Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wait is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:13 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Yup...we must be on the same ship...F'in insane. I actually insisted that I see it on their computers last night as I am so fed up with this already.

When the cars finally arrive...at this pace...likely in June or July...we should take a ride...where in NY are you?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

At least the container didn't wash up on the shore in England, could just see those scavengers pushing a soaking wet TT out of the crate!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:07 PM
AIravani
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raclaims: I got a built date of Feb 13th, my dealer told me 3 weeks boat ride, It is porting on the West Coast, and then they have to schedule a truck for Pickup. He told me to add 1 week for them to load it in the boat and 1 week for a truck to pick it up at the docks. I've been fighting hard not to keep checking in with the dealer but if this thing gets pushed out further then March, I'll kill someone!!! I wanted to get some pics like Atomic80 did when the car was delivered from the truck but they told me they won't know when it will be delivered, just when it lands @ the docks.. From there it’s a surprise.. Which I think is crap.. if they can tell me where a $2 box is and what time it is going to get delivered, wouldn't they be able to tell me when a $130K box will get delivered!!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
kush07
Racer

You got it. I'm in Westchester.

AIravani, I agree they should have a better tracking system. I've got to imagine, though, that so much is out of their control. Shippers, customs, truckers, etc. Porsche and the dealer don't control a single aspect of it. Fedex and other shippers control every aspect. From pickup to delivery it never leaves their hands or company modes of transportation.

I've been through this with just about every car I've ever ordered. I know it's tough to imagine, but I'm certain the wait will be a distant memory after a few miles.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
kush07
Racer

You got it. I'm in Westchester.

AIravani, I agree they should have a better tracking system. I've got to imagine, though, that so much is out of their control. Shippers, customs, truckers, etc. Porsche and the dealer don't control a single aspect of it. Fedex and other shippers control every aspect. From pickup to delivery it never leaves their hands or company modes of transportation.

I've been through this with just about every car I've ever ordered. I know it's tough to imagine, but I'm certain the wait will be a distant memory after a few miles.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Great news...my date for delivery was pushed back again. I am really sick of this already.

Kush...any other car I have ordered has shown up ahead of schedule - this is sickening already.

IF...and I mean IF...I ever get another Porsche...it's being taken from stock.

So to recap...Porsche screwed me when I returned my leased Cab with some BS about a chip in the windshield for about $1000...then I ordered a $140K Turbo and have been unable to take delivery...have I lost my mind?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 PM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Hang in there buddy...I went through the same thing myself! My car was being held at the port for quality control issues. The car was eventually released and shipped up to my dealership. Did they give you any reason at all as to why your car was delayed?

I agree with Kush, the "wait" will be a distant memory as is the case for me now once you finally take delivery of your car.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jason...my wife just doesn't get it and it's great to have a group of people who understand to vent to!

The latest story is bad weather in the atlantic...that's after hearing the ship got lost, and that they switched from Dos to windows so the computers were screwed up...how about this...just tell me the truth..."so sorry we screwed up"...it's a lot better than the BS I have been getting!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
brownie61
Intermediate

Wow... I had a 12-18 build date and it was at the dealer two and a half weeks ago.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Thanks Jason...my wife just doesn't get it and it's great to have a group of people who understand to vent to!

The latest story is bad weather in the atlantic...that's after hearing the ship got lost, and that they switched from Dos to windows so the computers were screwed up...how about this...just tell me the truth..."so sorry we screwed up"...it's a lot better than the BS I have been getting!
That sucks - I know how I feel right now waiting. I would be insane knowing it was so close and to be delayed even more.

The computer issue is actually true. the boat boat getting lost is hysterical. I can just picture a boat out there on the water making u-turns, asking for directions!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

brownie...that just hurts...rub some more salt in the wound please.

Chris...agree...boat getting lost is ridiculous...and come on...the most profitable car company in the world is switching from DOS to Windows now?? Are they the last people on the planet??
Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just reading this post is killing ME ! I've been giving some thought of trading my 30 Spider in on a 430 Spider. About 300k well equiped for a "used" new one, less 150k in trade. But I still wouldn't be able to order it. Sooooo... I thought that maybe I'd keep the 360 and order a new 997 Turbo when the cab's come out. After reading this post I think that my heart would give out long before I could take delivery and my wife would use the new car to get a new guy when I'm dead.

The thought of another man driving my Turbo is preventing me from placing an order.

Hang in there
Old 01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Fantastic...very funny...

Forget the Turbo Cab and get a superformance Mark III...http://www.snakepitauto.com/...
I am close to buying one...will let you know how it works out...ANYTHING is better than what I am going through now!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Exclamation 997 TURBO FOR SALE!!! $8,000 OFF!!

Here are the options:

Slate/black
heated seats
sports chrono
adaptive sport seats
rocker panel painted
LSD
thicker steering wheel
crest in headrest
rear center console -leather
door finishers - leather
carbon package
carbon package switch panel
gear lever trim - leather
storage comp. lid w/ model logo
sport shifter

ha ha ha!!! JUST KIDDING!!

Chris you're gonna KILLLLLLLLLLL ME!!!! lmao!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:18 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Here are the options:

Slate/black
heated seats
sports chrono
adaptive sport seats
rocker panel painted
LSD
thicker steering wheel
crest in headrest
rear center console -leather
door finishers - leather
carbon package
carbon package switch panel
gear lever trim - leather
storage comp. lid w/ model logo
sport shifter

ha ha ha!!! JUST KIDDING!!

Chris you're gonna KILLLLLLLLLLL ME!!!! lmao!!!
Your F*****G dead!! I'm so gullible about this these days you actually got me! I saw this and I'm like "hey, that's my car"!!!

Hey, I just read the specs again and there's something missing!! They better be there

Quick Reply: The wait is killing me!