Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the reason for lack of interest on TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

you are right...I meant 2014-2015. Updated my post.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Don't get me wrong. I drive mine!!
As much as my off time will allow.
Weather around here is the biggest hold back for me.

But, I'm not a rich guy, so losing a bunch isn't something I'd like to do.
But I made the decision to possibly lose some if need be to own / drive a bucket list car of mine.
I see youve been driving all over. Youre probably richer than some people here at rennlist who are just posers and speculators. Lets keep on driving and let the speculators worry about the cars price.
To the OP, match whats listed by dealers, it will boil down to apples to apples. Even if their car is CPO, but your car is in better condition, you can sell your car.

You will know who a real buyer is, they dont ask too many questions.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:34 AM
shneapfla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
That's usually the uninformed buyers...

Old 08-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see youve been driving all over. Youre probably richer than some people here at rennlist who are just posers and speculators. Lets keep on driving and let the speculators worry about the cars price.
To the OP, match whats listed by dealers, it will boil down to apples to apples. Even if their car is CPO, but your car is in better condition, you can sell your car.

Well mine is in better condition AND I have the CPO ending March 2020 AND tire and wheel insurance ending March 2021. So someone best buy soon or they will lose out if they are truly in the market.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:16 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I have not driven our TTS for almost 2 months as it was in storage for the summer.

I drove it yesterday and I cannot still believe how good this car is. Its perfect in everyway. It would be so easy to put 100k miles on this TTS. I moved my manual cars on the back and placed this as my go to car for now.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,269 Posts

I have not driven our TTS for almost 2 months as it was in storage for the summer.

I drove it yesterday and I cannot still believe how good this car is. Its perfect in everyway. It would be so easy to put 100k miles on this TTS. I moved my manual cars on the back and placed this as my go to car for now.

Good for you Sir!! I feel the same about the TTS.
If I had the need for a daily driver, I could do that Every Day!
But thankfully I'm supplied a car to drive all day to save miles on my stuff.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Greg Lab
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do the same thxbuff2001, GT3 on back burner (have to be in the mood), TTS up front. I am always amazed how EXPLOSIVE it is. I keep thinking that feeling will become old hat, but it never does...
Old 08-06-2018, 03:54 PM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 122 Posts

I recently sold my 2011 TTS for a price far higher than what is being discussed here. It was a private party transaction. I think the sale illustrates that there is a lot that goes into market value aside from the fact that is it a 2011TTS. My car was PTS and had 6k miles. I had a number of interested parties at well over 100k I sold it for only slightly less than I paid for it when I bought it with 2k miles 4-5 years ago. Even at the price I sold at, I think the buyer got a good deal in the sense that the car was unique and pristine, and for the buyer so inclined, there were no other choices. The fact that I had others interested at roughly the same price means that the buyer wiil be fine when he goes to sell it, as long it is still in the same condition it was when I sold it. Buyers value tremendously 1) low miles, 2) originality, and 3) uniqueness.

I don't know what the OP car is worth, but I think it is hard to speak in generalities about cars based on the fact that they are a given year or model. That info alone leaves a +/- 50% range in possible value.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes 6k miles vs 21k miles is a big deal. Thanks.
And yes in case anyone is interested, my TTS is still for sale and price has been reduced.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:51 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I recently sold my 2011 TTS for a price far higher than what is being discussed here. It was a private party transaction. I think the sale illustrates that there is a lot that goes into market value aside from the fact that is it a 2011TTS. My car was PTS and had 6k miles. I had a number of interested parties at well over 100k I sold it for only slightly less than I paid for it when I bought it with 2k miles 4-5 years ago. Even at the price I sold at, I think the buyer got a good deal in the sense that the car was unique and pristine, and for the buyer so inclined, there were no other choices. The fact that I had others interested at roughly the same price means that the buyer wiil be fine when he goes to sell it, as long it is still in the same condition it was when I sold it. Buyers value tremendously 1) low miles, 2) originality, and 3) uniqueness.

I don't know what the OP car is worth, but I think it is hard to speak in generalities about cars based on the fact that they are a given year or model. That info alone leaves a +/- 50% range in possible value.
My car fails on all 3. I bought mine to drive it and tinker with it the way I want. It’s personalized to my liking. If I wanted originality, I would have just hung a poster of my car in the garag and saved thousands of dollars. But to each their own and all respected but just does not make any sense to me.

Quick Reply: What is the reason for lack of interest on TT