Rear Center Console in Leather
XMZ

$1,260

Total Price*

$135,745
Gear lever trim leather

CDZ

$430

Sorry about how it came out when I coppied and pasted.
So there are a few dillemas.
Color: Atlas Grey and meteor grey would save 2-3k dollars. Do you reccomend either one of those colors and what is the difference between the three in the sunlight.
Leather: Are any other leather options a must such as domelamp, sun visors. Which are worth it and which are not. We are trying not to spend too much but get the most worth it items that are easily noticed.
Interiors: Other options we would go for are standard beige, stone grey or stonegrey black bi color. We arn't sure what stone grey looks like in real life. Benefit of darker colors of course are less reflection from dashboard.
Lastly: Are there any other nice options you guys would go for like painted exterior color panels in the interior or other leather options that are a good idea. Also does deviated white stiching exist?
Thanks very much for input.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 500 Posts

Exterior:

http://www.europeanspeed.com/index.htm

That's the place to see the interior/exterior colors, they have a page where you can see all 3 greys together. But the short version is that Atlas grey is the darkest of the grey, almost black like under most light condition. Slate is the next step lighter grey and meteor is the lighters grey.
In my mind if you picture a 1-100 scale with Artic silver on one end and basalt black on the other, atlas grey will be around 90, slate will be around 60 and meteor around 45.

IF a unpainted black plastic strip around the bottom of the car bothers you, then you would want to have the front lip, side skirts painted to match. Be warned that the front lip is awfully low stock and it WILL scrape, it came unpainted from the factory for a reason, as it stands the unpainted lip is about a $200 easily replacable part.

Interior:

I have stone grey leather in my car, it about the same color as the meteor grey car in the about website, obviously not shiny but the shade of grey is about the same.

You would want the leather finish on the sun-visor, stock one is cheap vinyl-looking stuff
The domelamp one is really optional, it basically just replaced the plastic trim piece with a leather-trimmed one, nice to have it but not a must-have other.

If you like carbon fiber stuff, the carbon package look pretty good.

one more thing, you could order the center console lid in logo-ed leather, I saw it in atomic80's car and it really look good. Standard one is un-logoed plastic btw.

This is Porsche, deviated stiching in white is of course order-able, they will do it in lime-green if you really want it, you just have to pay for it

Have fun second guessing your choices, just about everyone here did that and the bottom line is that it's your car and you are the final judge on what you want in your car. Hope there isn't a long wait for you.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know that you must live in a warm environment, but heated seats would be smart for resale.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

i know that you must live in a warm environment, but heated seats would be smart for resale.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The full leather is standard so there shouldn't be a upcharge on that. I went for the Meteor, looks great and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Porsche really rips us on the options IMO.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DJ 996
The full leather is standard so there shouldn't be a upcharge on that. I went for the Meteor, looks great and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Porsche really rips us on the options IMO.
just so you know, there are alot of places that will give you a way earlier than june build.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:33 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I Know, and I was even offered an earlier build, but for a variety of reasons the June build is perfect.

Trending Topics

Old 12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I have inserted my comments:

Originally Posted by dsts6
911 Turbo
$122,900

Optional
Exterior Color
Slate Grey Metallic
$3,070 (Great color, but Meteor is nice too, for $3K I'd go Meteor)

Interior Color
Black/Sand Beige Interior ( No beige with the grey exterior, go all black or if you decide to go slate, you may like the Cocoa, a lot of guys do, I personally prefer a black interior)
BM

$3,795

Performance
Sport Chrono Package Turbo (Good Choice!)

$1,840
Axle-Differential Lock Rear (A must)
$950

Wheels
19" Turbo wheels (personal preference here)

$0

Interior
Adaptive Sports Seats (Winner!)
P01

$1,145
Black Mats - Porsche Lettering (a must)
M6A

$115

Interior Leather
Two-tone leather interior
$0
Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather (I'd prefer the Multi-function wheel)
XPA

$310
Door finishers in leather (very nice)
XTV

$360
Rear Center Console in Leather (very nice)
XMZ

$1,260

Total Price*

$135,745
Gear lever trim leather (very nice)

CDZ

$430

Sorry about how it came out when I coppied and pasted.
So there are a few dillemas.
Color: Atlas Grey and meteor grey would save 2-3k dollars. Do you reccomend either one of those colors and what is the difference between the three in the sunlight.
Leather: Are any other leather options a must such as domelamp, sun visors. Which are worth it and which are not. We are trying not to spend too much but get the most worth it items that are easily noticed.
Interiors: Other options we would go for are standard beige, stone grey or stonegrey black bi color. We arn't sure what stone grey looks like in real life. Benefit of darker colors of course are less reflection from dashboard.
Lastly: Are there any other nice options you guys would go for like painted exterior color panels in the interior or other leather options that are a good idea. Also does deviated white stiching exist?
Thanks very much for input.
Couple other things, if you really think you want to keep it for awhile, get all the goodies YOU want, some are a must, some are frivilous, but who cares, enjoy the car and get all the stuff that will make you happy!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:54 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

B O S E . . . .

Your spending all that money - spend a little more and get a slightly better sound system that is still covered under warranty...

Adaptive Sport Seats are GREAT!!! Luv Mine!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

BOSE stereo is standard in the Turbo.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:42 PM
cat3010
2nd Gear

I one thing that I have that I thought was a waste of money, but now love is the stainless steel door guards illuminated. My wife wanted them so I gave in. I just love that cool turbo font light up when I open the door.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 402 Posts

^^^ I also think those are great and worth it on a turbo.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:38 PM
smjjpres
Instructor

I think Heated Seats are an absolute must - many cars are coming w/them these days (turbo's too).
Old 12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

One more little thing to keep the seams in the center console going to the rear,--model embossed in the center console pid.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:27 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by cat3010
I one thing that I have that I thought was a waste of money, but now love is the stainless steel door guards illuminated. My wife wanted them so I gave in. I just love that cool turbo font light up when I open the door.
where is that on the configurator? I looked and didn't see it. How much is that option?

Quick Reply: Please critique my order