Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.1 GT3 HPDE Prep/Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm getting mine pinned before my first DE.

Looking for seats right now. Thinking about Status Ring FIA, I'm pretty skinny so I should fit plus they are pretty affordable. Is there a simulator to turn off the airbag light and seat belt light with a race seat or can it be done in PIWIS?

Also looking for a set of wheels, thinking used CCW or OZ's or something else.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:57 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower

Looking for seats right now. Thinking about Status Ring FIA, I'm pretty skinny so I should fit plus they are pretty affordable. Is there a simulator to turn off the airbag light and seat belt light with a race seat or can it be done in PIWIS?

what car do you have, nb, wb? 5 lug, cl?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PIWIS can do it but some dealers are skittish.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:40 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by ngng
what car do you have, nb, wb? 5 lug, cl?
.1 NB 5 lug.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:51 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Got everything except seats/mounts for seats. Still looking.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 PM
r6elmo
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got everything except seats/mounts for seats. Still looking.
in my 7.1 I have cobra suzuka seat with the planted offset side mounts with planted adapter bracket. i tried this with the Recaro sliders and it sat too tall for me. the offset side mounts allows for lower than standard side mounts.

i'm sure others can chime in, but i'm not sure how many aftermarket solutions there are that allow you to use the sliders + sit low.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by r6elmo
in my 7.1 I have cobra suzuka seat with the planted offset side mounts with planted adapter bracket. i tried this with the Recaro sliders and it sat too tall for me. the offset side mounts allows for lower than standard side mounts.

i'm sure others can chime in, but i'm not sure how many aftermarket solutions there are that allow you to use the sliders + sit low.
How tall are you? Do you have a long torso?

With the Planted setup is the seat fixed? I'm about 6' and my wife is 5'3" and she likes to drive the car sometimes so I'm trying to find something that will work.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:13 PM
r6elmo
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How tall are you? Do you have a long torso?

With the Planted setup is the seat fixed? I'm about 6' and my wife is 5'3" and she likes to drive the car sometimes so I'm trying to find something that will work.
yes with my setup not running rails it's fixed. Rails added at least 1" to the seat height, I couldn't compromise with that.

you have a huge delta between your wife and your height. I'm short as heck. 5'6" on a good day but longer torso. I've had people that are about 5'9" sit in my seat and they are fine in it. the suzuka allows me to change cushions if needed.

the best setup for you may be the GT3-6 seats
Old 03-03-2015, 04:35 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

yes with my setup not running rails it's fixed. Rails added at least 1" to the seat height, I couldn't compromise with that.

you have a huge delta between your wife and your height. I'm short as heck. 5'6" on a good day but longer torso. I've had people that are about 5'9" sit in my seat and they are fine in it. the suzuka allows me to change cushions if needed.

the best setup for you may be the GT3-6 seats
Yeah I don't love how they look but like that they can bolt right in. What is the average price for a set with rails ready to bolt in?
Old 03-05-2015, 12:50 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

If you are new to track stuff .All you need to do is racing pads and racing brake fluid.Really this is all you need for your 1st season You have to go slow to learn how to go fast.Read up ,educate yourself on a very complex sport.At the novice level you can not out drive a stock car.Just go out and have fun. This way you can really decide if this sport is for you or not with little invested.

Last edited by roketman; 03-05-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roketman
If you are new to track stuff .All you need to do is racing pads and racing bake fluid.Really this is all you need for your 1st season
You have to go slow to learn how to go fast.Read up ,educate yourself in a very complex sport.At the novice level you can not out drive a stock car.Just go out and have fun.
This way you can really decide if this sport is for you or not with little invested.
Agreed. Exactly what I did when I started out doing it. Good tires, good brakes (including fresh fluid).
Old 03-05-2015, 03:43 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Your best investment is in you learning. You in time will make the car fast . The car modded will not make you fast. The real fun is the learning process. Big secret here .It never stops!.You become a student of the sport!it has been my passion since 1988 And I love every minute of it today as much as I did 20 years ago
It's just like any other sport ,practice and good coaches/teachers are the game changers
Go read all of Ross Bentleys books!
That is truly a great place to start pre track season! Also if your not , get In good physical shape!
Just my 02 of course
Old 03-06-2015, 04:56 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

I'm an instructor level driver, just new to the GT3 and trying to get it set up for track use (safety, durability, cost efficiency)
Old 03-06-2015, 08:52 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

I'm an instructor level driver, just new to the GT3 and trying to get it set up for track use (safety, durability, cost efficiency)
Okay than forget my last to posts!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:39 AM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

yes with my setup not running rails it's fixed. Rails added at least 1" to the seat height, I couldn't compromise with that. you have a huge delta between your wife and your height. I'm short as heck. 5'6" on a good day but longer torso. I've had people that are about 5'9" sit in my seat and they are fine in it. the suzuka allows me to change cushions if needed. the best setup for you may be the GT3-6 seats
Did the same with 6-3 seats- they also allow for more leg room than stock 7.1 seats so I even keep them in during "off" season.

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT3 HPDE Prep/Mods