Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:50 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Test Jet
You should consider RSS as well for suspension upgrades, at least compare and call them for any discount.
I have never dealt with RSS before. I will give them a call tomorrow. PM me if you have a good contact for me to speak with.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by iapgt3
I have never dealt with RSS before. I will give them a call tomorrow. PM me if you have a good contact for me to speak with.
great product... I have several installed on my GT3
Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,717 Posts

I would out him in every forum that he's posted on.

This action should not go unpunished.

Is this the guy?

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-25-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

Here is a good read for you that discusses RSS:

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...07-2008-a.html
Old 01-25-2015, 07:33 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Test Jet
Here is a good read for you that discusses RSS:

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...07-2008-a.html
Indeed a good read! Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:01 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

I spoke with the seller this afternoon and he has decided to not refund any money or make things right. He called and asked if I would work out payment plans on the refund. I told him I would think about it and get back to him. I got back to him today and gave him payment terms I would be ok with. He then tried to blast me for posting up about the car and ruining his and LTMW reputation. He says he knew nothing about the quality of work or any of the things I pointed out. He will not be refunding anything. I informed him that the only thing that ruined his reputation was the quality of work. It is unfortunate that someone can realize the wrong done, point the finger at someone else and not do anything or accept responsibility. At this point I have nothing more to say to Darren.

Oh and he did say that he will be chiming in on the thread. I'm not sure why, I guess to give explanations or defend himself. Oh well, I will have to start a new thread this week on the resurrection of the GT3. I am moving forward and have nothing more to say to the seller. Appreciate everyone chiming in with support and helpful advice. I look forward to being a long standing forum member.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:11 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=RAudi Driver;11985381]I would out him in every forum that he's posted on.

This action should not go unpunished.

I'm in. Especially after reading about his most recent interaction with the new owner. Karma is a bitch.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:37 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-27-2015 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:52 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

And here come the death threats
Old 01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

torture without death would be better.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:17 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lax01
And here come the death threats
You could just wreck his email: darrenyoo81@gmail.com
Old 01-25-2015, 10:18 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Disgusting man this Darren Yoo.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:20 PM
Steezynickel
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
torture without death would be better.
Dude seriously you need to just chill out and stay out of this you have a hard on to have someone killed this is the F'in internet.

I've been following this thread in the background and felt compelled to comment. OP how much are you asking in return? Looking at all of your post it seems as tho your intentions from the get go looked as if you didn't like the color in the first place and wanted to repaint. If you wanted a purpose built track car you would be upgrading suspension anyway because looking at the photos they look like H&R coilovers which would have been replaced because they would not suffice for track duty. It's a SHOW CAR and would have needed proper bracing, bushings, balancing and links which he did not have. IMO what is fair is he pay for the repair to the engine, links, wheel repair and coilover rebuild which seem to be the problem to have the car at least rolling. You can not hold the original owner to paying for paint or bodywork because you saw the vehicle in person and also had third party go over the vehicle which you believed was obviously good to the eye under 10 feet.

I know a lot of you on here don't want to hear what I have to say because a lot of you seem to have a strong opinion about the situation but in life there is 2 sides to every story and I'm sure he is only stating his side. Personally I hate these kinds of threads because things could have been worked out behind closed doors but when you threaten someone's repuation then they are on the defensive.

Try and work it out next time instead of posting on a public forum even tho I understand your point of letting people know for the future.

Last edited by Steezynickel; 01-25-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:47 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Steezynickel
Dude seriously you need to just chill out and stay out of this you have a hard on to have someone killed this is the F'in internet. I've been following this thread in the background and felt compelled to comment. OP how much are you asking in return? Looking at all of your post it seems as tho your intentions from the get go looked as if you didn't like the color in the first place and wanted to repaint. If you wanted a purpose built track car you would be upgrading suspension anyway because looking at the photos they look like H&R coilovers which would have been replaced because they would not suffice for track duty. It's a SHOW CAR and would have needed proper bracing, bushings, balancing and links which he did not have. IMO what is fair is he pay for the repair to the engine, links, wheel repair and coilover rebuild which seem to be the problem to have the car at least rolling. You can not hold the original owner to paying for paint or bodywork because you saw the vehicle in person and also had third party go over the vehicle which you believed was obviously good to the eye under 10 feet. I know a lot of you on here don't want to hear what I have to say because a lot of you seem to have a strong opinion about the situation but in life there is 2 sides to every story and I'm sure he is only stating his side. Personally I hate these kinds of threads because things could have been worked out behind closed doors but when you threaten someone's repuation then they are on the defensive. Try and work it out next time instead of posting on a public forum even tho I understand your point of letting people know for the future.
2nd post and a buddy of creaminzy. Cool deal.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:52 PM
M3toGT3
2nd Gear

Sorry to hear about this OP. Sounds like you are well on your way to correcting the issues and bringing the car back to life.

With regard to the Seller, the Shop, and the Seller's Company... I want you to know that this thread has already made it over to the BMW community. LTMW's work has been in question several times before and Creaminz has a long and detailed involvement with that shop via the BMW community. There are numerous stories that I have heard about shoddy workmanship and "half ***" work. This thread will go a long way to expose the kind of work they do and will potentially ruin the reputations of all 3 involved... We all know there are 2 sides to every story but the pictures speak for themselves. Certain items I can see being overlooked but simple things like half painted brake calipers is an absolute disgrace. We all know that suspension components fail and can be replaced for several hundred bucks, but its the attention to detail that will ruin their reputations forever.

Furthermore, for Creaminz' company to hack another company's kit and represent it as one of their own is borderline fraud. Its just goes to show the kind of ethics these companies/people are working with.

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner