Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:19 AM
Steezynickel
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
2nd post and a buddy of creaminzy. Cool deal.
And what makes you think I am friends with him because I'm not siding with the original poster? I'm as neutral as anyone in this thread I didn't just join today I just don't ever post on here and lurk. I'm just stating my opinion just like others have and trying to help with a proper solution not stir the pot even more. Nice try tho.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:52 AM
esc911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steezynickel
And what makes you think I am friends with him because I'm not siding with the original poster? I'm as neutral as anyone in this thread I didn't just join today I just don't ever post on here and lurk. I'm just stating my opinion just like others have and trying to help with a proper solution not stir the pot even more. Nice try tho.
That's pretty funny. Your very first post would say otherwise.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:04 AM
creaminz
Advanced

I didn't want to come on here to respond to this thread, thought it was pointless due to people already picking side. It's obvious what people choose to defend, which is fine, Paul made right choice by informing other fellow rennlist members. I respect that. However, I just want to explain, don't want to stir up the pot but I felt that this was necessary. I am not here to defend myself, or asking for forgiveness.

So this 997 GT3 that Paul bought, I found it right here on Rennlist. I thought it was a great deal, so I jumped right on it. After getting the car, we found out that windshield was replaced, front fender & bumper has been repainted. Also found this oil stain underneath the car.
Approximately 150 miles after picking up the car

Recent picture by Paul

Of course I brought this to seller's attention, he told me not sure what happened or why parts were repainted, he was getting the decklid and spoiler installed and that's how he got it back. Ok. No problem. I should have done PPI before I purchase the car. I knew I was going to repaint the car anyways, I didn't bother much arguing with him.

In the end, I bought the car without throughly inspecting the car, it is my responsibility at that point. I was more concerned by oil stain. After asking around I was told by Porsche tech that is not an oil leak. It was normal seepage. Something like that dealer won't even warranty it since it's normal sweat from the motor. I didn't see no oil on the floor where car was parked, I said Ok no problem then. Car drove fine.
If you compare my photo and Pauls, seepage has not grown in size and neither pictures show actual drips. Any engine savvy people are more than welcome to chime in. Because this is exact words that came out of porsche mechanic "As a owner of a mechanic shop, I wouldn't try to sell you on a crank re-seal on this." Good honest business man.

As far as blown shocks, or broken sway bar link...you guys can call me or LTMW whatever you want to call but IF I or the shop there was sign of wear on the shocks or there was something broken such as sway bar links, we would have fixed that. It had H&R coilovers I could have gotten some ST coilovers for $1000. My intention wasn't to build a track monster so any coilover replacement had been good but why fix it when it's not broken? Okay let's say I messed up those parts, I told Paul " I honestly didn't know. Send me the invoice and I will pay for it." But he said he already ordered replacement parts (JRZ) and it's waste of time going back & fourth with invoices. I offered to pay for blown shocks and end links. I sold a USED car As IT IS. And here I was willing to pay for blown shocks and bent/broken links. He comes back and tells me that the car is only worth $100,000. FYI, I sold the car for $120,000 including transport ($2500 enclosed trailer). He said to make it fair, just refund him back $10,000. So I called him to ask if it is okay if I do payments? And asked for his paypal. He said he will discuss with partner and let me know next day? Ok understandable, as a collector who likes payments. So next day comes he text me, he doesn't want me to send money whenever I want, again I told him it won't take long, year or two maybe it won't even take that long. Him and his partner wants $5000 immediately, $1000 each month for the next 10 month. Okay...what? so now it's $15000? I thought that was heavy interest for 10 month. That's when I got little offended, not only he bought the car as it is, and before purchasing the car Paul mentioned him and his partner is putting $20,000 worth of appearance and another $20,000 in motor work. So in my head thinking these guys are so awesome, has their own shop, has big plan for the car, thought this was the perfect buyer. I knew he was going to repaint the car, I knew he was at SEMA saw the car in person, I knew he was going to rebuild the motor, I really thought he was the PERFECT buyer and I still believe he is the perfect buyer for the car since even though he is frustrated with the situation but his passion/plan to make this car better is incredible. He even mentioned about taking this car to SEMA this year, as a seller can't ask for better buyer than this.

Here is another recent car buying experience on 993 C2. Again I skipped the PPI part, didn't even bother flying out to inspect the car. I was told the car is in excellent condition, never been in an accident, drives perfect ect. So I went ahead and sent the payment over. After a week later I receive the car, first thing I noticed was sunroof moulding busted up, I say to myself maybe since car is almost 20 years old. Throughly going through the car, I found out that the whole car has been repainted. Modified exhaust, aftermarket coilover that has blown shocks, fake Porsche wheels, luckily when I popped the trunk, engine looked immaculate...so it seemed. I dropped off the car to get some motor work done and what do you know, drivers side cylinders are leaking or studs...

I took the motor out to reseal and now it's going to be fully rebuild, more money out of my pocket. Was I suppose to go after those two guys who sold me the 997 GT3 and 993 C2? That's when I told my buddies, never buying the car out of state or without going through it with experts. Lessen learned, hard way. But again I can only blame myself for not taking the extra steps. And that's when Paul contacted me about his concerns, I wish he would have flown out to check out the car throughly himself, I wouldn't have any problem with that. If he doesn't like it then it is what it is, I can't force anybody to buy my car. Again, nothing I can do at this point on 993 but to suck it up and fix all the issues it came with it. Again, anyone who buying used car especially highly modified cars, if you like it please take your time to go check out the car, test drive it, put it on the lift, don't take the shortcut. I am sure this is reason why Paul created this thread to warn people, yes I get death threats, wants to pull my nails off my fingers, in the end this is a lesson for all.

Last edited by creaminz; 01-26-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:55 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 01-26-2015, 11:09 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Are you stupid, or do you think we are stupid? I have a feeling you really believe your own bull****. How can you compare your lack of judgement and due diligence on the car you just bought with the one you sold? Man up and take accountability for your actions.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:25 AM
M3toGT3
2nd Gear

I think it's fine for creaminz to come on here and give his side. But in his entire post he hardly references the quality of the build of his "show cars" and LTMWs workmanship. We now know that this guy just throws hacked up parts on a car, goes purely for form and zero function and engineering, and tries to pass pigs off as show cars. His reputation and LTMWs will be ruined in car community. And the next time somebody sees a sema build from either of these hacks we will know how the work was done.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

I do think that it is fair for Creaminz to post his side of the story. I know that there are always two sides and it isn't fair to project just one. I would like to go ahead and clear up a few things.

First- I did not ask for any interest on the $10,000 that he had asked to make payments on. I said $5,000 now and pay $1,000 every other month for the next 10 months. That is exactly $10,000. And I am sorry but who finances to people they don't know anyway???? I thought this was a kind gesture. I guess I was completely wrong. It wasn't until the thread started that I got a message asking what he could do to make it right. Here is the text about payments.

Second- I don't think that the amount of money we had decided to put into the car after purchasing makes a difference on the things I pointed out. I will not hide the fact that we were and are going to put money into the car. It's pretty much what I do with all my personal and shop cars. Yes I knew that I did not like the color and was going to repaint the car. However, I did not know I was going to have to remove several suspension components that had over spray on them and clean them up or replace them. I did not know that the entire kit was not Carbon Fiber and actually a Flobmann CF kit that was added onto. So yes most of the kit is carbon with fiber glass add on. What this created by me not knowing is a ton of body work to have this kit proper. I am one of those guys that doesn't just care about what the fender looks like on the outside, it has to look nice on the inside of the fender also. You can see those areas when you drive the car and turn the wheel or park. So it matters to me. A nice car has to reflect the same quality throughout the entire car in my book. So yes originally I had factored in for a repaint, but not the additional body work that cost almost as much as the paint work. I did not have planned to change the coilovers. I was going to leave them in place. But after seeing two shocks blown and a third one that (rear) that only had one bolt on it and it is stripped so I will have to cut it off, I decided to upgrade the coilovers. I wasn't going to change them but if I have to I always try to improve.
These things are just to see where I am coming from. Was I going to dump money in the car, yes you are correct. But the areas I addressed where not the areas. Not that it matters but here are the areas I planned to spend on the appearances:
New paint for exterior and roll bar
Powder coat wheels
Carbon fiber hood
Restitching all of the interior and the seats or buying new seats
The side, front, rear, air splitters and wing along with uprights being made out of real carbon fiber.
That stuff right there was on my list and they aren't exactly cheap I know but hey we wanted to do it. Then work on the engine.

Third- I know that this oil leak is called "seepage". I have a shop so I am well aware. However, I am extremely **** when it comes to my cars so I fix things like this. And yes, I am going to fix this one. I'm not sure what Porsche technician you spoke with that say people don't fix these. I do engine out service on Ferrari 348's, 355's, Maserati's all the time at my shop for oil seepage. And it's not something I push on customer, I just provide photographs for everything we find on their vehicle and let them make the decision. Do some of the customers chose to wait another year till it gets a little worse, yes they do. My point was that I didn't know about it. You tell me you didn't know about the oil but now you post a pic from when you first bought the car and saw it. My issue was that you didn't tell me. You seem a little upset that the owner you bought both your Porsche's from did not tell you about the oil but its ok to not tell me. I really don't understand that.

I still don't really understand why he asked for me to do a payment plan (so he agrees to paying $10,000) and then got upset when I let him know terms He could of just said no at that point. Anyway....

I really didn't want to get into an argument with the seller and hoped we could work something out that was fair for both of us. It never accomplishes anything just to continue to go back and forth. He did not want to so I am going to stick to my plan and make this thing right.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,947 Likes on 1,744 Posts

Get the word out guys. Nobody should have to face this dilemma again. I hate these types of dishonest folks.

The seller misrepresented the car in every way shape and form. He posted up a build thread stating $6,000 paint jobs and top quality work to bait this community.

It's funny how Darren can collect 110k and then can't afford to pay it back. Tells me that he's playing with someone else's money.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Its_Lobelt
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I posted this on M3 Post which I am a member of and they are not too happy with the quality of LTMW's work either.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:44 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Get the word out guys. Nobody should have to face this dilemma again. I hate these types of dishonest folks.

The seller misrepresented the car in every way shape and form. He posted up a build thread stating $6,000 paint jobs and top quality work to bait this community.

It's funny how Darren can collect 110k and then can't afford to pay it back. Tells me that he's playing with someone else's money.
Don't forget his charitable side. Wanting to "donate some profits," to a good cause.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:31 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

I would out him in every forum that he's posted on.

This action should not go unpunished.

Is this the guy?
Reminds me of another trustworthy fellow...
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2015, 04:22 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Name:  SmGEx8M.gif
Views: 35
Size:  3.75 MB

This thread is amazing
Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Lapkritis
Instructor

Just read it all.

This is the perfect storm when a "buyer beware attitude seller" meets "trusting buyer."

Buyer pays tuition in cash for his lesson, and seller pays tuition in loss of reputation. I've been around the car world long enough to know when I must insist on pre-inspection no matter if I'm selling or buying... both bear responsibility on this point.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:10 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Ok, like a reality show on RL! Guess both sides have made their point. I wish OP good luck with his car and it seems like it ended up in a good home!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM
FUSCUCLA1
2nd Gear

I'm local to these guys, know one of the guys (white RS4) in that stupid video, and can definitely make sure this becomes front page news in the community. I've got a BMW and an Audi so I've got those bases covered.

F this dude and that shop. I'd like to see them never garner another sale for as long as they live. It's equivalent to the seller stealing someone's cash in my book. In some countries, they would chop off the hands. Sounds like a good solution.
The white RS4 is not related to LTMW or that crew. IDK what video youre talking about but their caravan to So Cal Euro merged with ours at some point on the highway, Im assuming it has to be from that day.

In no way are we affiliated with any of those people or that shop. Be careful what you say when you dont have facts. Making threats about making sure "this becomes front page news in the community" is REALLY dangerous when you really dont know what youre talking about. You might want to edit some of your posts now.

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner