Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Unfortunately I'm not surprised that the work was done poorly...
+1 I almost threw up in my mouth when I saw that car for sale. It's almost like the op rescued a poor abused puppy and will fix it up like it deserves and give it a good home. I hope he got a huge discount.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Where are you located in NVA?
Located in Sterling VA. Very close to the Chic-Fila that has the meet every Friday night.

Originally Posted by kchu221
that is ****ed up in many ways... ive dealt with the same seller before but with parts instead of cars but didn't have any issues..
Im glad you got all of your parts as described! I am still waiting on several of the parts that where supposed to come with the car. They where supposed to be shipped 2-3 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by moacur
That's so messed up and he flaunts himself as some super car builder. Check him out on IG by the same screen name. Bragging about how many cars he "produced" last year. He's on to having a RWB built now.

With that said. Best of luck with the rebuild and I look forward to following along with the updates
Yeah his Instagram looks pretty nice and he builds several cars a year. With this quality I can only imagine what the others look like. I feel bad for the 993.

Originally Posted by docdan
Congrats on buying a bad-*** looking car. Ignore the folks on here who don't like the styling, we have a large purist contingent here. That said, it looks like you are the perfect buyer for this car as you can fix all of the minor problems yourself, all the while upgrading it. I look forward to seeing your re-build.

Dan
Thanks Dan! I am looking at the only positive right now that I will be able to get this car back to the level it deserves. I know some Porsche purist may not like it and I get where they are coming from. I am going to do my best to make it a car everyone can appreciate.

Originally Posted by ilko
What a bummer. I guess that's the definition of a "show" car. I just hope you paid pennies on the dollar for it because it didn't seem worth even half of what the previous owner was asking for it...

Best of luck with the rebuild, hopefully you'll make a great lemonade out of this lemon.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by K964
Ouch. Really sorry that this is your first experience into GT3 ownership. The old adage of "buy the seller, not the car" holds true. His reply back to you when you voiced your concerns was very disappointing. Probably won't hear from him on this forum again as he is most likely off to mod another Honda, or desecrate another high end exotic.

Good luck in restoring the car to your liking and standards. They are amazingly wonderful cars right out of the box and even more so when set up to your wants/needs. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mike
Thanks Mike! I will start a new build thread once all the parts come in.

Originally Posted by 997s07
You mean the seller didn't give his profits to charity? He promised.

Good luck with the post purchase work. If it's worth it, you can always go to court for misrepresentation. I've done that, and I included the PPI shop in the same suit.
LOL! I wasn't aware of any proceeds going to charity. Maybe they did, I can't vouch for that.

Originally Posted by ngng
When you get the chance, would you mind posting pics of the shoddy work?
I will post up some of them. I took a lot so I will just pic a few to throw up.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:11 AM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Default Some Pics.....

Here are a few pics of the car. I have more but these give you the idea.

"Custom" BBS wheels......

Instead of having the wheels built proper they just redrilled and changed some barrels up. On the rear wheels they have the huge outer lip that comes out for the widebody. But on the inside the barrel is the size of a normal outer barrel and barely comes flush with the rotor. There was about 6 more inches they could of come inside. Not that I am saying they had to come in all the way.

When I first drove the car the steering wheel was shaking like crazy and whenever hitting a bump in the road it was a lane changer. Maybe that is due to the custom BBS wheels or perhaps due to the shock being blown and puking fluid... or perhaps the sway bar end link that is sheared off or the passenger side sway bar end link that is bent.....

The seller said, "the car was fine when I drove it all over, it rode like stock". I'm sorry but a John Deere tractor rode smoother than this did when I received it.

The calipers where painted and looked like they matched the car in the pics and at the shows..... This demonstrates great quality from a car builder... Um no!

The car had no issue is what I was told...

Paint quality is on par for a Macco job....

The widebody kit was supposed to be a Vollkommen Design CF widebody kit. I found out that Creaminz is the owner of Volkommen. I also found out that he bought the kit from Flobmann Auto Design in Germany. The kit was carbon fiber. They cut the cut and extended it several inches. So its carbon where they did not touch it. They hacked the kit up. You can see where they hacked it up.

Just not a safe or quality build at all. It is honestly very sad and costing us way more money than planned. I will make sure the car is done right. In the mean time he will be building a 993 RWB. I have plenty other pics but you get the idea.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:14 AM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Video didnt load. Will put in Youtube.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 197 Posts

If that is indeed the work of the previous owner I would not even touch the car and take his *** to court.

I can only imagine the drivetrain if this is how they treated the exterior...
Old 01-23-2015, 11:27 AM
sting7777
Advanced

this is why PPI

smh
Old 01-23-2015, 11:30 AM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Ugh.. that's terrible. Really disappointed to see that quality. Especially since the seller and shop that built it painted such a different picture. Good luck getting everything straightened out.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a mess and sorry to hear about it. I can't imagine what the cost would be to fix this thing if somebody that didn't own a shop had bought it. Glad to hear you're going to get her back in shape.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel sorry for your troubles..
Old 01-23-2015, 11:52 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The seller advertised with the wrong crowd. This will hopefully alert future buyers.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:03 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

The previous owner was probably his company. I would set out and try and sue or atleast set up a website exposing the company .
Old 01-23-2015, 12:04 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997s07
The seller advertised with the wrong crowd. This will hopefully alert future buyers.
Agreed! Thats honestly only reason I posted. So that when he goes to sell the 993 people know what kind of quality they are receiving.

Originally Posted by Mlbraptor
I feel sorry for your troubles..
Thank you for the kindness.

Originally Posted by Cbwell
What a mess and sorry to hear about it. I can't imagine what the cost would be to fix this thing if somebody that didn't own a shop had bought it. Glad to hear you're going to get her back in shape.
If I didn't own a shop this kind of repair would be insane. I get a decent deal on parts and some of my amazing vendors have offered sponsorship for the build since they know it will be quality and active car in the local community.

Originally Posted by ilko
If that is indeed the work of the previous owner I would not even touch the car and take his *** to court.

I can only imagine the drivetrain if this is how they treated the exterior...
The only positive is that they did not touch the drivetrain. So at least the heart was left alone.

Oh I forgot to mention that the owner of the car owned the car 6 months. He put almost 6,000 miles on the car and never even titled the car. That was another cluster getting the title transferred. Luckily we explained everything to DMV and provided enough documentation that it was all clear. The previous owner never titled it to avoid paying taxes on it I assume. That made me mad. If I have to pay taxes on the car then why shouldnt you. Rant over lol
Old 01-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Its_Lobelt
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

This is just insane. I've been telling my friends who drool over these cars "built" by LTMW are nothing but shoddy show cars that will fall apart in no time. I almost feel compelled to post this thread on the BMW forum. This is so sad that they did that to a beautiful (formerly yellow) 997.1 GT3. These guys hack these cars up and fool most people by instagram posts that make it appear as though they do great work.

Hope you sort this out and keep us in the loop. I would love to see this thing made right.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,545 Likes on 2,310 Posts

I dont know who would buy something that has been so royally F**KED over anyway ... if you want a GT3 buy a GT3 and not a cheap tart working the docks on a Saturday night when the fleet comes home!

The car is basically unrecognizable as a GT3 ... if you wanted a race car, buy one, but if you wanted a donor, I think you got one... I'm not at all surprised at the shoddy work, if all it was meant to do was
sit on a stand at custom car shows all you need to do is get the lipstick onto the pig.

It sounds like you are in the business, what went wrong with your PPI?

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the RL community
Old 01-23-2015, 12:51 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't get it...did you not have a PPI done?

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner