Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Trakcar Mancation 2014 California

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:56 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

You just had to go and rub it in, didn't you?!?!!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Gotto celebrate!
Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2014, 12:43 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Too drink to post pics and video after dinner. Much better than with NASA. Ran a 1.54 today rso im getting somewhere. 5 secs On the cheater GT3's.. Made a new friend Tom something with a nice manual 997TT His cooler matches mine:
Peter I only brig the essentials! Pleasure meeting you and having a few drinks. It was a good day.
Next time hopefully well have time to finish both bottles!
Old 06-29-2014, 01:14 AM
RobertR1
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Met the famous TRAKCAR today at Infenion/Sonoma/Sears! Don't think we got much running together but hopefully we can at Thill on the 10th!

I was in the Gray Z06.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:49 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Dear Diary, uhh I mean;

Nice to meet you guys! Thanks for the drinks Tom! If you change your mind, we're here for 2 days..My turn to show you my cooler

Robert, I hope I got my arm out for the point by quick enough :-) :Thumbup:

So, it was an awesome birthday today, we're not getting any younger so I'm pleased to be scratching off another bucket list item today. Great weather, SP gave me a great car without grinding bearings, its weird quiet and feels like driving a Caddy. I even drove it to the hotel this evening! After the track went cold, we had good drinks with Tom and dinner with Chris F and GVtesse, both qualify for good designated driver and that is always appreciated

Also had a very cute passenger that did not give a peep for the entire session even though she confessed the was scared to death for 3 laps..
I strapped her in myself for maximum safety, she was too skinny for the belts so I told her to eat more cheese.
I instructed her to hit me if she was going to puke, otherwise there was no way out and the brakes are old and marginal LOL..
Good girl.

Last session using fast drover GVtesse in his super cheater 996GT3 as a rabbit, or well at least as motivation for a few corners as he took off into the distance out of the pit lane. Got a 1.54 on the first lap and cooked the tires after that fighting traffic, this is all I could make happen today:

Tomorrow is another day/

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 06-29-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

I expect you will do better today.

Peter
Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Nice driving, Peter! Again, impressive how quickly you (and Chris) learn your way around a track. Nice to finally meet you yesterday. Have fun out there today!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Nice meeting you Joe!

Parked by the PTS black/gold .2 GT3RS and track hippies:
Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2014, 02:35 PM
RobertR1
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Dear Diary, uhh I mean;

Nice to meet you guys! Thanks for the drinks Tom! If you change your mind, we're here for 2 days..My turn to show you my cooler

Robert, I hope I got my arm out for the point by quick enough :-) :Thumbup:

So, it was an awesome birthday today, we're not getting any younger so I'm pleased to be scratching off another bucket list item today. Great weather, SP gave me a great car without grinding bearings, its weird quiet and feels like driving a Caddy. I even drove it to the hotel this evening! After the track went cold, we had good drinks with Tom and dinner with Chris F and GVtesse, both qualify for good designated driver and that is always appreciated

Also had a very cute passenger that did not give a peep for the entire session even though she confessed the was scared to death for 3 laps..
I strapped her in myself for maximum safety, she was too skinny for the belts so I told her to eat more cheese.
I instructed her to hit me if she was going to puke, otherwise there was no way out and the brakes are old and marginal LOL..
Good girl.

Last session using fast drover GVtesse in his super cheater 996GT3 as a rabbit, or well at least as motivation for a few corners as he took off into the distance out of the pit lane. Got a 1.54 on the first lap and cooked the tires after that fighting traffic, this is all I could make happen today:
TRAKCAR '93RSA Sonoma 06-28-14 best lap first day - YouTube

Tomorrow is another day/
A couple of quick tips with worked really well for me yesterday and helped me shave time.

In t1, stay tight going up the hill. The hill will hook you.

T8-A, ride the curb on the right S to rotate the car and you can get pointed faster and get on the gas sooner. It's important because you carry that speed all the way down into 10.

T11. Hairpin. Try to have your car on the inside curb as you exit so you get on the gas earlier and are pointed down the track instead of towards the wall. It's pretty damn easy to understeer there and drift wide while trying to get on the power.

This was my 3rd outing at Sears and I was happy I got down to a 1:47.34 but need to fix my alignment as I went through a set of sport cups in a day....too much neg camber it would seem.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

One of the few tracks where I use berms to bounce me back/rotate into next turn wo throttle modulation thru it. Love this track. Mike
Old 06-29-2014, 03:16 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great meeting you Peter. See you again on Monday.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Robert, thanks for the pointers.
Nice to meet you Ben! I need to try and follow you.

The track is growing on me but its getting hotter and slower, and I'm overdriving the tires/brakes TBL is 1.527 so its possible but I have not done better lap yet, traffic and my flyer (ChrisF is camera car) somehow the GPS did not pick up the lap and it was a 3+ minute lap showing TBL of 1.527 in the double lap.

We also have passengers, bikers encouraged to go for a ride, I said no the first sessions but took one out the last session following ChrisF out who took wife for a ride :-)
As soon as I saw a Fiat and ChrisF hounding him (He's down to 1.51), I knew how it was going to end. I tried really hard to stay close enough to be a good camera car but I could not and did not want to kill the passenger. Here are the couple of minutes of drifing/driving until the Fiat goes in the wall:
Old 06-29-2014, 08:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

ChrisF fondeling is passenger biker chick.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Dark night in full cheater east coast GT3DE CUP setup at Sonoma.
Still pretty as ever!
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 119 Posts

Robert, thanks for the pointers. Nice to meet you Ben! I need to try and follow you. The track is growing on me but its getting hotter and slower, and I'm overdriving the tires/brakes TBL is 1.527 so its possible but I have not done better lap yet, traffic and my flyer (ChrisF is camera car) somehow the GPS did not pick up the lap and it was a 3+ minute lap showing TBL of 1.527 in the double lap. We also have passengers, bikers encouraged to go for a ride, I said no the first sessions but took one out the last session following ChrisF out who took wife for a ride :-) As soon as I saw a Fiat and ChrisF hounding him (He's down to 1.51), I knew how it was going to end. I tried really hard to stay close enough to be a good camera car but I could not and did not want to kill the passenger. Here are the couple of minutes of drifing/driving until the Fiat goes in the wall:Video Link: http://youtu.be/g-yuedHkCHM
Nice laps, Peter. Seems you're getting more comfortable on our track out here in Sonoma. You definitely gotta use those berms at Sears.

We'll be running a Porsches only run group there at the end of October, the old "Porsches at the Point" weekend, 10/25-26. An opportunity for you to extend your summer mancation, if your car is still on the west coast.

Tim

Quick Reply: Trakcar Mancation 2014 California