Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.1 w/Sharkwerks bypass/tips and EVOMsit + Carnewal...wowza.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 06:38 PM
BeakerGT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 w/Sharkwerks bypass/tips and EVOMsit + Carnewal...wowza.

When Sharkwerks flashed my Cayman's ECU with the EVOMSit and added the Tubi exhaust, it was like a different car. Crisp, responsive and smooth through the power range. It was great (with a lot of drone, however.)

Today I picked up my GT3 and when Dan started it, my mouth dropped.

Driving it was even sweeter. The sounds that are coming out of this car are now otherworldly AND at a touch of a button, I can wrestle the genie back in the bottle and go back to stealth mode in less than a second. There is no drone, just freaking awesomeness. If I want to take the wife/kids somewhere, I engage Peter Pan mode

The tune and sound from this combo are exquisite. If you think your GT3 is a fun, responsive and exciting car to drive stock, you've GOT to take a ride in one with even this minimalist set of options. This is the way the car should sound and respond.
I can't imagine driving this car without the "big button" engaged and sport mode on.

Wow, SO worth the money.

Next up, suspension (Bilstein Clubs + RSS upgrade) and clutch/flywheel (+water hose pinning)

Thanks, A&D. SO lucky to live so close...

/Hoff
Old 09-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by BeakerGT3
When Sharkwerks flashed my Cayman's ECU with the EVOMSit and added the Tubi exhaust, it was like a different car. Crisp, responsive and smooth through the power range. It was great (with a lot of drone, however.)

Today I picked up my GT3 and when Dan started it, my mouth dropped.

Driving it was even sweeter. The sounds that are coming out of this car are now otherworldly AND at a touch of a button, I can wrestle the genie back in the bottle and go back to stealth mode in less than a second. There is no drone, just freaking awesomeness. If I want to take the wife/kids somewhere, I engage Peter Pan mode

The tune and sound from this combo are exquisite. If you think your GT3 is a fun, responsive and exciting car to drive stock, you've GOT to take a ride in one with even this minimalist set of options. This is the way the car should sound and respond.
I can't imagine driving this car without the "big button" engaged and sport mode on.

Wow, SO worth the money.

Next up, suspension (Bilstein Clubs + RSS upgrade) and clutch/flywheel (+water hose pinning)

Thanks, A&D. SO lucky to live so close...

/Hoff
you are not alone, a buddy of mine went the same route with his Boxster Spyder ... he loves it too.

p.s
You dont mention what gen your GT3 is ... .1 or .2?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:24 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice setup and agree it's awesome. Now u just need to add the special sharky headers and your mind will be blown. I have the headers, bypass, Evoms tune for it all and the carnewal switch. If you want to meet up and here it some time let me know.

And good choice on the clubsports, After driving the blue car I want those as well.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:34 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

the Sharky GT3 is one of the best sounding 911s to date.... a car like this makes one forget about wanting a hot rodded long hood...

For the money, a 997.1GT3 with sharky goods on it is one of the best 911s to own IMHO
Old 09-28-2014, 06:17 PM
BeakerGT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Nice setup and agree it's awesome. Now u just need to add the special sharky headers and your mind will be blown. I have the headers, bypass, Evoms tune for it all and the carnewal switch. If you want to meet up and here it some time let me know.

And good choice on the clubsports, After driving the blue car I want those as well.
I'm up in the City every once in a while and would certainly not mind a weekend jaunt somewhere in between South San Jose and San Francisco

I really love the sound as-is...hesitant to change anything not cat-back...it's easy enough to put the stock mufflebarge back on if needed...perhaps when I get the 3.9 I'll consider the headers

I'm going to do the Bilstein upgrade soon as well as the RSS upgrades (as I did on my Cayman prior.) We're going to experiment with the TechArt noselift and Bilsteins ... just need to get the spring rate and height data worked out...I am scraping the crap out of the chin spoiler.

Also, for those that asked, this is a 2008 997.1.

Frankly, I can't imagine driving a stock GT3 after a day running this combo. The ECU tune alone is magnificent. With the exhaust!? Fugghetaboutit!
Old 09-28-2014, 11:50 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

There is also the umbrella auto nose lift you may want to look into. Jamie_GT3 has it on his car with Jrz's. I believe it's more cost effective as well over the techart.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:14 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Nice mods. Suspension tuning transforms the .1 (I have Ohlins).

Question for those of you with tunes, any issues getting past the new smog tests (not counting headers, 02 sensor disable, visuals).... talking about the plug in test that is supposedly smarter than the old sniff tests.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Nice mods. Suspension tuning transforms the .1 (I have Ohlins).

Question for those of you with tunes, any issues getting past the new smog tests (not counting headers, 02 sensor disable, visuals).... talking about the plug in test that is supposedly smarter than the old sniff tests.
No issues if you register the car in NV.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:49 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Nice mods. Suspension tuning transforms the .1 (I have Ohlins). Question for those of you with tunes, any issues getting past the new smog tests (not counting headers, 02 sensor disable, visuals).... talking about the plug in test that is supposedly smarter than the old sniff tests.
I passed ca smog with tune each time. Also have passed with track exhaust on
Old 09-29-2014, 01:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
No issues if you register the car in NV.
send me the address

Quick Reply: 997.1 w/Sharkwerks bypass/tips and EVOMsit + Carnewal...wowza.