Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 06:34 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Or get a set of Black CL’s like I did! I have the silver and black! Silver set is on my shelves with tires mounted. Whenever I decide that I am bored, switch the wheels and I got a new look. Sick right?
Old 04-27-2018, 11:29 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts

Gorgeous car! Enjoy.. now go and by yourself a TPC racing DSC module... will be one of the best mods ever.. and of course the Cobb...
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 04-27-2018, 01:20 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

Congratulations!!

I just pulled the trigger on a 2012 TTS this week myself, stoked to join the club
Old 04-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I would get the Europipe exhaust and call it a day. You want an exhaust the fits neat and tucked just like the stock one. I personally do not like exhausts that have that hanging look. It's a beautiful car and amazing quality. Like I said, best 997 turbo platform period!
Yes - I also agree on the Europipe exhaust - I love mine. Really sounds great and excellent quality.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Well the "new" hasn't worn off yet with the car / PDK. I'm sure it will a bit, but given how I feel about it now, I fully expect to still love it for a while. However, I WILL miss a 6MT for sure. I'm old school and LOVE to shift manually.

The "sport" mode in the PDK is pretty awesome for even just street driving. The auto blips on the downshift when just slowing down to a light or stop sign is pretty cool. Plus the Exhaust note opens up with "sport" mode too.

I did two launches in "sport plus" using launch control last night for my GF. She loved it and giggled for a while. It makes me feel like I'm doing something "Wrong" and hurting the car by doing it though. lol
Even the mechanic at the dealer that I rode with prior to purchase said, " Porsche built it into the car to use. I don't view it as abusing the car". So I guess it's okay to use every once in a while.

I'll only do it when I take someone for a ride that can handle it. lol Otherwise, just driving it in "sport" mode really is exciting for me.

Now, as a power junky, I'm already wondering what a good tune / pdk tune could do for the car. I'm a "drag racer" at heart, so more and more power has always been in my nature. But I don't want to do ANYTHING that could be viewed as "Harmful" or would in any way reduce the value and/or potential buyers when the time comes for me to sell it.

Anyway, I think it'll be a while before I get "bored" with the PDK. If anything, I'll look for a higher mile / lower cost Cayman S 6MT to purchase as my "run around" car to fulfill my manual desire.
Yeah in my 991 I did enjoy the sport plus mode. I only wish I kept it long enough to have taken that option to the track. Would seem to have been a real advantage. The launch mode is crazy too. Glad your enjoying it. I always like a plan that involves adding more fun cars like the Cayman S!
Old 04-27-2018, 08:20 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Or get a set of Black CL’s like I did! I have the silver and black! Silver set is on my shelves with tires mounted. Whenever I decide that I am bored, switch the wheels and I got a new look. Sick right?
Great idea actually..Swap them out for fresh look. Post pics of both if you don't mind.

Originally Posted by cyclrder
Gorgeous car! Enjoy.. now go and by yourself a TPC racing DSC module... will be one of the best mods ever.. and of course the Cobb...
I keep hearing this is a "Must Have" mod for this car!! It must really be.

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Congratulations!!

I just pulled the trigger on a 2012 TTS this week myself, stoked to join the club
Congrats brother!! Post a pic in here!

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Yes - I also agree on the Europipe exhaust - I love mine. Really sounds great and excellent quality.
I am impressed with it. I've heard it may not be the absolute for making power (Catless seems to be the requirement for that), but It's a nice start over the stock unit for sure.

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Yeah in my 991 I did enjoy the sport plus mode. I only wish I kept it long enough to have taken that option to the track. Would seem to have been a real advantage. The launch mode is crazy too. Glad your enjoying it. I always like a plan that involves adding more fun cars like the Cayman S!
Not sure I'll truly add one soon, but it would be nice to have both for sure.
If I didn't have my truck I could swing it, but I love my truck too much to part.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:00 AM
icarp
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done , what a beautiful car, and perfect color!
Enjoy and keep laughing it's yours
Old 04-29-2018, 10:19 AM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

Ok, you gave permission, didn't want to spoil your thread, thank you! My 2012 TTS, should arrive by next weekend. Looking forward to boosting the mountain passes in this awesome 911..

Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 04-29-2018, 10:24 AM
icarp
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet new tts, i'm down in NM . i'm on schedual to get my 07-997.1 in july see you on the twisties
icarp
Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 04-29-2018, 04:00 PM
svb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My two favorite colors for the 997 Turbo S are GT Silver and black. You guys both nailed it, congrats on the most awesome and fastest cars in the world. The beautiful 997.2 Turbo makes the 991 Turbo look like a pigeon IMO. Destined to be a classic, I wouldn't sell these fellas.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:10 PM
vtgt
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats Swole! Car looks beautiful! Glad to see you able to move the 996tt so quick and find this gem. No reason to talk pricing, but do you feel like you got a fair deal? Is the car warranties at all either existing cpo or other?

enjoy the hell out of it hopefully I can join the party in the near future!
Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icarp
Well done , what a beautiful car, and perfect color!
Enjoy and keep laughing it's yours

Thank you Sir!!

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Ok, you gave permission, didn't want to spoil your thread, thank you! My 2012 TTS, should arrive by next weekend. Looking forward to boosting the mountain passes in this awesome 911..
Outstanding looking car man!! Congrats to you too Sir!!! Enjoy!

Originally Posted by svb
My two favorite colors for the 997 Turbo S are GT Silver and black. You guys both nailed it, congrats on the most awesome and fastest cars in the world. The beautiful 997.2 Turbo makes the 991 Turbo look like a pigeon IMO. Destined to be a classic, I wouldn't sell these fellas.
Thank you and It sure would be nice if they decided to go up in value over time.

Originally Posted by vtgt
Congrats Swole! Car looks beautiful! Glad to see you able to move the 996tt so quick and find this gem. No reason to talk pricing, but do you feel like you got a fair deal? Is the car warranties at all either existing cpo or other?

enjoy the hell out of it hopefully I can join the party in the near future!
Thank you also Sir.

Yes, I had several people wanting the 996TT. I did well there also. I bought it "right" and sold it at a fair price, but made some nice $ in the process. It's what helped me decide to buy this TTS.

According to what I've looked at and researched I feel like I got a Great deal, personally. But once I pay the dang tax here in GA when I get my tag, That makes it just an "Ok" deal. But I'm happy and it's a "Bucket List" car for me. I'll have a payment on it anyway, so I'll try to just forget the "numbers" and enjoy the car for as long as I'm able to afford it. I'll sweat number when / if it ever comes time to sell it.

Unfortunately no warranty. Was actually thinking of maybe looking at purchasing a Fidelity warranty for it. Trying to decide if it's the smart move, money wise.

Feel free to PM if you want to know any more on pricing.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Coming back for thrashing some Mountain Roads in Highlands, NC. I have NO doubts about this purchase over a 6MT. This car is simply amazing with the PDK. Absolutely Love it.

I was able to wick it up to my current comfort zone pretty quick. Chasing two other fast drivers in their 2016 ZO6 Corvette's.
I'm starting to wonder if my car is tuned or something (maybe first owner didn't let the second owner know). Did a roll on with my friends ZO6 and I pulled away slightly. That's a 650 / 650 car. 530+ shouldn't be able to keep up like that. I may try to call the first owner to see.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:30 PM
jazzwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Coming back for thrashing some Mountain Roads in Highlands, NC. I have NO doubts about this purchase over a 6MT. This car is simply amazing with the PDK. Absolutely Love it.

I was able to wick it up to my current comfort zone pretty quick. Chasing two other fast drivers in their 2016 ZO6 Corvette's.
I'm starting to wonder if my car is tuned or something (maybe first owner didn't let the second owner know). Did a roll on with my friends ZO6 and I pulled away slightly. That's a 650 / 650 car. 530+ shouldn't be able to keep up like that. I may try to call the first owner to see.

Nice! Yeah check to see if it had a tune on it before. Was the c7 z06 manual or auto? Maybe heatsoak? Lots of variables at play on the streets even from a roll. What speed did you guys start at? You shifting manual in sport plus or auto?
Old 05-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jazzwu
Nice! Yeah check to see if it had a tune on it before. Was the c7 z06 manual or auto? Maybe heatsoak? Lots of variables at play on the streets even from a roll. What speed did you guys start at? You shifting manual in sport plus or auto?
No heat soak, as we'd been chillin on hwy a bit before.
8spd. auto on both ZO6's
From around 50- ??? (before leaving Mexico of course)
Sport Plus, Manually shifting, AC off.

Last edited by Big Swole; 05-13-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply: I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black