Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 12:09 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Very interesting. Who is this shop?
Old 09-14-2007 | 12:16 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Went to the "blog" on the web site. It's Betim Berisha who was a tech with PMNA.
Old 09-18-2007 | 09:40 PM
rmira
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Good job, but do pick up a set of cans as well, the bypass pipes sound insane!
Welll I had Fabspeed bypass pipes and sport cats put on today. You're absolutely right, the bypass pipes are insane, too loud - the gen 3 cans are on the way. (At least I have the bypass pipes for those days when I want to be crazy.)

It's too bad, because this is the first exhaust system mod I've ever made where I noticed a difference in performance. To honest, if it wasn't for the drone at 3000 RPM, I would be tempted not to put the cans on.
Old 09-18-2007 | 10:42 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

It's basically open headers bro, at least with FS you can swap components to tailor your sound. You'll love the gen 3's, I love mine, actually quieted down after the first 500 miles, no drone. Be sure and retighten the clamps after a few heat cycles, otherwise might leak.
I really felt mine on the track yesterday, wow!
Old 09-21-2007 | 05:54 PM
rmira
Instructor

I had the gen 3 cans put on today. They sound great, no drone, and the sound is agressive but nice. Like many others have said - it is what a TT should sound like from the factory.

Little hint - removing the bypass pipes and adding the exhaust is not a 'quick' job, it will take several hours.
Old 09-21-2007 | 08:12 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I totally agree, Fabspeed Gen 3 are awesome. After reading stuff online I thought they might be loud, esp. in contrast to the quiets, but they are just right. No drone or resonance, just a nice aggressive growl. I would say it's just about the perfect exhaust for me. Definitely check out Fabspeed if you're in the market for an exhaust, the products are great and the customer service is even better!
Old 09-21-2007 | 10:00 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by rmira
I had the gen 3 cans put on today. They sound great, no drone, and the sound is agressive but nice. Like many others have said - it is what a TT should sound like from the factory.

Little hint - removing the bypass pipes and adding the exhaust is not a 'quick' job, it will take several hours.
I honestly switched cans in less than an hour, but I could see how it could get hard. Be sure and retighten your clamps in a day or two.
Sweet!
Old 07-12-2009 | 10:03 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

I know this is an old thread but I have a question.

I bought the Milltek exhaust with the sport cats and had them installed on Friday. My first impression was a bit quieter than expected but very good with no in cabin resonance (drone) I put on a few hundred miles yesterday and the (drone) started and gave me a headache. I've read on a few posts that drone will go away in a thousand miles or so, has anyone experienced a reduction in interior noise after putting on a hundreds or thousands of miles? Thanks for your help.

Bob
Old 07-12-2009 | 12:41 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Check all the clamps, I bet some loosened, that's exactly what my fabs used to do. Just tighten and you'll be fine.
Old 07-12-2009 | 01:34 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Thanks Chris, I'll have it checked out

Quick Reply: After-market exhaust