1960

Brushed Tinted P40SC

Brushed P40
Old 06-04-2012, 01:24 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by LonHRE
Keep in mind, the wheels above are not forged. That finish is what many call Hyper Silver, which is similar to our Gloss Silver.

The tinted finish definitely changes with the lighting. If you got any direct questions, feel free to contact us directly at LonM@hrewheels.com or call the office and ask for Sales Rep at 760-598-1960

Brushed Tinted P40SC

Brushed P40
Hi Lon,

What are the offsets for the front 19 x 8.5" and rear 11 and 12"

TIA.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

A 911 turbo in India with CH-R, looks good !

Last edited by TT-911; 12-15-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Opinions on a TT wheel idea