Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New to me '07 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 01:34 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Samuel_Nunn
You'll have to give them a try! Then for sure you'll want them for the RS...
When I enter Carnewal's 8000 Euros into Currency Converter "Do NOT sit in sport buckets!" comes up on the screen.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 PM
code.monkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scheduled maintenance time on the GT3

Had fun yesterday doing some jobs I hadn't tackled before!

To get started, out with the air box...

Name:  LfknnRA.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  159.5 KB

...and immediately noticed some oil in the throttle body. My first thought was that this might indicate that the car has been overfilled at some point, but this hasn't happened during my ownership, so I'm not sure. Anybody know if this is normal?

Name:  okMcvIS.jpg
Size:  127.0 KB

First job, remove the drive belt.

Name:  QlLuiht.jpg
Size:  200.6 KB

Then in with the new one. Using a breaker bar with a 15mm socket on the tensioner pulley pivot made this super easy.

Name:  IL0t3iZ.jpg
Size:  181.7 KB

Next up, remove the old fuel filter. It did a little pee when I disconnected the snap connectors, but I had plenty of towels in there to catch any drips. I actually had more trouble once the filter was out of the car, it turns out the filter holds quite a lot of fuel (yeah, probably should have anticipated that), and it goes everywhere if you're not careful.

Name:  a1ikjrO.jpg
Size:  172.5 KB

Then to remove the clamped holder and hard fuel line from the old filter, and transfer them over to the new one. I was a little unsure whether I was tightening the nut for the hard line enough, as it seemed somewhat "all or nothing". I did it as tight as my weak software engineer muscles would allow, and I marked the nut so I'll see if it moves at all, I really don't want that thing coming loose! Here's the new filter ready to go in...

Name:  GDKKJgC.jpg
Size:  129.3 KB

...and now in the car. I really liked how easily and positively everything snapped back together.

Name:  T29ky1d.jpg
Size:  177.7 KB

Then to use some throttle body cleaner and clean up that mess.

Name:  v6kdAeV.jpg
Size:  166.0 KB

Next job, give the air box a good clean, and replace the filter...

Name:  L9sFm12.jpg
Size:  237.6 KB

...and install it back in the car.

Name:  68JeDRd.jpg
Size:  176.7 KB

Then, swap in a new cabin air filter.

Name:  2UjuqT7.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  169.3 KB

Finally, check the fuel filter connections one more time, start the car, and make sure there are no leaks.

The last job to get fully up to date will be to replace the spark plugs, but I've decided to leave that one to a professional this time.

I didn't do a full step-by-step guide in this post, as these tasks have been covered in more detail elsewhere (this thread was very helpful: HowTo: Replace Fuel Filter & Drive Belt on .1 GT3, thanks Spyerx!)

Quick Reply: New to me '07 GT3