Sponsored by:

Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
^ Let me shed some light on this story: The dealer has a single 2011 Turbo S allocation. The color combo renders the car a non sellable one according to the dealer ( any order not Black, Silver or Gray with non Black or Cashmere interior is a risky car to sell).
I know that you are in Ohio, but a local dealer to me in CA has the same attitude.
When my wife ordered her Nordic Gold / Cocoa car, Hoehn wanted a $10k non-refundable deposit.
We went elsewhere.

cheers

Craig
Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
mhh
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SchH III
...PDK is an automatic and the bottom line is I do not like an automatic transmission in a Porsche.

...but my strong preference at this time is the GT1 with a manual transmission. ....
Here's hoping you and the PDK find a way to get along. I loved it when I tried it and I'm a manual guy mostly.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
I know that you are in Ohio, but a local dealer to me in CA has the same attitude.
When my wife ordered her Nordic Gold / Cocoa car, Hoehn wanted a $10k non-refundable deposit.
We went elsewhere.

cheers

Craig
Is that Nordic/Cocoa that C2S in your signature?

Do you have pictures of the car and interior? And how much on the interior is leather?

$10K down for a C2S is $h!T load!

Don't know what the big trip is about Nordic Gold? One if not the rarest colors offered by Porsche. And that combo is what I have on my Turbo configuration. Going to get an 998 TT when it comes out and if Nordic is not available I will just get it to sample. Just hope Porsche doesn't try to add 6 months to the build because of it!

Sorry for going off topic.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Here's hoping you and the PDK find a way to get along. I loved it when I tried it and I'm a manual guy mostly."
mhh: I look forward to comparing notes when you car arrives. The time spent in a PDK C2S suggested the transmission and engine well complemented each other. Based on limited experience the "S" seems a paradox. I possess absolutely no mechanical knowledge but with the turbo we have a different engine with different horsepower and torque characteristics. Perhaps in the "S" there are additional clutch disks or the clutch packs are heavier; it also seems logical firmware and software are unique to the model. Under certain conditions it is almost as if inputs are filtered through my nemesis which is the demonic torque converter. At any rate, for me the least intrusive PDK modality is manual sport; in automatic the transmission is determined to be in 7th by 35mph. Re adaptability, PDK refuses to accommodate and insists on doing what it deems appropriate. Moreover, the non-muted "clunks" when changing from P to D or R are simply not acceptable.

If only 500 mile test drives were feasible...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,448 Likes on 837 Posts

sorry to hear you aren't pleased with the PDK.

I share your feelings though.

Any porsche I buy will have a manual tranny.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Is that Nordic/Cocoa that C2S in your signature?

Do you have pictures of the car and interior? And how much on the interior is leather?
pm me your email addy and i'll send you photo's.

interior is "full leather" with no optional leather added.

cheers

craig

ps. Sat in a Turbo S yesterday with PDK and paddles. The steering wheel is very sexy. Small / Grippy / Aesthetically pleasing. Best looking modern P car wheel I've seen
Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM
ROK
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing about the deposit: It in NON REFUNDABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take your business elsewhere. Do they not read the headlines? For the past 1.5 years?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

For those of you in the market for a new Turbo S, here's some info that you might find helpful.
I just went by Brumos Porsche, to pick up my Grand Am tickets, and right there in the showroom is a brand spanking new 997 Turbo S. It is White with Terracota leather. If you don't want to wait around, and that works for you...BINGO! Drive it out of the showroom...just don't hit the 910, or Hurley's SuperCup winning Carrera, or the GT3RS.

If you are interested, the guy to talk to is Roger Edmondson at 904-726-3352. He speced out the car for the showroom. I talked with him for a few minutes. He seems like a decent guy. You can email the guy as well... redmondson@brumosporsche.com

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH BRUMOS! I go to the local races and cheer for the race team, and sometimes find really good prices on parts for my 951.

As far as the car itself...and I'm no fan of white cars...it was FREAKING STUNNING! What a great combo! I wish I had the money!
If any of you are going to Daytona, for the Brumos 250, I'll see ya there!

Last edited by ehall; 06-25-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Breedoni
Advanced

Speaking of white Turbo S cars--there's a beautiful white, full red leather that just arrived at Porsche of Ocala. Stunning!
PS--From the dealer's perspective, any out of the "norm" ordered cars need to have a healthy deposit. Someone who backs out of the order leaves a car that will have to be steeply discounted in order to move it. It's business not personal.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Coonquest
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ehall
For those of you in the market for a new Turbo S, here's some info that you might find helpful.
I just went by Brumos Porsche, to pick up my Grand Am tickets, and right there in the showroom is a brand spanking new 997 Turbo S. It is White with Terracota leather. If you don't want to wait around, and that works for you...BINGO! Drive it out of the showroom...just don't hit the 910, or Hurley's SuperCup winning Carrera, or the GT3RS.

If you are interested, the guy to talk to is Roger Edmondson at 904-726-3352. He speced out the car for the showroom. I talked with him for a few minutes. He seems like a decent guy. You can email the guy as well... redmondson@brumosporsche.com

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH BRUMOS! I go to the local races and cheer for the race team, and sometimes find really good prices on parts for my 951.

As far as the car itself...and I'm no fan of white cars...it was FREAKING STUNNING! What a great combo! I wish I had the money!
If any of you are going to Daytona, for the Brumos 250, I'll see ya there!
I was looking for a white one and put a deposit on this one. Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, you won't be disappointed! It is trully a beautiful car. Congratulations! Brumos is really a great dealership. I'm certain that they will take good care of you. I think the purchase of new one get's you a shot to go to their driving school, with Hurley Haywood, but DON'T quote me on that. I just know they have some sort of program, in Birmingham, I believe.

I had never seen the Terracota interior. It is so much more beautiful in real life than the online "build your own" gadget makes it look.

Enjoy the new car and post pics as soon as you can! I'm excited for you.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Coonquest
I was looking for a white one and put a deposit on this one. Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers
It's got a tasty SOLD tag on it. It looks like they had prepped it for delivery. I was just out there again this afternoon. It's still beautiful! Congrats! When are you picking it up?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I am told no turbo for 11 only turbo S so the production # will not be as limitted as some were anticipating.
Wat are the current discounts on them?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Gj325
Pro

I am told no turbo for 11 only turbo S so the production # will not be as limitted as some were anticipating.
Wat are the current discounts on them?
3% But my dealer has he claims 2011 Std Turbos on order???

But he also told me Aug. Delve for Ice Blue up till a couple weeks ago now its Nov , Dec or Jan.

So who knows I am sure if they can sell Turbo S they will make as many as long as they have buyers. What business wouldn't. Its not like its a limited edition Model. And with VW wanting to be worlds largest car maker. They will make as many as they can sell.

I just want mine. Dont care if they make 500 or 50000 I Dont plan on selling. But if the discount start going up then that would be another story also Dont want to overpay.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sch H III, Now THAT is just WICKED!

All five of my judges awarded a perfect '10'.

Your car is my Porsche Playmate desktop centerfold for July.

Congratulations.

Quick Reply: Turbo S