Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:54 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Could you tell us something about the durability of the Tractive product and the testing undertaken in comparison to a proven benchmark shock like Bilstein.

Will the Tractive need rebuilding and at what sort of intervals ? What parts will wear and how quickly ?

What sort of guarantees do they come with and what is the after sale service network ?

TIA
Old 07-30-2015, 01:37 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Good questions!

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Could you tell us something about the durability of the Tractive product and the testing undertaken
Each model of Tractive shock absorber has been tested for durability at 2.4 million cycles at 100C degrees temperature. After the test the damping curve must be within 15% of the original damping curve before the model is released for production. The Tractive DDA valve has been tested to 18 million cycle by a renown OEM manufacturer and released by them for production. Tractive Suspension is operated by the former core development and engineering team of WP Suspension, the Tractive team is no stranger to and continues to develop and manufacturer top-quality aftermarket and OEM suspension products. We cannot comment on the durability testing of other brands.

Will the Tractive need rebuilding and at what sort of intervals ?
All shock absorbers need to be rebuilt at some point as seals do eventually wear. Service interval is based on usage, of course. The key elements to Tractive shocks' durability are: 1)the design to eliminate or greatly reduce flexing/distortion on Macpherson struts that causes premature seal failure, 2)using extremely precise manufacturing equipment and proprietary techniques to maintain internal tolerances to allow the seals to perform as intended throughout the life of the shock absorber, 3)use of high quality materials(including fluid) to surpass OEM requirement. Tractive have been building and supplying on-road and off-road motorsport shocks to the world market since 2010 with great results; from 24-hour GT-class circuit racing to long-distance off-road motorbike racing- that really puts shocks to extreme endurance test! In short, while no one can tell you with certainly how long each shock will last in each car subjected to each driving condition, some brands do have a recommended service interval expressed in operating hours to ensure peak performance whether or not the shock actually needs servicing. Based on data, we expect Tractive shocks to outlast OEM street/OEM motorsport shocks for the shocks' intended use.

What sort of guarantees do they come with and what is the after sale service network ?
Pretty standard warranty wording-
"Tractive warrants that the Shock Absorbers shall be free from defects in material and workmanship and shall conform to the published specifications for the Shock Absorbers and Tractive’s representations regarding the functions and uses for which the Shock Absorbers are marketed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Tractive’s warranty for any Shock Absorbers shall only apply if:
a. Only Tractive original parts, recommended procedures and tools have been used to service and/or repair such Shock Absorbers,
b. The Shock Absorbers have been properly maintained and not improperly used, altered or subjected to loads exceeding the tolerances published by Tractive,
c. The warranty claim relates to Shock Absorbers not used in racing, except to the extent the warranty claim is on account of clearly demonstrated design or manufacturing flaws.
d. Duration 1 yrs after manufacturing date (visible on shock absorber or delivery note date)".

As for service, there is a network of Tractive service centers through the globe. Each service center is required to have a filling machine to ensure the shock oil is cavitation-free(shown below) to maintain the high standards of the Tractive factory.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:28 AM
heliflyer
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any update on the release of the new units / software yet?
I am looking to purchase a DSC unit and possibly Tractive DDA set up for my 997.1 turbo but live in Europe so don't want to end up having to ship a "new - old" unit back for upgrades just after purchasing.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:27 AM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by heliflyer
Any update on the release of the new units / software yet?
I am looking to purchase a DSC unit and possibly Tractive DDA set up for my 997.1 turbo but live in Europe so don't want to end up having to ship a "new - old" unit back for upgrades just after purchasing.
We do not yet have a hard release date for the user friendly version of the software, but we are making great progress and nearing the end of development! We put together a tutorial video last week on the functions of the software and what it allows you to do. Keep in mind, the video features the engineer's version of the software so the interface isn't as user friendly, but it should give you a general idea of what can be done with the software.

We started a separate discussion thread for the software alone, so you guys can easily share your experiences, as well as custom tuning maps, with one another.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post12515546

Last edited by DSC Sport; 08-17-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
We do not yet have a hard release date for the user friendly version of the software, but we are making great progress and nearing the end of development! We put together a tutorial video last week on the functions of the software and what it allows you to do. Keep in mind, the video features the engineer's version of the software so the interface isn't as user friendly, but it should give you a general idea of what can be done with the software.

We started a separate discussion thread for the software alone, so you guys can easily share your experiences, as well as custom tuning maps, with one another.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post12515546
Will the TPC/DSC gus be at the 10/31-11/1 DMTD Sebring event?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloudspin
Will the TPC/DSC gus be at the 10/31-11/1 DMTD Sebring event?

Right now it does not look like we will be able to make it to that event but we will make a post if we will be there.

Email: info@tpcracing.com
Phone: (410)799-7223
Facebook | Youtube
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2021 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2006 Grand Am Rolex 24hr of Daytona GT Winner

Old 08-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Gem Mookherjea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@DSC Sport
@TPC Racing

Q: does a 2012.5 991S come with a factory 3 axis accelerometer? how is development for the DSC for 991 coming?

I have OE pasm, stiffer coils front and rear and stiffer sway bars front and rear and feel factory pasm is overwhelmed driving past 8/10, I want a DSC for this car in time for coming track season, updates?
thx
Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 AM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As some of you may already be aware, the DSC Sport technology is also available for the Dodge Viper SRT. We've been doing a lot of development work with the guys at Viper Exchange, our dealer for the Viper sales.

We are very honored to have recently received some very positive feedback from such an important figurehead in the automotive industry, particularly the Viper community.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Viper, Viper, what model 911 is that?

Yours "patiently awaiting his 991 GTS DSC unit for christmas"

- Larry
Old 08-31-2015, 12:38 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Viper, Viper, what model 911 is that?

Yours "patiently awaiting his 991 GTS DSC unit for christmas"

- Larry
Larry,

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the DSC Sport brand; you've been very vocal about your positive experiences with DSC on the forums! Development for the 991 platform is well under way and we expect to release it by the end of the calendar year. We'll be sure to keep you posted!

And yes, we realize that posting Viper videos in the Porsche forum may be odd to say the least, but let's just remember that the technology discussed in the video (and its description where most of the information really is) is the same technology we offer for the Porsche platform.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Larry,

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the DSC Sport brand; you've been very vocal about your positive experiences with DSC on the forums! Development for the 991 platform is well under way and we expect to release it by the end of the calendar year. We'll be sure to keep you posted!
I will look under my christmas tree! thanks!

And yes, we realize that posting Viper videos in the Porsche forum may be odd to say the least, but let's just remember that the technology discussed in the video (and its description where most of the information really is) is the same technology we offer for the Porsche platform.
srry I was just having some fun with you guys!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:34 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I will look under my christmas tree! thanks!

srry I was just having some fun with you guys!
No worries! I meant to address that in the original post, and your comment reminded me that I forgot to do so!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I have been very good this year and deserve a 991 DSC for christmas!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 512 Posts

As some of you may already be aware, the DSC Sport technology is also available for the Dodge Viper SRT. We've been doing a lot of development work with the guys at Viper Exchange, our dealer for the Viper sales.

We are very honored to have recently received some very positive feedback from such an important figurehead in the automotive industry, particularly the Viper community.

Storm At Pittsburgh International Raceway - YouTube
...just another random video from another random user until I looked up who he is.
Nice!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:09 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Things have been starting to take off around here, as we've installed the Tractive DDA coilovers on a number of cars here at the shop AND have sold a number via mailorder to other shops and customers. In fact we've already sold out of all 997/987 kits (our next shipment is on the way)!

We've been receiving some questions lately about adjusting ride height, so Tom and I thought we'd throw a quick tutorial together for you all.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM