Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wait is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:57 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

The wait is also killing me - April build. I am spending so much time here and on Porsche's configurator playing around with options it's driving me crazy. Plus, it's costing me more money as I'm adding things!!

I am not used to waiting for a car. Both my 997S and my E55 were both on a boat, unspoken for, with the colors/options I wanted and had them within two weeks of deciding I wanted them. Two weeks was tough. I ordered the turbo last month and i'm going nuts.

I'm almost afraid there will be a "let down" once I get it after spending so much time obsessing about it.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:38 PM
CHARLIE60
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris - your post is hilarious. I am going through the 'same thing' you do right now. In addition to being a lurker on this site and 6speed, I kept adding more options as I have more time to ponder......it needs to stop some how!
Mine is scheduled for May production but at least I am in a C4S for the time being. I also experienced the same feeling when I was waiting for the E60 M5. LOL
Charlie
Old 12-31-2006, 03:45 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by E55AMG
The wait is also killing me - April build. I am spending so much time here and on Porsche's configurator playing around with options it's driving me crazy. Plus, it's costing me more money as I'm adding things!!

I am not used to waiting for a car. Both my 997S and my E55 were both on a boat, unspoken for, with the colors/options I wanted and had them within two weeks of deciding I wanted them. Two weeks was tough. I ordered the turbo last month and i'm going nuts.

I'm almost afraid there will be a "let down" once I get it after spending so much time obsessing about it.
Originally Posted by CHARLIE60
Chris - your post is hilarious. I am going through the 'same thing' you do right now. In addition to being a lurker on this site and 6speed, I kept adding more options as I have more time to ponder......it needs to stop some how!
Mine is scheduled for May production but at least I am in a C4S for the time being. I also experienced the same feeling when I was waiting for the E60 M5. LOL
Charlie
Chris and Charlie

Stop obsessing about the 997TT ... it's a nice car but at the end of the day but it's just another higher horsepower and more equipped 997

have you ever had a date with a hot woman that turned out to be a dud because your expectations were too high? Well, your 997TT will be the same unless you become more realistic. Like women, there's always going to be a younger and better looking one. What are you going to do when Porsche introduces the X50 powerkit or dynamic chassis control or '08 styling tweaks?

Enjoy your 997s/c4s today so you can appreciate your 997TT more in the future! Personally, I think it's a great, well refined automobile but I miss the edge that my 993TT or my friend's GT-3 has.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

My car is onvesl...man this is taking forever...the wait is killing me!

I have never had a dud of a date with a hot woman...they always lived up to my expectations...just like this car will...and yes...I'll make the car purr just like the hot broads.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:48 PM
kush07
Racer

raclaims,

I think my car was built the same day as yours. Got on a ship Jan 8. Should be here end of next week, so they say. Can't wait either. Just trying to figure out what dealer options I'm throwing in.

Enjoy.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:56 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Kush, what is your spec? What dealer?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

kush...very cool. I am having bluetooth installed at the dealer and am considering Sat radio and radar detector but may just take the car and have fun with it first. I have waited this long I absolutely can't wait any longer while they install a bunch of stuff.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
kush07
Racer

Chris,

My order sheet is in front of me (from New Country in CT), so here goes:
Slate
Cocoa
LSD
Heated seats
Sport chrono
Thicker wheel
PCCB
Carbon Package
Mats
Adaptive seats (painted to match ext.)
Painted rockers
Crest in headrest

Definitely adding V1. My dealer has it installed so the readout is on a custom rear view mirror. Very cool. Considering sirius (got hooked on it in my bmw), ipod integration, some limited clear bra. Short shifter is a consideration. Want to drive it first. I've heard some say new stock shifter is equivalent to older short shifters. Others swear by the short shift. We'll see. Bluetooth I'm not sure about. Pretty sure I'll get an apple phone in June. Doubt the BT will work with it.

reclaims, my dealer said install of these things would delay delivery by about 2 days. No interest in dropping my car off at a later date to get these babies hooked up. Convenience is often worth the premium to me. Patience, my friend, patience. At least you've got a Porsche to drive in the meantime. I'm cruising around in a 7-series. I'm not complaining, but it's been a while since I got my sports car fix.

Scott
Old 01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kush07
Chris,

My order sheet is in front of me (from New Country in CT), so here goes:
Slate
Cocoa
LSD
Heated seats
Sport chrono
Thicker wheel
PCCB
Carbon Package
Mats
Adaptive seats (painted to match ext.)
Painted rockers
Crest in headrest

Definitely adding V1. My dealer has it installed so the readout is on a custom rear view mirror. Very cool. Considering sirius (got hooked on it in my bmw), ipod integration, some limited clear bra. Short shifter is a consideration. Want to drive it first. I've heard some say new stock shifter is equivalent to older short shifters. Others swear by the short shift. We'll see. Bluetooth I'm not sure about. Pretty sure I'll get an apple phone in June. Doubt the BT will work with it.

reclaims, my dealer said install of these things would delay delivery by about 2 days. No interest in dropping my car off at a later date to get these babies hooked up. Convenience is often worth the premium to me. Patience, my friend, patience. At least you've got a Porsche to drive in the meantime. I'm cruising around in a 7-series. I'm not complaining, but it's been a while since I got my sports car fix.

Scott
Scott, looks great There's gonna be a few of us slate guys running around in the Metro area. Did you consider the CF switch panel package (stupid expensive, but i'm going for it).

As i'm sure you're aware there is a lot of "discussion" regarding the PCCB's. I'm on the fence - what made you go for them?

Here's mine:
Slate/black
heated seats
sports chrono
adaptive sport seats
rocker panel painted
LSD
thicker steering wheel
crest in headrest
rear center console -leather
door finishers - leather
carbon package
carbon package switch panel
gear lever trim - leather
storage comp. lid w/ model logo
sport shifter
Old 01-11-2007, 05:01 PM
csudhoff
Track Day

I have sold and delivered many of these cars, absolutly amazing machines. What color and optiosn did you go with?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:16 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Scott,
I just updated my signature...the C2 Cab is gone...so no sports car fix for me...I am hurting for the fix. I am driving the BMW and MB which are very nice but not what I need!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
kush07
Racer

Originally Posted by raclaims
Scott,
I just updated my signature...the C2 Cab is gone...so no sports car fix for me...I am hurting for the fix. I am driving the BMW and MB which are very nice but not what I need!
Better off. It'll make that fateful all the more pleasing.

I sent you a pm re: the benz.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by raclaims
My car is onvesl...man this is taking forever...the wait is killing me!

I have never had a dud of a date with a hot woman...they always lived up to my expectations...just like this car will...and yes...I'll make the car purr just like the hot broads.
raclaims

you think waiting for your 997tt to arrive is killing you??

just wait until the weather gets worse ... and try walking by it every morning to your other car. your baby will be begging you to take her out for a spin.

get winter tires and rims if you don't want to go through this agony when it's frosty or snowing.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 PM
kush07
Racer

There's gonna be a few of us slate guys running around in the Metro area. Did you consider the CF switch panel package (stupid expensive, but i'm going for it).

As i'm sure you're aware there is a lot of "discussion" regarding the PCCB's. I'm on the fence - what made you go for them?
Chris,
You stay on your side of the river, and I'll stay on mine and we'll be just fine.

I didn't go for the CF switch panel because I'm hesitant about CF in general with the cocoa. I'm a little anxious to see how the CF I got looks w/ the brown. My salesman insisted it would look good so I gave it a shot. From what I understand, if I really despise it it's not a huge deal to swap it out.

PCCB were a tough call for me. What swayed me to get them were a few things; all just my feelings. I didn't feel there was a "right" or "wrong" about it.

First, I feel by time I sell this car carbon brakes on cars of this nature will be fairly common and almost a requirement. I did't buy for the next owner, but something to make the car more marketable is always nice.

Next, I plan on tracking the car and feel there will be an advantage there. Not that I'd use the big reds to their potential (at least not yet), but it's nice to know they're there. Plus, expected life is enormous.

Lack of brake dust is sweet. Not 9 grand sweet, but sweet nonetheless.

Lastly, and purely ego, I thought after all is said and done, and I'm driving this really expensive car, would I regret not having the "best?" I know myself, and know if I came across a car w/ the carbons I'd say, "damn. shoulda gotten 'em." I'll probably own this car for a little while so I wanted to be certain I had no regrets. Probably effective marketing, but hey, aren't we all buying into a bit of it here and there?

And there you have it.

Good luck deciding.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
golfguy
Racer

Scott, looks great There's gonna be a few of us slate guys running around in the Metro area. Did you consider the CF switch panel package (stupid expensive, but i'm going for it).

i know this is going to be a contrarian point of view but i would not recommend the pccb ... unless you are turning <58 sec laps at lime rock or <2:03 sec laps at the glen. ask the hotshoes in DE and clubracing for their opinions on the differences between pccb and steel.

spend the money on something that's going to make your tt truely different than all the other ones around you eg. wheels, exhaust, aero bling, etc)

on the resale comment, here's a real life example. my friend of mine got the shock of his life when he went to trade his prestine, low mileage, fully loaded (x50, pccb, nat lthr, cf everything) '04 996tt cab. it was $250k canadian and will get about 50% on a trade. less equipped 996tt take less of a hit because dealers don't pay for pricey options.

Last edited by golfguy; 01-12-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Quick Reply: The wait is killing me!