Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 10:11 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by callchuck
Now who is advertising on this forum. I am posting the new PPI and DME report on Ebay. Can you guys just leave this alone now and move on. I have all the information needed to help the next buyer make a decision on buying the car with confidence.
And so do we. Thx
Old 10-02-2015, 10:35 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET

but what does the post count of a person's history have to do with their worthiness anyway.......

NV
I have nothing to add on the OP, the car, the seller.

I do disagree on the above from NamVet - IMHO the post count (and specifically, the ability to use the board's functionality to SEE WHAT ANY MEMBER HAS POSTED IN REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER SINCE JOINING), can, and usually does, speak volumes about any member... once again, the power of the internet and of this forum.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:43 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Just in case anyone missed it, from post #1, the VIN for this car is:

WP0AC2A9XAS783256

Accident history on Autocheck? Dealer can't find any evidence, so gonna try to wash it out? No thanks. This thread will live on.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:47 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^
This board, this forum is populated by like minded individuals with an immense depth of knowledge and understanding of these cars. We earn the right and build a reputation based on our input here. This is a perfect example of sharing accurate information and making the process as transparent as possible. Long live Rennlist!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 PM
ezdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I would disagree. We can't make comments about cars or sellers on here that are members and selling here because you get blasted because they are paid subscribers. Now we can't talk about a car or seller that is not part of the forum.

Isn't that what forums are for? People need to use their own filter and figure out what is the real story as you will get all sides.

I think the worst thing is this forum becomes this politically correct, can't say what is on your mind or share your experiences it becomes worthless.
I agree completely with this statement.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:06 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From the eBay listing:

"AM/FM,CD Player,AC,Cruise,Power Locks,Power Windows,Climate Control,Tilt,Power Steering,Anti-Lock Ceramic Brakes,Dual Front Airbags,Side Airbags,Traction Control,Xenon Headlights,Keyless Entry,Security System,Fog Lights,Variable Wipers,Rain Sensor,Rear Defroster,Rear Spoiler,Power Mirrors,Drivers Front Airbag,Passenger Air Bag On/Off,Side Head Air Bag,4-Wheel Disc Brakes,Gasoline Fuel,Auxiliary Pwr Outlet,Tire Pressure Monitoring absolutely gorgeous 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera 997 GT3 COUPE with Only 13k Easy Original Miles! This Porsche GT3 is in excellent condition both inside and out! Fully Loaded Including the 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Sport Chrono Package, Painted Center Consoler, Sound Package Plus, Guards Red Belts, Crests in Headrests, Center Lock Wheels, and so much more! 2 Set of Keys, Books, and Floor Mats included. This GT3 has clear title and Carfax. NO over revs on engine clean bill of health. Entire front end of car has clear bra.

On Sep-25-15 at 08:18:38 PDT, seller added the following information:

Autocheck is reporting a minor hood repair. This cannot be verified and has been asked to be removed from report AM/FM,CD Player,AC,Cruise,Power Locks,Power Windows,Climate Control,Tilt,Power Steering,Anti-Lock Ceramic Brakes,Dual Front Airbags,Side Airbags,Traction Control,Xenon Headlights,Keyless Entry,Security System,Fog Lights,Variable Wipers,Rain Sensor,Rear Defroster,Rear Spoiler,Power Mirrors,Drivers Front Airbag,Passenger Air Bag On/Off,Side Head Air Bag,4-Wheel Disc Brakes,Gasoline Fuel,Auxiliary Pwr Outlet,Tire Pressure Monitoring absolutely gorgeous 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera 997 GT3 COUPE with Only 13k Easy Original Miles! This Porsche GT3 is in excellent condition both inside and out! Fully Loaded Including the 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Sport Chrono Package, Painted Center Consoler, Sound Package Plus, Guards Red Belts, Crests in Headrests, Center Lock Wheels, and so much more! 2 Set of Keys, Books, and Floor Mats included. This GT3 has clear title and Carfax. NO over revs on engine clean bill of health. Entire front end of car has clear bra. Steel braided brake lines and dynamic motor mounts have been added. Owner is a Porsche driving coach at Porsche North America in Atlanta Ga."
Old 10-02-2015, 11:07 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NO over revs out of range one only 30 ignitions in range one. That DME report shows a strong motor that has not been abused. If I made a grammar error saying stage instead of range excuse me. Not trying to market to you guys promise!
NO overrvs huh Chucky?
Old 10-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

I have always looked in the Classified section for this level of entertainment!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:31 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
NO overrvs huh Chucky?
I should not lower my standards by responding to someone who hides behind a user name with no ***** to show who you really are. Probably some nerd who would not dare to call me Chucky to my face.

Last edited by callchuck; 10-03-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:42 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe time it close this thread??

All the best...

NV
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NAM VET
Maybe time it close this thread??

All the best...

NV
Well said thank you NV
Old 10-02-2015, 11:53 PM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 997s07
From the eBay listing:

"AM/FM,CD Player,AC,Cruise,Power Locks,Power Windows,Climate Control,Tilt,Power Steering,Anti-Lock Ceramic Brakes,Dual Front Airbags,Side Airbags,Traction Control,Xenon Headlights,Keyless Entry,Security System,Fog Lights,Variable Wipers,Rain Sensor,Rear Defroster,Rear Spoiler,Power Mirrors,Drivers Front Airbag,Passenger Air Bag On/Off,Side Head Air Bag,4-Wheel Disc Brakes,Gasoline Fuel,Auxiliary Pwr Outlet,Tire Pressure Monitoring absolutely gorgeous 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera 997 GT3 COUPE with Only 13k Easy Original Miles! This Porsche GT3 is in excellent condition both inside and out! Fully Loaded Including the 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Sport Chrono Package, Painted Center Consoler, Sound Package Plus, Guards Red Belts, Crests in Headrests, Center Lock Wheels, and so much more! 2 Set of Keys, Books, and Floor Mats included. This GT3 has clear title and Carfax. NO over revs on engine clean bill of health. Entire front end of car has clear bra.

On Sep-25-15 at 08:18:38 PDT, seller added the following information:

Autocheck is reporting a minor hood repair. This cannot be verified and has been asked to be removed from report AM/FM,CD Player,AC,Cruise,Power Locks,Power Windows,Climate Control,Tilt,Power Steering,Anti-Lock Ceramic Brakes,Dual Front Airbags,Side Airbags,Traction Control,Xenon Headlights,Keyless Entry,Security System,Fog Lights,Variable Wipers,Rain Sensor,Rear Defroster,Rear Spoiler,Power Mirrors,Drivers Front Airbag,Passenger Air Bag On/Off,Side Head Air Bag,4-Wheel Disc Brakes,Gasoline Fuel,Auxiliary Pwr Outlet,Tire Pressure Monitoring absolutely gorgeous 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera 997 GT3 COUPE with Only 13k Easy Original Miles! This Porsche GT3 is in excellent condition both inside and out! Fully Loaded Including the 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Sport Chrono Package, Painted Center Consoler, Sound Package Plus, Guards Red Belts, Crests in Headrests, Center Lock Wheels, and so much more! 2 Set of Keys, Books, and Floor Mats included. This GT3 has clear title and Carfax. NO over revs on engine clean bill of health. Entire front end of car has clear bra. Steel braided brake lines and dynamic motor mounts have been added. Owner is a Porsche driving coach at Porsche North America in Atlanta Ga."
You do not have my permission to post my advertisement. Remove this ad now! As stated before who is advertising on this thread Go to ebay and read the current ad if you are interested. This is not the current ad.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Close this thread. I don't think it is helping any one and now shows RL in a bad light... looks like a corvette forum now.

Any buyer can do their own checks etc and pay the value of the car on this basis.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:54 AM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you're taking this too personally.
Not sure why you’re so concerned about resale if you just bought the car.
You should be happy that my thread saved you money and enjoy it.

First off, I did what any one of us would do that's from out of the area. I was going to have a PPI performed on the vehicle but one had already been done by a reputable dealer that I've done business with in the past.

You're right, that car did have a clean DME report which was great, however....
The Bentley dealer was not willing to fix any of the issues.

After speaking with the manager over a few days, he informed me that they did find some overspray (not to the extent that was indicated in the PPI), the under nose panel was cracked, and that his techs confirmed the rotors were at minimum thickness.
Having said that, the car did seem clean otherwise. If the dealership would have been willing to fix most of those issues it would been a good buy at or around their asking price.
Now if you're saying that you purchased the car with none of the aforementioned items, then they may corrected them.

Another thing you're right about, I didn't see the car in person.. I did however call and speak with the service manager at Jim Ellis Porsche about the car.
And he stood by the PPI.
If the dealer had been forthcoming with information and transparent about the vehicle I probably wouldn’t have posted a thread about it.
What didn’t sit well with me was the fact that I had to dig and dig for the info on the car.

Again, I’m happy that the car was in great shape when you purchased it and I’m sure you’ll get it in proper order.
When you go to sell it, the new owner will get a well sorted car.

Hell, if you message me with the updated PPI I’ll happily revise the original post to help you in the future.

-Drew

Quote:
Hi Drew,

The car is going over to Hennessy tomorrow for a updated PPI and complete bumper to bumper inspection with pictures for any potential buyers that come along so they will not be scared off this car. When you post a thread about buyer beware and run from this without actually physically inspecting the car is somewhat unfair and can cause another individual financial harm when trying to sell the car under any circumstances. Because I work for Porsche I will make sure this car gets a 100% clean bill of health with photographs from Hennessy to show car is a great condition car with only 13,000 unmolested miles, no over revs and no accidents with no overspray from any type of body work. This car drives like a new car and it is a shame that this post completely harmed its reputation as a great GT3 for someone to enjoy. I know the Bentley Store was very upset and I took advantage of the situation to buy it knowing it was a strong car with minor issues that were easily corrected. Now I have to prove the PPI from Ellis is not as bad as stated in report and your comments about running from the car was inaccurate. In reality the car was in good condition if not great and should have sold for at least the $124 price range. As stated from the Ellis DME report showing no over revs which proves the car was never driven hard or fast on the street or track. Someone set it up to run fast but never did. Thanks
Why didn't you just send Drew the new PPI ?

If I were a judge making a ruling on this case I would have to say the OP has presented more facts. The fact that he posted his encounter prior to you coming on is huge. The fact that he states the Bentley dealer agreed that the rotors are at min spec as per the PPI is huge. How can you be a Pcar driver/coach and be so unaware of PCCB ?

In your statement I highlighted what I thought was telling. You were not going to accept the truth. Chuck I am not questing your person I am questing your approach. Instead of arguing about the car prove you point with facts. You say no paint but in the auto check it has a minor accident. A paint meter will solve this real easy. You say the PCCB are good. What are there current specs? How much life is left? I would like to see the new PPI but when I went to the eBay add I did not see it.

All in all why all the fuss? If the car is as clean as you say it is you will have no problem selling it. If its not your flip just went to a flop as a $20k set of rotors will ruin any flippers day! BTW I have no problem with flippers as long as they don't try and deceive people.

As Judge Ocho ruling on the case Buyer Beware VS callchuck. I rule in favor of the Buyer Beware. I now sentence this thread to life on the forum with no chance of being locked.

There again good luck no flame intended.

Last edited by Ochocoronas; 10-03-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:32 AM
callchuck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
Why didn't you just send Drew the new PPI ?

If I were a judge making a ruling on this case I would have to say the OP has presented more facts. The fact that he posted his encounter prior to you coming on is huge. The fact that he states the Bentley dealer agreed that the rotors are at min spec as per the PPI is huge. How can you be a Pcar driver/coach and be so unaware of PCCB ?

In your statement I highlighted what I thought was telling. You were not going to accept the truth. Chuck I am not questing your person I am questing your approach. Instead of arguing about the car prove you point with facts. You say no paint but in the auto check it has a minor accident. A paint meter will solve this real easy. You say the PCCB are good. What are there current specs? How much life is left? I would like to see the new PPI but when I went to the eBay add I did not see it.

All in all why all the fuss? If the car is as clean as you say it is you will have no problem selling it. If its not your flip just went to a flop as a $20k set of rotors will ruin any flippers day! BTW I have no problem with flippers as long as they don't try and deceive people.

As Judge Ocho ruling on the case Buyer Beware VS callchuck. I rule in favor of the Buyer Beware. I now sentence this thread to life on the forum with no chance of being locked.

There again good luck no flame intended.
I sent him the new PPI and pictures of the car yesterday. That is his choice of what to do with it. We had our private conversation about it. Not going to bash him or anybody. But the car got a much better PPI from Hennessy than Ellis. The brakes are completely fine on the car. To make the car 100% clean with new rear tires would cost less than a $1000. I do not need to defend this car anymore. I have all the documents and so does Drew. I drive the car so I can tell you how nice it is. I do buy lots of cars and have tons of experience buying and selling them. I have made some bad choices over the years with some stupid cars, but this is not one of them. Off to Porsche for some driving in the rain. Have a good morning

Quick Reply: Sketchy GT3: 2010 GT3 White ATL