Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Horrible customer service- RPW

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Horrible customer service- RPW

Anyone else have trouble getting responses and customer service from RPW? I ordered a spoiler for my GT3 from them nearly 7 weeks ago. Credit card was billed. Part never shipped. Many unanswered phone calls and emails. Left not-so-nice voicemail and got a call back with promise that it would be shipped "..in the next 45 minutes..". That was a week ago. No returned calls, emails or shipping information.

Not happy. Anyone else have issues with them? How were able to get them to respond? And thought I was buying from a trusted Rennlist sponsor.

thanks

Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Jim,

Sorry for the delay, I responded to your email and your spoiler was already sent 2 days ago If I'm correct.

tks.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:08 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I've always had great service, both email and phone calls, and products delivered within a few days.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:36 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience was more like grrrmonster's. No longer on my vendor list.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am reluctant to share, but feel it's important for other Rennlister's to have the information. Unlike the OP, I never had communication issues with RPW, Eddie called me back or texted me promptly. I did have delivery issues, similar to OP...

Unfortunately, I too had a similar experience, with items paid for and unshipped starting in Oct 2013. There were some issues with some of the parts and I sent them back, but the replacements did not ship...

I like Eddie and consider him a friend, this is likely some of what got me in trouble waiting so long and giving so much latitude.

Earlier this month, I decided finally to abandon the parts and procure them myself. To protect myself I did a charge back through my cc company.

I do not believe Eddie is trying to intentionally defraud rennlisters, I think he's stuck with a very unreliable supplier in some cases and too many ***** in the air. That said, the bottom line in any transaction is Caveat Emptor....

And Please refrain from bombarding me with PM's in defense, this is my personal experience and I know RPW is a popular rennlist supplier.

Last edited by Jamie_GT3; 03-20-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Hello Jim,

Sorry for the delay, I responded to your email and your spoiler was already sent 2 days ago If I'm correct.

tks.
"if"? Do u know or don't know? Mike
Old 03-20-2014, 04:35 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It WAS sent and information was listed on his purchase history on the website.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

To be correct- the shipping information does not show on my view of the website. Eddie emailed the shipping number, and there was an issue with the number being truncated so the UPS site couldn't find it. Got Eddie on the phone- was able to find it on UPS.

Hard to believe it takes so long to ship this from FL.

Most other vendors don't charge your credit card until the product is shipped-- not bill you, wait 7 weeks to ship, and even then ship only after repeated calls.

Hopefully the part will arrive as scheduled by UPS (next week!)

Quick Reply: Horrible customer service- RPW