Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beware of Pfaff Porsche and Porsche Canada, CPO is worthless

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 02:21 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just gonna throw this out there, take it or leave it and for what it's worth. I would contact Jalopnik and ask them if they'd like to do a story on this car and the pains of dealing with this type of situation and the hassles that comes with it. After what happened with Nick Murray, I'm pretty sure that Porsche/Pfaff doesn't want this kind of publicity. That's the beauty of the age we live in. If they mis-handle the situation with a person with a creative mind who can figure out the right resources, this could really come back and bite them in the *** with negative publicity. When it's revealed the "sham" practice of Pfaff CPO'ing a car that may not have been within the specs to receive CPO designation, they could possibly lose their abilities to CPO cars in which case, they would be greatly be hampered because now the cars they take in on trade wouldn't be able to be sold as easily. Without the ability to take in trades that may be eligible for CPO, then they may not get the New Car Sales that they desire. Less likely, but still a possibility would be them losing their charter to sell Porsche's as an authorized dealership if it's found that they are fraudulently CPO'ing cars, since they're putting PORSCHE'S name and credibility on the line.

I'd definitely have your attorney name not just Pfaff, but also PCNA in the complaint. I don't know how much you've been in contact with PCNA, but it's definitely time to get them involved if you you havne't already. I know you've been dealing with Porsche Canada, but PCNA is ALL of North America and you may have more success when dealing with them if you haven't been already. I do see this eventually being completely and satisfactorily remedied in the end, but the bad taste will surely have been left in your mouth and may sour the ENTIRE Porsche experience for you sadly. What I think the eventual outcome will be is that PCNA decides to honor the CPO, rebuild the engine for you, have you sign a non-disclosure waiver and then they'll go after Pfaff directly to recoup the costs. Most likely PCNA wont seek monetary damages from Pfaff, but penalize them through taking away allocations of cars such as the GT3RS and upcoming GT4. If that happens, it could potentially cost Pfaff hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of the cost of honoring their CPO and rebuilding your engine, not to mention the bad publicity that is resulting. Pfaff is obviously being short sighted here and doesn't see the bigger picture of how this could hurt them. Hopefully they're reading and keeping an eye on this thread and start to see the damage control that they're starting to have to engage in.

Again, I like the idea of contacting Jalopnik. I could see the headlines for their article "Porsche is at it again..." This would play very poorly on the brand when realistically, it's a bad dealer. Unfortunately for the brand, the dealer is their representative. If Jalopnik did an article about your situation, they'd most certainly make reference to Nick Murray's story and I'm sure the last thing Porsche wants is for that to surface again, even if it has come to an end. Best of luck, I hope I've given you some food for thought and I'm sorry that your chance to own your dream car has been soured. Hopefully, it gets much sweeter from here!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

delete

Last edited by Inrev; 02-23-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:16 AM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I would go offline with your thought process because either porsche canada or pfaff are reading this
Old 02-22-2015, 06:57 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the different between an "x pipe" and the "bypass pipe" that sharkwerks and other vendors sell on this site and which many seems to be putting in their CS/GT3/GTS?

If the x- pipe is the same as a bypass pipe, then according to this thread, P-dealers and pcna will void Pcar warranties that have such aftermarket pipes and are risk of having engine issues such as RMD failure? Is this correct?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

Mods please delete thread, a satisfactory compromise was found for all parties involved. Thanks to all Rennlisters who showed support and gave me tips, it definitely helped.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:21 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Inrev
Mods please delete thread, a satisfactory compromise was found for all parties involved. Thanks to all Rennlisters who showed support and gave me tips, it definitely helped.
glad to see a resolve!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:23 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 347 Posts

+1, it's good for both parties
Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Was deleting this thread part of the "compromise" solution? a.k.a. Gag order/request by PCNA/PHAFF?

I for one hope this thread does not get deleted, so it may serve as useful reference info for others who may encounter simar situations in the future.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Great to hear, will you be keeping the car?
Old 02-23-2015, 03:03 PM
fivetwozero
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car belong to my friend, he has so many Porsche and don't have chance to drive that RS, that's why RMS is leaking.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:18 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Glad it worked out for you. Would love to know the outcome. This is kind of like watching a mystery movie and missing the very end....
Old 02-23-2015, 06:05 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by CTK
What is the different between an "x pipe" and the "bypass pipe" that sharkwerks and other vendors sell on this site and which many seems to be putting in their CS/GT3/GTS?

If the x- pipe is the same as a bypass pipe, then according to this thread, P-dealers and pcna will void Pcar warranties that have such aftermarket pipes and are risk of having engine issues such as RMD failure? Is this correct?
X-pipe and Bypass are one and the same.....

My 997 GT3 RMS leak was fixed under warranty while it had a Sharkwerks Bypass installed.

Quick Reply: Beware of Pfaff Porsche and Porsche Canada, CPO is worthless