Wait, what? What's missing?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
LMAO!!!! Gotcha!!

Wait, what? What's missing?
The ceramics are missing from your list - but they're on my pro-forma. I will hunt you down...
Old 01-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...they're on my Mercedes.....
Old 01-29-2007, 11:43 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, this is better than any soap opera on TV! I feel like taking a day off from work to see what happens next! Too good!!....it will all be over soon........then you can laugh at me when its my turn (May delivery)......hang in there guys.............until I get back from work.................
Old 01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
kush07
Racer

I'm told the ship should now hit baltimore tomorrow. raclaims, I'm sure he's done it, but make sure your salesman "hot tags" your car. This way they know at the dock to expedite handling of your car over unsold and other cars.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kush07
I'm told the ship should now hit baltimore tomorrow. raclaims, I'm sure he's done it, but make sure your salesman "hot tags" your car. This way they know at the dock to expedite handling of your car over unsold and other cars.
Chris, I don't need to tell you to "hot tag" my car do I? You'll probably tell them to take it off last!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Kush...had no idea about hot tagging but I'll get on it.
Just heard the F'in ship is delayed AGAIN...won't arrive in Baltimore unitl 2/2 (maybe - if we are lucky).
My car is on vessel Rio Bueno...it left Germany on January 8th...I could swim here faster!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Dude, as a fellow Rennlister and TT waiter, I think you're getting too worked up about this ship it's gonna ruin your enjoyment of the car. Just let go of it for a few days and you'll feel better. Once you have the car all of this angst will seem silly. BTW you are still within the normal time frame, it takes about a month to get the car after completion. For example, my 996 was completed Sept 24 1999, arrived at Champion on/about Oct 25, delivered to my house Nov 1st. It's going to be fine.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:21 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks Doug...I did let it all go for a few days until I heard today it was delayed again. You are right about it affecting my enjoyment...I went from incredibly excited about this car to now having a really bad feeling about it.

I suppose if the dealer did not call me and say that my car was in and ready to be delivered the next day then all of this would not be bothering me so much...well my wife teaches Yoga...I may need to have her teach me some of those relaxation techniques!!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by kush07

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Chris, I don't need to tell you to "hot tag" my car do I? You'll probably tell them to take it off last!

Tsk Tsk Tsk....Come on now... you're dealing with a Professional here! A drunk one....but a Professional none the less.

Kidding!!

We know ALL about it!!

Also FYI boys and girls;

Apparently the vessel that was late into Baltimore; along with all the OTHER ships headed into Baltimore have created a domino effect as of late. Meaning, there are ships waiting to DOCK, but don't have clearence by the Harbor Master to do so....some are anchored off the mouth of the river.

So things do appear to be running late. We have, as do many other Porsche dealers have LOT'S of cars waiting to be delivered.

So on behalf of everyone; We're very appreciative of your patience!

Chris- let's worry about building the darn thing first!! he he he...

-The crew in Ohio!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 PM
RSA333
Racer

Now I am having trouble waiting for the car. Wishing I had got Cobalt Blue instead of the (free in my case) GT Silver, wishing I hadn't sprung (no pun intended) for PCCBs. Wishing I hadn't gotten a Tip which I have never driven before, but got it for my wife because she has a weak right arm and likes DE and club racing...I will probably hate the thing when it arrives. Buyer's remorse? End of March? It will never come and I live near Baltimore...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

RSA333....RRRRELAX my friend! lol

1) GT Silver Met. is GORGEOUS!!
2) Not a huge deal for going w/o PCCB's- you'll enjoy the non PCCB's.
3) Tiptronic is a blast to use, once you learn how to utilyze it to it's full potential
4) It's a 997 Turbo- Among the finest Automobiles on Planet- ENJOY!!
5) Worst case- you don't like the tip- sell it, and order a new one with out tip in cobalt.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 AM
gradyex
Racer

Originally Posted by RSA333
Now I am having trouble waiting for the car. Wishing I had got Cobalt Blue instead of the (free in my case) GT Silver, wishing I hadn't sprung (no pun intended) for PCCBs. Wishing I hadn't gotten a Tip which I have never driven before, but got it for my wife because she has a weak right arm and likes DE and club racing...I will probably hate the thing when it arrives. Buyer's remorse? End of March? It will never come and I live near Baltimore...

I think your really gonna dig GT Silver. Wish I had gotten that option (free). I went for Arctic (again) because I would't sping for the extra $$$. Gt Silver is a bit darker but very metallic with a lot of depth to it. Give the turbo time and if you still feel the same you can still flip the car and probably get close to what you paid (at least for a few months). If you wait too long, well, turbos take a nice hit especially the first year. The current situation is still in your favor and if you have a preference for a different color or a manual tranny its not gonna be the end of the world. Of course tax and lic will be lost. I bet you end up keeping it.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 AM
gradyex
Racer

Originally Posted by raclaims
Thanks Doug...I did let it all go for a few days until I heard today it was delayed again. You are right about it affecting my enjoyment...I went from incredibly excited about this car to now having a really bad feeling about it.

I suppose if the dealer did not call me and say that my car was in and ready to be delivered the next day then all of this would not be bothering me so much...well my wife teaches Yoga...I may need to have her teach me some of those relaxation techniques!!

Soon you will be in paradise with your Turbo! Don't forget the photos and first impressions when it arrives. Savor the moments until them, its part of the fun of purchasing a car like this one. The anticipation will be over very shortly. Hang in there.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Tsk Tsk Tsk....Come on now... you're dealing with a Professional here! A drunk one....but a Professional none the less.

Kidding!!

We know ALL about it!!

Also FYI boys and girls;

Apparently the vessel that was late into Baltimore; along with all the OTHER ships headed into Baltimore have created a domino effect as of late. Meaning, there are ships waiting to DOCK, but don't have clearence by the Harbor Master to do so....some are anchored off the mouth of the river.

So things do appear to be running late. We have, as do many other Porsche dealers have LOT'S of cars waiting to be delivered.

So on behalf of everyone; We're very appreciative of your patience!

Chris- let's worry about building the darn thing first!! he he he...

-The crew in Ohio!
You mean it's not built yet?!

Quick Reply: The wait is killing me!