Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 04:06 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my first Porsche, a CPO 997S, a 2007 car, from Don Gentile back about four years ago. I all I can say was that my first Porsche was precisely as described by Don, who I think was pretty new to Hennessey then. Was a fair price, that car sold a year ago to an enthusiast in Texas, so I could move to our present '07 GT3. I live near Charlotte, so have never been back to them, but my solitary experience with Mr. Gentile was quick and courteous and accurate.

I have no comment to make on the GT3 discussed in this thread.

I have always had great service at a fair cost to me from Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte, too

all the best....

NV
Old 10-01-2015, 04:18 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
Funny how a thread started by an honest rennlister warning the community turns into a advertisement for resale.
Agree. Unfortunately this is the new world we now live in thanks to flippers and speculators. Enthusiasts be damned.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:20 PM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSH
They can always send the car to the other Atlanta Porsche dealer...the one that is about 200 feet from their lot......

BTW I also drove this car ~ a month ago...would not buy it at any price. GT3's are great, strong cars but obvious this one had a hard life.
BTW, I wasn't the only one who felt this car was not in top shape.
See quoted post above.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:25 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Op I do appreciate the original post. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:31 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am guessing this Chuck guy is having trouble selling it for a profit and needed to post his real estate type advertisement. No high end auto dealer worth his salt is clueless about the iconic 997 GT3. When they claim ignorance that is a sign to walk away. Chucky got taken... His "strong car" with clear evidence of non abuse will not find a home in an enthusiast garage.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:40 PM
goin2drt
Banned

He has 6 posts. Interesting that he works for Porsche and is a Porsche driving instructor but never has been a member of involved in this forum in the past. Certainly it's possible just weird to me that someone so involved with Porsche wouldn't be more involved. Such a wealth of knowledge.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
He has 6 posts. Interesting that he works for Porsche and is a Porsche driving instructor but never has been a member of involved in this forum in the past. Certainly it's possible just weird to me that someone so involved with Porsche wouldn't be more involved. Such a wealth of knowledge.
The guy sells real estate. He called overrev ranges, "stages." He said the DME is showing a strong car. There is more nonsense that came out. He clearly is a marketer, and in this case, "marketed" to the wrong crowd.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:51 PM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At his request, I did call and speak with Chuck.
This thread did scare a potential buyer.

At this time, I will not go into details about the conversation.
Please note I have not changed my OP or even the title after his repeated PMs to do so.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:00 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
At his request, I did call and speak with Chuck.
This thread did scare a potential buyer.

At this time, I will not go into details about the conversation.
Please note I have not changed my OP or even the title after his repeated PMs to do so.
And good for you. This is an open forum and it is your perception.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:53 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by callchuck
How could you wear out ceramic rotors with only 13,000 miles on the car? Someone please explain that one to me.
It's well know that PCCBs can be destroyed over just a few track days. See the sticky above.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:59 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

6 posts?
works for porsche? drives porsches for a living?
dme says STRONG car?
overrevs above STAGE 1?

-- or --

real estate bottom feeder
car flipper

...as the saying goes... if you can smell the stink, you don't need to ask what it is...

the stupidest people in the world try to scam other people who know more than what they do about what the very scam is about

Last edited by golfnutintib; 10-01-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:43 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
6 posts?
works for porsche? drives porsches for a living?
dme says STRONG car?
overrevs above STAGE 1?

-- or --

real estate bottom feeder
car flipper

...as the saying goes... if you can smell the stink, you don't need to ask with it is...

the stupidest people in the world try to scam other people who know more than what they do about what the very scam is about
I only jumped on this post to protect an asset I bought. There is much more to the story than you know. It will all work out in the end. And yes I do drive for Porsche and own a Real Estate Company for over 20 years. I can see that your not to busy posting over 800 times in a year. Get a Life!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:28 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 997s07
The guy sells real estate. He called overrev ranges, "stages." He said the DME is showing a strong car. There is more nonsense that came out. He clearly is a marketer, and in this case, "marketed" to the wrong crowd.
NO over revs out of range one only 30 ignitions in range one. That DME report shows a strong motor that has not been abused. If I made a grammar error saying stage instead of range excuse me. Not trying to market to you guys promise!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:34 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Way too busy to play on this forum. I do appreciate all of the knowledge here so I will one day use this forum more to enjoy all the information that is shared. And I promise I am very involved with Porsche and would invite any of you guys to come visit us in Atlanta and soon LA.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by callchuck
I only jumped on this post to protect an asset I bought. There is much more to the story than you know. It will all work out in the end. And yes I do drive for Porsche and own a Real Estate Company for over 20 years. I can see that your not to busy posting over 800 times in a year. Get a Life!
Then we will be sure not see this car being flipped in a matter of weeks or months right here on this board right? Just sayin...

I do hope you enjoy the car in good health and for a long long long time...

...and oh yes thank you my life is just fine -- I have just a few P-cars, and you know what, I feel no need whatsoever to 'protect' the values of any of them on this or any other forum board...

Quick Reply: Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL