Sponsored by:

Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SchH III
Update: My Turbo S completed production last week (ahead of schedule). Expected arrival at the dealership is the second week in June.
I can't wait for you to get it! All of us with orders will get vicarious pleasure from seeing your pics. It's tough waiting till September, that's for sure.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mhh...thanks for the reply. The car is a virtual twin of my 2008 Turbo coupe that I really enjoy..black with natural brown interior. I ordered basically all the leather options excluding speaker grills, deleted the model designation on the engine lid, requested headlight washers in body color, added XM along with lesser items including aluminum footrest, some painted parts, etc. The only option I wanted that was not available was the carbon door sills; the dealer will order these and install these once they are released.

The wait until September will be difficult but you will appreciate the car even more.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: My Turbo S completed production last week (ahead of schedule). Expected arrival at the dealership is the second week in June.
That great news. Wish same was true here. Ordered in feb still dnt have final confirmation. Now they say late oct or nov delve for ice blue with all carbon. Don't understand color. Really wonder about carbon. They have always offered Carbon.

Can't wait for pics and first drive review.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
mhh
Instructor

I ordered carbon sills - I hope for the dealer's sake this doesn't delay delivery because my deal is off if I don't get the car in September.

I also couldn't wait for the Ice Blue (which I wasn't sure about anyway) and have chosen GT Silver/Black (no inserts) with Voice Control, Garage door opener, heated seats and leather rear console - plus the carbon sills.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhh
I ordered carbon sills - I hope for the dealer's sake this doesn't delay delivery because my deal is off if I don't get the car in September.

I also couldn't wait for the Ice Blue (which I wasn't sure about anyway) and have chosen GT Silver/Black (no inserts) with Voice Control, Garage door opener, heated seats and leather rear console - plus the carbon sills.
I don't know what the hell their problem is with taking so long with painting a car with a special color? Seems frigen silly to me!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF? Order in Feb and get it in Sept?! Subjectively speaking that's way too much time to wait! I think the "personalization" thing is overrated. I've ordered three Porsches and in retrospect can say every time a few months after delivery I could easily do without the stuff like painted seat backs or the extra aluminum trim I "had to have." Perhaps you could feel the same way about the options which are delaying your order. Just trying to help.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
mhh
Instructor

Originally Posted by LlBr
WTF? Order in Feb and get it in Sept?! Subjectively speaking that's way too much time to wait! I think the "personalization" thing is overrated.
Agreed, but you can't buy an S off the floor so you may as well add a couple of tricks. Some of us wouldn't wait for the launch blue though. Someone screwed up big time on the Ice Blue availability.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by mhh
Agreed, but you can't buy an S off the floor so you may as well add a couple of tricks. Some of us wouldn't wait for the launch blue though. Someone screwed up big time on the Ice Blue availability.
I would like to have a "Logical" reason why it is taking that long for that shade of blue. To me there isn't one! Coming from a strictly business point of view if they wanted it bad enough they could of had it a month ago. If one vendor couldn't get it to them then you go through another.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

According the sale manager at my dealership, my Turbo S is now "ONVESL." Based on personal past experiences with Porsches, after the "ONVESL" status shows in the system the car typically arrives at the dealer in about two weeks.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:01 PM
GlennMc
Racer

According the sale manager at my dealership, my Turbo S is now "ONVESL." Based on personal past experiences with Porsches, after the "ONVESL" status shows in the system the car typically arrives at the dealer in about two weeks.
Congrats, you must have had a hell of an early slot ???

Just got told mine's due to be completed 2nd June, and i thought THAT was early !!!

G.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

two weeks is doable - that's exactly how long it took for mine once it first went ONVESL to delivery. depends on where you live. your dealer will have the boat name and gets a weekly shipping report. but you can track it real time online. mine arrived at port about 4 days ahead of the original shipping report that porsche had. the shi had to stop first at another port in europe, then in nova scotia, then to baltimore. from there it took another 3 days to get through customs and to my dealer (only 60 miles away). you're almost there!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by trice9
two weeks is doable - that's exactly how long it took for mine once it first went ONVESL to delivery. depends on where you live. your dealer will have the boat name and gets a weekly shipping report. but you can track it real time online. mine arrived at port about 4 days ahead of the original shipping report that porsche had. the shi had to stop first at another port in europe, then in nova scotia, then to baltimore. from there it took another 3 days to get through customs and to my dealer (only 60 miles away). you're almost there!
It makes sense to do so but do they only drop these bad boys off on the East coase? Seems kind of silly to come all the way around to the West coast, cost wise. Don't know if these ships are Pana-Max vessels?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

G. Initially the build slot was sometime during April. In fact, the car completed production the first week in May. Since it is "ONVESL" it may arrive before Memorial Day (May 31).

Trice9...thanks for the confirmation of the time line for delivery. I did track my 2008 Turbo coupe but will let the arrival of the 2011 be a surprise. My dealer knows me well; once at the dealership the tech will do the checkout prior to "handover" and move the car to a service bay where I do my own prep...from removing the tape to washing, claying, polishing and waxing the finish. I imagine it requires a special torque wrench and breaker bar to remove the centerlocks. If so, the techs will do this for me so the inner barrels of the wheels may be clayed, polished and sealed. The process takes several days to complete...then finally home.

Last edited by SchH III; 05-18-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G. Initially the build slot was sometime during April. In fact, the car completed production the first week in May. Since it is "ONVESL" it may arrive before Memorial Day (May 31).

Trice9...thanks for the confirmation of the time line for delivery. I did track my 2008 Turbo coupe but will let the arrival of the 2011 be a surprise. My dealer knows me well; once at the dealership the tech will do the checkout prior to "handover" and move the car to a service bay where I do my own prep...from removing the tape to washing, claying, polishing and waxing the finish. I imagine it requires a special torque wrench and breaker bar to remove the centerlocks. If so, the techs will do this for me so the inner barrels of the wheels may be clayed, polished and sealed. The process takes several days to complete...then finally home.
I admire you ded. I wish I had the time to put in on my Turbo S when and if it ever comes in. Has anyone got a final price i ordered mine in Feb. But since I choose Ice Blue and lots of Carbon Fiber Opts. I still as of today don't have a confirmed spec or build date. I have been repeatly told Aug. Build late Sept delve. Getting anxious hearing that your almost there makes me think it is for real. Can't wait till you post photos.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Gj...you are not alone as I do not have a final base price on the car but the option prices are seemingly firm as they are listed on the pro forma invoice. I suspect the carbon delay is only linked to items with the Turbo S logo such as the door sills, model designation, etc. In fact, I deleted the model designation on the engine lid for that reason. The designation was available in chrome but not in the body color; I neglected to do this with my black 2008 and the chrome contrast, for me, is a bit too much.

Your car will be produced exactly as ordered (a rare and unique specification) and this, to some degree, justifies the waiting time.

Quick Reply: Turbo S