Sponsored by:

Non-Running 997tt PPI

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM
ctglass
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I'd be all over this. If the chassis is sound and the body mods are well made and fitted I'd buy it and hoon it for as long as I could.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 181 Posts

It definitely might make a good track car. You are looking at at least a $20K for a complete high quality respray, so you need to keep that in mind.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Given the risk you have to assume because the owner doesn’t want to finish the project I wouldn’t personally spend more than $30-35k on the car. Reason being if there is something wrong with the engine either from non use or issues before the car was put away you bill for a Mezger rebuild will start in the 20k range and only go up from there. Heck, junkyard motors are $20-30k.

...not saying that’s where you end up but you never know who to trust hence the risk of that cost is there.

Also, you need to LOVE this car because it’s not one to easily get rid of, even in finished form due to the body kit and accident history.

I’d say all done and running perfectly you are looking at a car that’s worth 65-70. Work backwards on the costs to get it done and the risks you take with components such as motor and diff (front one could have been damaged in the collision) and figure out what it’s worth to you to finish the project.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:47 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

It needs to be a steal, otherwise its a big money pit.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Will be watching how this turns out....
Old 11-13-2018, 10:15 PM
ctglass
Intermediate

Deal finalized today and it will be on a truck to the East coast tomorrow. Cannot wait to start wrenching on this thing!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:01 AM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 84 Posts

We need some pics......asap
Old 11-14-2018, 07:06 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Awaiting pictures

Last edited by atcbi5; 11-15-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:22 PM
ctglass
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TTG
We need some pics......asap
Here is a for sale listing that is still up with photos:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es-offers.html
Old 11-14-2018, 03:42 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Cool project, anything less than 50k is a steal. There has been a lot of cash spent on that car, good luck can't wait to see pics
c
Old 11-14-2018, 04:30 PM
ctglass
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Cool project, anything less than 50k is a steal. There has been a lot of cash spent on that car, good luck can't wait to see pics
c
ehhhhh.... Does close to that count? haha

Either way I think I got a decent deal and it is going to be an awesome build, and one hell of a car once complete. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:38 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

If you paid less than what you feel was reasonable then it's a bargain

If you'd led with the link when first asking about the car I'm sure many would have said to go ahead. What an awesome project. I'm jealous!!

Have fun, look forward to the build thread.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:00 AM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah as long as u like it and love it who cares.

As as for the title, I would have to see the car fax. Once the insurance companies lays you out, they request the title sent to them. Then they stamp it salvaged. Then after you get the car road ready, you are supposed to take it to the state police for inspection where they will issue another title stamped rebuilt.

I had had a guy from New York went through the work of getting the title rebuilt. Then he had the car titled in New Jersey. New Jersey issued a “clean” title. When I titled the car in Louisiana mine was “clean” as well. When I sold the car to a guy in Illinois I told him ahead of time because i knew the car fax would revealed the accident and insurance payout.

Then if if you ever go for a diminished value claim, every insurance will bark when they pull up the car fax. I had a truck hit my viper in a parking lot this year and State Farm rejected my diminished value because my viper had a $600 insurance claim years ago. Ended up only getting $1100 for my viper limited edition.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:27 AM
ctglass
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sidwin
Yeah as long as u like it and love it who cares.

As as for the title, I would have to see the car fax. Once the insurance companies lays you out, they request the title sent to them. Then they stamp it salvaged. Then after you get the car road ready, you are supposed to take it to the state police for inspection where they will issue another title stamped rebuilt.

I had had a guy from New York went through the work of getting the title rebuilt. Then he had the car titled in New Jersey. New Jersey issued a “clean” title. When I titled the car in Louisiana mine was “clean” as well. When I sold the car to a guy in Illinois I told him ahead of time because i knew the car fax would revealed the accident and insurance payout.

Then if if you ever go for a diminished value claim, every insurance will bark when they pull up the car fax. I had a truck hit my viper in a parking lot this year and State Farm rejected my diminished value because my viper had a $600 insurance claim years ago. Ended up only getting $1100 for my viper limited edition.
I'd love to understand more about this. The original owner's title (PA) was clean and not branded. The second owner titled in CA and that title is also clean and unbranded. I guess I am not sure where salvage comes in to play for this vehicle considering it was just a collision with some minor cosmetic and suspension damage. Happy to send you the carfax if you give me your email as well. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:10 PM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ctglass
I'd love to understand more about this. The original owner's title (PA) was clean and not branded. The second owner titled in CA and that title is also clean and unbranded. I guess I am not sure where salvage comes in to play for this vehicle considering it was just a collision with some minor cosmetic and suspension damage. Happy to send you the carfax if you give me your email as well. Thanks!
now this will drive you nuts. When I bought my viper it had a clean car fax. 2 years later re ran car fax and it shows an accident 10 years ago and 4 years ago. Carfax said their warranty is only against salvage car title. I was not a happy camper. So just because the car fax is clean today doesn’t mean it will be clean tomorrow.

So so you are saying the insurance company paid the original owner but the claim wasn’t enough to total out the car but was high enough to trigger a car fax accident notice.

Then the original owner cashed the check (assuming car had no loans since bank would Be lien holder and they won’t sign over an insurance check without car being repaired) and original owner had the dealership sell the car as is. New owner lives in California has car transported and titled the car in California.

If it happened like what I wrote above it would make sense. Still would affect diminished value claims and difficult but not impossible to get agreed value policies (aka collectors insurance policy). Stated value would be easier to obtain.

Thanks - Sid

Quick Reply: Non-Running 997tt PPI