OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM - Page 27 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Old 03-18-2017, 08:31 AM   #391
RajuPatel
Addict
Rennlist Member

What I meant to ask is what is the minimum/maximum lowering in the front and the rear axles for the 997.1 turbo TT?
RajuPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #392
Tom-TPC Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajuPatel View Post
How much does the Tractive DDA with the Swift 313lb front springs and 616lb rears lower the 997.1 Turbo TT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajuPatel View Post
What I meant to ask is what is the minimum/maximum lowering in the front and the rear axles for the 997.1 turbo TT?
Our recommended baseline ride height for 997 Tractive coilovers is 106/128mm using OEM measuring method, with OEM size tires*. For reference this is pretty close to OEM GT3 ride height. The Tractive DDA coilovers can easily go +/-10mm from baseline. However, we don't recommend the far end of the lowering range when using the standard 313/616 because lowering will decrease available travel(stroke) of the suspension. All shocks work optimally only with sufficient travel. Any shock operating without sufficient travel for the design cannot do its job, it'll then just become a piece of metal that's along of the ride. GT3 Cup and GT3R for example use 1000+ lb springs so the travel is limited by the movement of the very heavy springs, thus they can be lowered more since the suspension travel is limited by the springs. So if you put Cup car springs on Travtive shocks then you can run Cup car ride height.

*Denote different size tires will alter the ride height. For example a 10mm taller tire will naturally make the ride height 5mm higher.
Tom-TPC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #393
RajuPatel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Tom,

I am running the TechArt Bilstein Damptronic B16 with Nose lift. I am also using the DSC box. At the present setting (which is definitely lowered, but i don't know how much) i clear most speed bumps, barring few big ones. I would love to have an additional 5mm raised height and I would be ok. I am running stock wheels and tyres. Can you guide me as to how to measure? From the wheel hub centre to the fender edge? Any other method?

City roads and some freeways have very bad road surfaces. SO much so that at high speeds it is a back breaking drive. Hence would love to have a more compliant spring rates (but not at the cost of bottoming out) to cope with the city ride as well. I am never going to track my car. Hence i can live with a more manageable ride.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:11 AM   #394
bmwtye
Addict
Rennlist Member

Any updates on the lift kit for cars that didn't originally have that
bmwtye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #395
a_Y
User

I am wondering if we have the old firmware with 3 modes, how can we go abouts to updating it to the newer firmware with 2 modes?

For those who have tried both, which one is better?
a_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:29 AM   #396
RajuPatel
Addict
Rennlist Member

@ a_Y my unit came with 2 modes, like the OEM damper control. On (Light on-Sport mode) and Off (light off-normal mode). Though i would have loved to have "as many" modes as possible , but selecting more than two modes via a switch is cumbersome and painful. Now that i have changes the TechArt spring to SWIFT Springs, the ride quality is great (even on our bad bad roads) and on good roads, it is superlative in terms of body roll control and handling...
Old 04-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #397
changster123
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwtye View Post
Any updates on the lift kit for cars that didn't originally have that
For the Tractive coilovers (not OEM shocks), from what Tom told me it'll be summer time before it's available.
changster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #398
boostedt0y
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Y View Post
I am wondering if we have the old firmware with 3 modes, how can we go abouts to updating it to the newer firmware with 2 modes?

For those who have tried both, which one is better?
I had the old firmware with 3 modes and recently updated to the new firmware with 2 modes. Car is used primarily on track and the stiffest modes in both firmware feel similar. However, I feel like the softest mode in the 3 mode firmware provided a smoother ride compared to the softest mode in the 2 mode firmware.
boostedt0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #399
a_Y
User

That's a great review. In that case, I will probably just stick with my 3 mode one as the roads here in Hong Kong are pretty awful. Thanks!
a_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #400
nzskater
Addict
Rennlist Member

You can adjust the settings using the PC application so that normal is softer if that is needed. Happy to upload mine if you want to try it (I have Normal setup to be a little softer).
nzskater is offline   Reply With Quote