Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015 | 11:04 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Default Buyers Beware: 2010 GT3 White ATL

Cars are not assets. Many pcar owners will learn this the hard way soon I'm afraid
Old 10-01-2015 | 11:11 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Cars are not assets. Many pcar owners will learn this the hard way soon I'm afraid
Yeah tell that to all these GT buyers that seem to get cars at MSRP. They are making a killing.

Yes I agree with you though if you actually want to drive and enjoy these. Not an asset.

Flippers are making them assets and making a killing.
Old 10-01-2015 | 11:22 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Yeah tell that to all these GT buyers that seem to get cars at MSRP. They are making a killing.

Yes I agree with you though if you actually want to drive and enjoy these. Not an asset.

Flippers are making them assets and making a killing.
Yes it depends on what kind of car you buy as an asset or the cars that you know will be worth 30% less as soon as you drive it off the lot.

My cars I own that I consider assets are:
2005 Ford GT
1974 365 Ferrari Boxer
2010 Porsche GT3
2015 Camaro Z28
2016 ACR Viper
Old 10-01-2015 | 11:47 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

whut?!? my GT3 is my retirement plan!!!
should i buy a 964 instead???

Old 10-02-2015 | 12:25 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Default Buyers Beware: 2010 GT3 White ATL

Originally Posted by Saru385
whut?!? my GT3 is my retirement plan!!!
should i buy a 964 instead???

Lol - we gonna get you out on a track day so you can "ruin" the car?
Old 10-02-2015 | 12:31 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Lol - we gonna get you out on a track day so you can "ruin" the car?
i'm interested, but also fearful of the slippery slope of mods, tires, rotors/pads, etc that will likely come with it. would like to at least do a DE type thing and maybe a ride along with one of you guys to see how slow i really am.

and since the car has over 30k miles now, guess it's pretty much "ruined" anyway.
Old 10-02-2015 | 01:52 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by callchuck
NO over revs out of range one only 30 ignitions in range one. That DME report shows a strong motor that has not been abused. If I made a grammar error saying stage instead of range excuse me. Not trying to market to you guys promise!
Hmmm... That's not a grammar error.

If I were you I would just walk away. We all know you're trying to sell your 2010 GT3 and need this thread expunged. You're not fooling anyone. You want to flip your car? Go ahead. But don't think you can use this board to advertise to potential clients. You'll always get called out. We all have very different opinions, but none of us is stupid. Go "protect" your "asset" elsewhere.
Old 10-02-2015 | 07:45 AM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 997s07
Hmmm... That's not a grammar error.

If I were you I would just walk away. We all know you're trying to sell your 2010 GT3 and need this thread expunged. You're not fooling anyone. You want to flip your car? Go ahead. But don't think you can use this board to advertise to potential clients. You'll always get called out. We all have very different opinions, but none of us is stupid. Go "protect" your "asset" elsewhere.
Not trying to sell it or flip it here. This thread is about my car not yours. If all of the information were true, than no problem ... But it is not. Someone wanted buy my car and now has second thoughts because of this original post. All I can do is prove it is incorrect with facts not opinions. And I never walk away from anything, if I can correct or take care of the problem. If I want to sell this car on Rennlist than I would advertise in the classifieds not on this thread.

Last edited by callchuck; 10-02-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2015 | 08:25 AM
NAM VET
Pro

This is a long thread, and I got to thinking over my morning coffee, although truth be told, sometimes my "thinking" gets me into trouble, and maybe will also today.

I see this whole thread from two sides. One of the great benefits of this forum is that many if not most of these cars are "known" to the members. So if a potential buyer comes and asks about a possible acquisition of a GT3/GT2, perhaps advertised as perfect, and yet another member knows it hit the wall at Atlanta, then a PM or post is simply protecting another enthusiast. Or if a seller advertises a car or product on this forum and conceals that it is defective, then posting cautions and opinions also appropriate.

But to what extent should a buyer, who has doubts about a car, or perceives that he/she was treated rudely, come here and cast dispersions on the seller and his car? Especially a car not advertised here. I see that as a very real difference.

We all are treated with respect and courtesy or with hostility and deceit every day, and yet for me, at my age, I just chalk it up to life, and go on. I am not in the habit of trashing other people or their businesses.

Also, I have found many sellers of cars are pretty uninformed about what they are selling or servicing. For instance, i think service reps at car dealers don't have their positions because they used to work in service, and hence know all about the cars they service, but because they are skilled at working with customers.

I don't go around searching out incomplete or inaccurate claims for products or service, and then telling the world about it because sometimes it is I who is misinformed.

So, it is my opinion that if a potential purchaser of a GT3 came to this forum and asked about the PPI, and what it meant, then it is likely very helpful for others to offer their opinions. But i personally would not have started a thread with criticism of a dealer or seller because I was treated rudely, or given possibly inaccurate information about the car.

How many of us have traded in a car, and not told the dealer that the car used some oil, or was hard to align, or had a repair, or something else?

Anyway, i don't know the car or the present owner, but I would not have started a thread with adverse comments about either. Maybe the seller is a nice guy, and the car is good, but for sure, he won't be back here. Likewise, the OP I am sure is also a nice guy, who just wants a GT3, and hopes to help others with their own purchase decision. I don't know him either.

But for me, I just don't around poking sticks at other people.

Like I said, thinking sometimes gets me into trouble.

All the best....

Nv
Old 10-02-2015 | 08:33 AM
Ochocoronas
Pro

How could you wear out ceramic rotors with only 13,000 miles on the car? Someone please explain that one to me.

Chuck Rosenblum
Porsche North America
Experience Center Driving Coach
Atlanta GA
And you say you are a driver for Porsche and you want someone here to explain this to you. I have no skin in the game but this was the ultimate fail.

Last edited by Ochocoronas; 10-02-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2015 | 08:48 AM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

I wholeheartedly agree with you NV.

In this case, the car was being sold by a dealer in Atlanta.
Chuck purchased this vehicle AFTER this thread was created and had no idea of this thread OR the PPI that was performed by Jim Ellis Porsche.

I started it to inform the community of the about a car with a sketchy past that was being sold by a dealer that was not forthcoming with information.
My intentions were not to bash the dealership or salesman.

The fact that the dealership did not disclose the PPI or any of the info to Chuck further reinforces my reason for starting this thread.

Had he been more forum savvy, he might have read this and steered clear of the car or had a more thorough PPI done.

-Drew

Originally Posted by NAM VET
This is a long thread, and I got to thinking over my morning coffee, although truth be told, sometimes my "thinking" gets me into trouble, and maybe will also today.

I see this whole thread from two sides. One of the great benefits of this forum is that many if not most of these cars are "known" to the members. So if a potential buyer comes and asks about a possible acquisition of a GT3/GT2, perhaps advertised as perfect, and yet another member knows it hit the wall at Atlanta, then a PM or post is simply protecting another enthusiast. Or if a seller advertises a car or product on this forum and conceals that it is defective, then posting cautions and opinions also appropriate.

But to what extent should a buyer, who has doubts about a car, or perceives that he/she was treated rudely, come here and cast dispersions on the seller and his car? Especially a car not advertised here. I see that as a very real difference.

We all are treated with respect and courtesy or with hostility and deceit every day, and yet for me, at my age, I just chalk it up to life, and go on. I am not in the habit of trashing other people or their businesses.

Also, I have found many sellers of cars are pretty uninformed about what they are selling or servicing. For instance, i think service reps at car dealers don't have their positions because they used to work in service, and hence know all about the cars they service, but because they are skilled at working with customers.

I don't go around searching out incomplete or inaccurate claims for products or service, and then telling the world about it because sometimes it is I who is misinformed.

So, it is my opinion that if a potential purchaser of a GT3 came to this forum and asked about the PPI, and what it meant, then it is likely very helpful for others to offer their opinions. But i personally would not have started a thread with criticism of a dealer or seller because I was treated rudely, or given possibly inaccurate information about the car.

How many of us have traded in a car, and not told the dealer that the car used some oil, or was hard to align, or had a repair, or something else?

Anyway, i don't know the car or the present owner, but I would not have started a thread with adverse comments about either. Maybe the seller is a nice guy, and the car is good, but for sure, he won't be back here. Likewise, the OP I am sure is also a nice guy, who just wants a GT3, and hopes to help others with their own purchase decision. I don't know him either.

But for me, I just don't around poking sticks at other people.

Like I said, thinking sometimes gets me into trouble.

All the best....

Nv
Old 10-02-2015 | 09:49 AM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
And you say you are a driver for Porsche and you want someone here to explain this to you. I have no skin in the game but this was the ultimate fail.
Here we go again. The reason I posted that about the brakes is because the car has never been run hard according to the DME report. In fact it looks like it was used as a pace car with only 30 ignitions in Range 1. So how can you wear ceramics out not driving the car hard with only 13,000 miles on them. Yes I know you can cook your ceramics racing in one event or tracking the car hard. But not at 30 ignitions in range 1. That is all I am saying.
Old 10-02-2015 | 09:57 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

I've seen track cars driven very fast and have very little "stage" 1 over revs. Some of us use the rev limiter as a shift indicator, some don't.
Old 10-02-2015 | 10:15 AM
monk46
Rennlist Member

Default Buyer's side

I was the potential buyer of the 2010 white GT3, purchased through auction on Ebay. The purchase was subject to PPI and correction of any defects. When I later saw this thread I contacted seller and rescinded the deal based on the Ellis PPI posted by OP. Seller was unaware and genuinely surprised. Since our agreement was predicated on PPI, I never felt I was taking undue risk or that he was taking advantage. I cancelled PPI because OP had already posted recent one.
Chuck has been a total gentleman throughout this transaction, has kept me informed every step of the way and has expeditiously refunded my deposit. Regardless of the issues that may or may not exist with this car, as far as I am concerned he has been a good person to deal with and a good brand ambassador for Porsche. The car might yet prove to be a good one, but at 69 I am in it only for pleasure, not the headaches generated by this thread, so I’m moving on with no hard feelings to anyone but the flamers.

Speculative derogatory remarks belong to the high school crowd, but not here. I would have no problem dealing with Chuck again and hope to see him at Porsche Experience for some coaching.
Old 10-02-2015 | 10:25 AM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Here we go again. The reason I posted that about the brakes is because the car has never been run hard according to the DME report. In fact it looks like it was used as a pace car with only 30 ignitions in Range 1. So how can you wear ceramics out not driving the car hard with only 13,000 miles on them. Yes I know you can cook your ceramics racing in one event or tracking the car hard. But not at 30 ignitions in range 1. That is all I am saying.

Depends a lot on the driver and the tracks. The deceiving thing about GT cars to the average buyer is low miles. Anybody in the know is going to inspect a GT car with a fine tooth comb in one hand and a latex glove on the other. The OP seems to have done his homework.

I wish you the best of luck with your new GT3! ...no flame intended

Quick Reply: Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL