Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:12 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
Hey guys, i have no affiliation with the OP, but I felt compelled to help him out. It's truly f'ckd up with what Darren did buy selling a GT3 that he knew was build poorly, so I've set up a GoFundMe page to help with the costs of this restoration. All proceeds will obviously go to OP and I just want to help out in some way. I just recently joined as I've been lurking the tracking area since I recently put a MXG in my car for data acquisitions. Anyways, I just wanted to help.

www.gofundme.com/krmixc
You can't be serious...

While it's a nice gesture, in the end, buyer beware...
Old 01-24-2015, 01:18 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Ok, I saw this train wreck a mile away and didnt want to say anything in seller's listing however i kinda now think i should have...

I must admit I am a sucker for FACTORY widebody GT3 race cars which made this car interesting to look at from a distance and I actually liked the paint color scheme (as poorly as it was sprayed), however I am not a color change fan. Maybe if you start with bare tub, but not like this car was sprayed as you can clearly see by the traces of yellow left on the tub...

Basically the kit on this car is overkill. More "tuner-esc" vs. function. it is a street sceene thing which is best left to the "tuner" car crowd and not pedigree marques such as Porsche or even Ferrari for that matter.
I just do not understand why people sacrifice ride and driveability for "style" especially in such a purpose built car.
No science was used in the build what so ever. It was simply a mop and glow. Something you would expect to see of a theft recovered car built in a backyard by a budget amateur. Folks who have no business trying to better what the engineers in germany have created.

These "street tuners" waste so much time and effort only to kill the resale of the car as the former owner learned when trying to resell this car. Again, it is an expensive hobby to muck about with high caliber cars like they are honda civics only to hack them up.

Personally, I would take this car and haul off the body kit and wheels.
I would then contact KA motorsports for a GT3R bodykit and try to find some used BBS RSR centerlocks.
I would then throw the GMG suspension catalog at the car and keep the GMG roll cage. Full interior for comfort however. Keep it streetable.
I would sell the recaros pole positions to the 964-993 crowd and look for CGT or GT2 buckets.

I would also spray the car in the original yellow that it was born with. Once it is back to yellow, you can always wrap it to something else.

The end result would be a proper Yellow GT3 with GT3R body, wheels, cage and a track ready suspension.
This would be a custom not many would dare to do to their clean GT3 but since it is already this far gone, might aswell finish it with some flair and make it special like it truely deserves.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:31 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

it's cheaper better just buy a RSR and be done with it
life is too short.
I have no patience for this type of ****
tuners is just that tumers
I have not seen a tuner who makes cars better than oem. and that inclined some RRALLY REALLY REALLY big name tuners...

OEM is the only way to go
u build enought cars u know.
when I dpfeel like throwing miney out the door, I build my own cars.
always cost more
always not as good as oem, but it's faster at emptying my account.

that said, this is a disaster!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:46 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
Hey guys, i have no affiliation with the OP, but I felt compelled to help him out. It's truly f'ckd up with what Darren did buy selling a GT3 that he knew was build poorly, so I've set up a GoFundMe page to help with the costs of this restoration. All proceeds will obviously go to OP and I just want to help out in some way. I just recently joined as I've been lurking the tracking area since I recently put a MXG in my car for data acquisitions. Anyways, I just wanted to help.

www.gofundme.com/krmixc
This was a kind gesture, however I did not ask for this. And in no way suggested this to anyone. It is a crappy situation and I will be making it right.

The seller has reached out to me after being notified about this thread. I told him what he needs to do to make this right with me. The ball is in his court at this point. I am making the car right weather he does what he should or not.

The seller did text me that some people where sending him death threats. I think that's over board. I firmly believe that what he did was wrong, but death threats is not called for. I do not wish that upon anyone. I have been extremely nice and patient. Just want him to do what he knows he should.

On another note, the JRZ RS Pro coilovers are on their way. Need to order the rest of the suspension parts this weekend.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

I have a good relationship with DPE Wheels. They are making a custom set of wheels for the car. They hoped right on board. Great guys to deal with.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:30 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iapgt3
This was a kind gesture, however I did not ask for this. And in no way suggested this to anyone. It is a crappy situation and I will be making it right.

The seller has reached out to me after being notified about this thread. I told him what he needs to do to make this right with me. The ball is in his court at this point. I am making the car right weather he does what he should or not.

The seller did text me that some people where sending him death threats. I think that's over board. I firmly believe that what he did was wrong, but death threats is not called for. I do not wish that upon anyone. I have been extremely nice and patient. Just want him to do what he knows he should.

On another note, the JRZ RS Pro coilovers are on their way. Need to order the rest of the suspension parts this weekend.
Death threats? I doubt it, just like he wanted to send some of his profits to a good cause.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:54 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

death threats

Some people just can't man up and admit they screwed up and make the situation right. The seller is clearly oblivious to reality.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

I prefer cruel sndunusual punishment
water owing
pull finger nails out
breaking finger joint by joint
I live in horse country. tie six horses to extremities and whip the horses....
damn I'm good at this...
put on u tube?
I needa shrink.....
Old 01-24-2015, 08:13 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

His reputation is down the drain at this point. I'm sure he'll continue to build his collection, but hope he steps up and does what's right.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Racelinegt3
1st Gear

Hi everyone. I myself had recently purchased a 997.1 gt3 but had made the time to take a few days off work to personally travel and look over the car myself. OP, I'm sorry that you are dissatisfied of your purchase but I'm sure a modified car like that was sold as is. You can't blame other people for your shortcomings.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:26 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Racelinegt3
Hi everyone. I myself had recently purchased a 997.1 gt3 but had made the time to take a few days off work to personally travel and look over the car myself. OP, I'm sorry that you are dissatisfied of your purchase but I'm sure a modified car like that was sold as is. You can't blame other people for your shortcomings.
OP isn't blaming anyone.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Westopher
Intermediate

I like your attitude OP. Just rolling with the punches and not crying over spilled milk. I wish I could face something as frustrating as this with the same positivity. Good luck with the car, and I look forward to seeing your work on it.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:50 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the input fellas! I am definitely not trying to blame others for my shortcomings. I stated that I did not have a PPI done and took the word of a good friend of mine. That is my fault and I take that responsibility. My friend has been extremely apologetic and feels like its his fault. It ultimately is mine. All I was doing in the thread was pointing out the quality of the car build (or lack of quality) and the list of items that I asked about and was given responses that where obviously not accurate. When I started this thread it was just to protect others that might consider purchasing a vehicle from the seller. I did not think I would get any money back. I just wanted to look out for others in the automotive enthusiast community. It wasn't until after I made the thread that the seller reached out to me and asked what he could do to make this right. I gave him the terms of what would make it right for me. The ball is in his court for this. If I do get compensated for all of the damage, faulty items, subpar quality of work I will feel extremely blessed as most have almost no recourse or have to go through courts and fight it out.

I will be calling Fabryce at GMG tomorrow to order all of the remaining suspension parts. He said they are all in stock so hopefully wont have to wait too long for those.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:17 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

You should consider RSS as well for suspension upgrades, at least compare and call them for any discount.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it's cheaper better just buy a RSR and be done with it
life is too short.
+1

I have no patience for this type of ****
tuners is just that tumers
I have not seen a tuner who makes cars better than oem. and that inclined some RRALLY REALLY REALLY big name tuners...
+1

OEM is the only way to go
u build enought cars u know.
when I dpfeel like throwing miney out the door, I build my own cars.
always cost more
always not as good as oem, but it's faster at emptying my account.

that said, this is a disaster!
+1

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner