Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015 | 09:40 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JuanCarpantier
Especially one that was such a hack job.
car or seller?
Old 02-04-2015 | 01:52 PM
BBSlover
7th Gear

Looks like someone is trying to help LTMW sell their show cars on ebay. I wonder what kind of work is involved with those cars since they were built for SEMA also.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/minlenium/m...._sop=12&_rdc=1
Old 02-04-2015 | 02:15 PM
kchu221
Banned

Originally Posted by BBSlover
Looks like someone is trying to help LTMW sell their show cars on ebay. I wonder what kind of work is involved with those cars since they were built for SEMA also.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/minlenium/m...._sop=12&_rdc=1
got damn... those prices are outrageous... I believe that blue 335i was/is Darren's car also.
Old 02-05-2015 | 11:45 AM
Kevpang
Track Day

Iapgt3, I like to ask you some questions can you pm me. I can't message you because I just join in.
Old 02-07-2015 | 06:56 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevpang
Iapgt3, I like to ask you some questions can you pm me. I can't message you because I just join in.
Sending you a PM now.
Old 02-09-2015 | 12:01 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to add my 2 cents... I lurk here... own a McLaren 12C, Audi RS4, and 2 NSXs. I know the situation pretty well... I won't comment much and I'm actually on iap's side... but I think that LTMW shouldn't be dragged into this. They weren't responsible.

Last edited by neoprufrok; 02-09-2015 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Some innccurate info
Old 02-09-2015 | 12:35 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Ban seller

Seller should be banned for life.... The end.
Old 02-09-2015 | 07:55 PM
sparkyvw
Rennlist Member

Wow this sucks.

Feel for the buyer I had to deal with a similar situation at the end of last year. As i found out the invoice I got for a full engine re build on my 964 that bought at the start of the year were fake and the car wasnt as the seller said. The work they did do was just so so wrong. Lucky for me the seller sold it from his dealership so I had some come back. After fighting over a month I got some money back not everything I wanted but a very good chunk without going to court and dealing with that stress.

Hopefully the buyer and seller can come to some sort of agreement.
Old 02-11-2015 | 08:08 AM
Kevpang
Track Day

Originally Posted by iapgt3
Sending you a PM now.
sent you a email instead.

kevin
Old 02-11-2015 | 11:23 AM
BBSlover
7th Gear

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Just wanted to add my 2 cents... I lurk here... own a McLaren 12C, Audi RS4, and 2 NSXs. I know the situation pretty well... I won't comment much and I'm actually on iap's side... but I think that LTMW shouldn't be dragged into this. They weren't responsible.
I agree, LTMW wasn't involved with the transaction so it's unfortunate their name is pulled into this.

On the otherhand, their work is still involved with the transaction. Being privy to the whole story offline doesn't change the story of facts seen in photos unfortunately.

I understand cars are rushed for SEMA, but seriously how is this kind of workmanship be considered SEMA quality? I thought the best of the best is expected there. I've also seen their red replica WTCC wide body at Bimmerfest, and the paint and body was poor quality as well. If I owned a shop, I would be embarrassed to let that work leave for SEMA, and worse, even after SEMA do nothing to fix it because obviously someone is going to see the shortcuts made. It all boils down to standards and pride in your workmanship. If this was work done for supposedly his friend, and top customer's car, what will you expect if you're just a random Joe Schmoe? Criticism is meant to push for improvement, and hopefully that will be the result here, but till then, caveat emptor.
Old 02-11-2015 | 01:06 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Really? How is it "unfortunate" that the shop that built the car was dragged into this? They put their signature on the work, didn't they? No reputable place would let a car leave their premises in that shape. So yeah, they need to be dragged into this because in the end it's their work.

I'm tired of seeing how people don't take responsibility for their actions. How difficult is it to say, yeah I messed up, let's see how we can fix this problem. Instead everybody points fingers and passes the buck. Lame.
Old 02-12-2015 | 01:59 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

^^^QFT

The seller and shop should go up in flames.
Old 02-12-2015 | 09:33 PM
Lapkritis
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilko
Really? How is it "unfortunate" that the shop that built the car was dragged into this? They put their signature on the work, didn't they? No reputable place would let a car leave their premises in that shape. So yeah, they need to be dragged into this because in the end it's their work.

I'm tired of seeing how people don't take responsibility for their actions. How difficult is it to say, yeah I messed up, let's see how we can fix this problem. Instead everybody points fingers and passes the buck. Lame.
Agreed... unless the car left the shop and was then beaten like a dog. The shop doesn't represent a state of disrepair necessarily unless they signed off on a clean bill of health as part of the PPI prior to shipment. People can get rough on things that are leaving their ownership. One more hotlap, one more burnout, one more night of street racing... you would be surprised.

The bodywork and fabrication is open for dispute of representation.
Old 02-16-2015 | 08:42 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Update: Full RSS suspension was delivered on Friday. JRZ coilovers shipped and should be here this week.

I have not hear from Darren (seller) at all. It appears he is exactly what it seemed like. Originally said he would pay a very small portion back and asked for payments because he didn't have the money to pay. Just another dishonest statement from him. Hopefully no one has to deal with him. Glad we are getting the opportunity to give this GT3 another life. Not that it was the best situation, just looking to the positive.

The owner of LTMW actually reached out to me. He said that the thread I started had already started to affect his business. I felt bad because as a shop owner I know that you never want anything to affect your business in a negative way. He said that he wanted to make it right himself even if Darren wouldn't man up and do the right thing. He wanted to help out and send parts etc. I told him that it wasn't his responsibility to do so but that I would greatly appreciate it. He said he was going to talk to Darren and get back to me. A few days went by and I did not hear anything. He still hasn't responded to this day. I was told through a few of my west coast friends/customers that Darren told the owner of LTMW to not get involved or help me. I think this shows even more about Darren. Honestly it makes me more sad that people operate like this today, than it does make me pissed to get taken advantage of. But in the end I believe that you reap what you sow. If you are dishonest and take advantage of you it will catch up some day.

I also heard that someone also bought a Vollkommen Porsche kit. I hope things work out for him. Better to just buy the Flobmann kit. Most likely it will be a butchered kit. I can't believe that someone would buy another company kit and relabel for themselves lol. That ticks me off and makes me laugh at the same time. But in the end Vollkommen is just a one man (Darren) shop that works out of a small portion of the LTMW space.

New thread will be coming up this week. The carbon fiber parts that are being made for the car have already started. In 2 weeks we will start the tear down of the car and get it over to our body guy. DPE has started on the wheels a few weeks ago. We took a lot of measurements and went back and forth with the offsets, sizes, etc. I am really excited to show them off when they are finished.
Old 02-24-2015 | 12:17 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Epic thread - just read it all
Op will resurrect this car with his good attitude
It will be a Phoenix rising from the ashes

Rss bits and jrz are a step in the right direction

And op has the complete right to give his friend, the inspector, **** for the rest of his life
At the very least said friend is on the hook for all food and drink bills for life when you are together :-)

Good luck!

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner