Sponsored by:

HELP: Anyone From A Porsche Dealer: PCCB Order

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
cannga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Anyone From A Porsche Dealer: PCCB Order

As you probably already know, order for PCCB for July Turbo allocations is being rejected. For various reasons (that have been discussed ad nauseum and I hope that we PLEASE don't get into it here), PCCB is a must for me.

Question(s) One: What is the best way to approach this, ask for August allocation and check every week if sthe order willl be accepted? And then if August passes w/out acceptance, request for September allocation? Will any dealer "put up" with this (since this means you will release your spot when there is little time left for anyone else to change the order)?

Question Two: If I have say November allocation and PCCB is approved, does it mean I am "locked in," i.e. Porsche factory would set aside a brake for this particular order so that even if supply disappears in the next few months, my order would still be "approved"?

Question Three: Would Porsche announce ahead of time to dealers when the PCCB will be available?

Sorry for the cross post in other forums and thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

If it's like the short shifters you have to keep checking with Porsche via the dealerships computer, there was no announcement as one day they were suddenly available again. I would book myself a later (Sept-Oct) slot to assure the brakes, or find a car with them available now. Worst case, order your car without and retrofit.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ 996
If it's like the short shifters you have to keep checking with Porsche via the dealerships computer, there was no announcement as one day they were suddenly available again. I would book myself a later (Sept-Oct) slot to assure the brakes, or find a car with them available now. Worst case, order your car without and retrofit.
Retrofit on the short shifter is reasonable $650 while retrofit on PCCB's would be a pretty big expense!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ 996
Unlike the short shifter, I don't think retrofitting PCCB is a reasonable choice. Since most dealers nowadays either have or anticipate getting open turbo build slots, I would let them do the legwork. Tell more than one dealer that you will rush down with a deposit to the first one who can confirm a build with the PCCB option. Porsche will be building cars with ceramic brakes so it is purely a matter of when. This tactic might delay your car, but you know for certain you will have a MY08 plus you will get exactly what you what. I can't see settling on such an important option.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

True enough. I guess my point about the short shifters, PAG never announced their availability , you had to find out for yourself. Even my dealer had no idea about the shifters. So if it's a deal breaker, you're gonna have to stay on top of it.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by cannga
Question Three: Would Porsche announce ahead of time to dealers when the PCCB will be available?
See THIS thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
cannga
Instructor

Hello Jason,

Thanks, that's very helpful. Do you know if the problem has been resolved?

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
See THIS thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 931 Likes on 563 Posts

I was at my dealer an hour ago. He said there is no shortage of PCCB for the '08 model, and would not comment on the '07. Because he doesn't know, or I don't have an order for one, ... hard to tell. He is not the type of guy to hide something if he knows it.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
cannga
Instructor

Terry,

Only when your salesperson enters the *actual* car order with PCCB will he find out that it's rejected. That's how everyone has found out; i.e. no body knew until the order with Porsche was placed. The rejection started around 4/11 and has not ended.

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
I was at my dealer an hour ago. He said there is no shortage of PCCB for the '08 model, and would not comment on the '07. Because he doesn't know, or I don't have an order for one, ... hard to tell. He is not the type of guy to hide something if he knows it.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 931 Likes on 563 Posts

cannga, I am afraid you are probably right. He did not confirm that he had heard back from the Porsche order entry people on my specific order. But he did say that there is no shortage. We'll see how much he knows when he gets the order confirmation back.

Quick Reply: HELP: Anyone From A Porsche Dealer: PCCB Order