Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Eduardo Baptista - RPW case list

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 AM
Carlos993
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 101 Posts

I posted my experience w RPW after I realized that there were other victims - the guy is very good on the phone, and despite all the tell-tale signs, you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus, he HAD some very credible advocates on RL. For a while i thought I was the exception, a mix-up, and I thought he would make good on it. One of his favourite lines, something like - "it is not the mix-up, it sometimes happens, it is what you do to fix it".

As far as I can tell, on hindsight, he has no real business at this point, only a ponzi scheme where he takes out money for his own expenses.

RL is a good community, many good people, and its members are worth helping/protecting.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:11 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

This bucket of slime tried to scam me twice. Circumstances around the first time were unclear as it was in the midst of his getting FIRED by his last employer, and I naively chose to gave him the benefit of doubt when he set up his own shop. Fast forward to 2013, I placed a $4k order with him and that didn't go without incident. Lots of excuses as to how shipping got confused and yiddy yiddy da dah. If I weren't on his case like a hawk I doubt the issue would have been resolved at all.

I hope this rat bastard gets burned bad.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:28 AM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, this is sad to read that this kinda stuff goes on in the world and so many got burnt by this guy. sry to all of you.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:31 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Shouldn't the police be involved? This sounds like something that people are arrested for time after time.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Details sent to OP on $478 that I Paypalled to Eddie back in April for 2 GT3 spoiler lips.
Last communication I had with Eddie was in June and he would contact UPS. Supposedly a problem on their end..
Old 07-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

About 2.5 years ago I had bid on some RS Door Pulls on ebay and ended up winning the bid at $100 which was a great deal. Eduardo insisted that I pay with credit card which I try not to do so I offered to pay via Paypal and cover all Paypal expenses. His response was that Paypal charges too much and he won't do it....even after I offered to pay the expenses. Needless to say the transaction never happened. It sounded too fishy and I wasn't willing to hand out my credit card info for $100 parts.

I should have posted back then but the amount wasn't enough and at the time he didn't have much to sell. I had no idea that this was going on until reading this thread.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:27 PM
IRguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think more than a year ago he had some legitimate business which was barely running, then it degenerated into this "Ponzi" scheme. I was told his house is now vacant, he maybe on his way to Brazil. My goal with this thread is stop this robbery first, then potentially recover some of the losses we suffered. I do not want to harm him, however if this end up with a criminal charge, well he had it coming. I am meeting with a lawyer tonight - local, not an expert on these type of situation- nevertheless I intend to discuss this topic with her in detail.
Next week I will send out letters then start calling and calling. We will see!
Old 07-26-2014, 03:48 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Typical scammer MO. Feigns a lavish lifestyle by running around in expensive cars and making people think he's so well off that it's just a 'hobby' for him. Gets in 'good' with well known and respected people on rennlist so he can 'use' them to his advantage. Initiate a ponzi scheme in a foolish attempt to save a sinking ship and a lifestyle he can't afford. It's very unfortunate that he was able to scam so many people based on the recommendations and defense from others. We all need to be really careful about who we 'support' and endorse. Just because someone gave you a good deal or said 'hi' to you, doesn't automatically make them 100% legit. You don't need to come running to their defense when things go south. I recall prior posts from people that were getting ripped off, and certain people were still trying to defend RPW and calling the victim impatient or unreasonable. Unfortunate.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:21 PM
John Chan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said! Part of the reason I did not post too much negative thing at the beginning. It was like a hide and seek game trying to have him to ship out, and I know instantly this guy is full of shxt. Then I never get anything from him even his pricing is good. Too many sites list good pricing but nothing in stock, just a fishing game.
Also dual citizenship has a good advantage, grab the $ and run live a good life and nothing to loose. There is no need for a recovery plan, don't be fool that he will pay what he is owing to ppl! Giving him a chance at this stage = bad investment.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
IRguy
Instructor

I talked to my lawyer friend this weekend and her boss is actually from Florida. I would like to talk to a judge from Flodrida if possible to figure out our next step. Please, do not send any more cases to me, I try write the letter without using any names, however if either consumer protection agency wants names I will disclose them only after PM-ed you guys.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 AM
flyingpenguin
Pro

IRGuy thanks for facilitating this.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM
IRguy
Instructor

Some updates, I got a nice email from the attorney general office. I will forward it to you, but do not want to post it openly. This email was a response to my initial e-complain through their website. Since I talked to the office and will send them the letter including all of your claims. Unfortunately I am somewhat behind, I had a very busy start this week. (on call every sec. day for trauma)
I actually just received professional input from a fellow rennlister - thank you!!
If you any of you by any chance in Florida near West Palm Beach - please PM me!!
Thanks,
Old 07-30-2014, 04:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by IRguy
Some updates, I got a nice email from the attorney general office. I will forward it to you, but do not want to post it openly. This email was a response to my initial e-complain through their website. Since I talked to the office and will send them the letter including all of your claims. Unfortunately I am somewhat behind, I had a very busy start this week. (on call every sec. day for trauma)
I actually just received professional input from a fellow rennlister - thank you!!
If you any of you by any chance in Florida near West Palm Beach - please PM me!!
Thanks,
Nice, I hope you guys nail the bastard.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:39 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I was still talking to Eddie, the end of last year, he said he had bought into a Ferarri Carbon Fiber business. If anyone has or knows of buddies on the F-car forums, we need to make them aware!
Old 07-31-2014, 03:49 AM
blackbull
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That is unreal that he is still trying to sell stuff on Ebay. Someone needs to go over to where he lives and inflict a little pain to teach him a lesson.
Shhhhhhh....shhhshhhh....(whispering)not out loud!!

Quick Reply: Eduardo Baptista - RPW case list