Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PBOC Winterfest Registration OPEN Jan 8-12 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:00 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Im pretty sure he started P5 or 6 in the last sprint (only corvette besides Bob Turnages I saw on the grid)...somewhere around Rob...running giant slicks on the back. Luis and I were admiring the handy work bolting it back together.

If its the same car (might not be), it was backed into the wall earlier in the weekend, they bolted a new wing on and somewhat fixed the bumper and it was sent back out.....but that seemed par for the PBOC races this weekend....they might be on par with PCA (Porsches Crashing Anywhere) racing

Since you are somewhat involved with PBOC....im new at this but I have a recommendation.....once race group for every car is a bit dangerous. They should try to have somewhat equal speed cars on track....not a 40 plus sec differential between the fastest and slowest car
Right, like 4 hotdog cars in front and 2 behind. For them it's a contact sport.....
Old 01-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Polesitter
Somewhat true but the 991 lap times didn't go up despite the driving histrionics towards the end of the session when the Vette got him, but the 991 guy was pushing very hard to maintain the same pace as he went out on **** tires for the last race and towards the end they were cooked....albeit somewhat self induced.

I happen to know this in detail because I was the guy driving the goddamned 991. What's that Vette have, 3,200 HP or what ?
I meant to come by and say hi....yes that vette had a crap load of power and gigantic slicks on it

I'd love to see that vette run against u at Barber, mid ohio or somewhere like that

Better yet see it make a 90 min enduro without puking some sort of fluid
Old 01-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've still got a lot of work to do on the 991, but it will get there. At Sebring with the same driver it is about on par with a well set up 997 cup. That will change over the next few months.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

We've still got a lot of work to do on the 991, but it will get there. At Sebring with the same driver it is about on par with a well set up 997 cup. That will change over the next few months.
I heard the rear dif takes some getting used to
Old 01-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Among other things....It rolls around like a handcuffed fat stripper covered in Crisco with twenty dollar bills all over the floor.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Last lap of first of two Sunday races had rob on my *** in his 2010 cup. Predictive showed a 2:12 and then last turn caution with a sausage car slow thru 17 and lap went from a 12 to a 16 with Rob trying to pass me at the finish line. Beat him by .00000000000001 seconds. Finished 9th.
Second race started 9th but tried/failed shortcut bishops. Loopdeloop thru 15 into grass back on track after a whole bunch went by me...
Emtech suspension is freaking awesome. Over curbs barely feel a bump. Car catches itself if it gets loose. Amazing.
track faster sunday. Think 2:11 possible. Now need lose more weight maybe carbon doors get to 2:10. Then 4.0 engine under 2:10 lol.
sad to see Silver Bullet go away. Will miss that car.
really enjoyed long 6 hour enduro even in rain. Drove half the race and want to do it again tomorrow.
tons o fun with the gang fantastic weekend. Lots of RLers some new some old too many to list.
Thanks pboc, Zotz racing, and Autoquest.
let's do it again next week.
Clarke, I'm interested in hearing more about that Exe-tc suspension. I think it may be what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Clarke, you had a pretty interesting spin/slide/off road adventure in 15-16 during the 2nd race today. I was watching from that corner station. Fun stuff...

I was happy that my client in the #8 white Vette passed that 991 Cup and won the race, though
You must have coached Kennedy up real good, he was driving far below that car's potential for a while. I was shocked to see that 2:08 on race monitor from him and that he won the race. I thought one of the Leonards must have taken over.

I'm sure he want's to hire you all of the time now!

I meant to come by and say hi....yes that vette had a crap load of power and gigantic slicks on it

I'd love to see that vette run against u at Barber, mid ohio or somewhere like that

Better yet see it make a 90 min enduro without puking some sort of fluid
Barber might not be a good idea. It's the guys home track, where the car is tested and developed. Speedsouth runs mid-upper 1:20's in their similarly prepared C6. It will still be super fast there.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

Im pretty sure he started P5 or 6 in the last sprint (only corvette besides Bob Turnages I saw on the grid)...somewhere around Rob...running giant slicks on the back. Luis and I were admiring the handy work bolting it back together.

If its the same car (might not be), it was backed into the wall earlier in the weekend, they bolted a new wing on and somewhat fixed the bumper and it was sent back out.....but that seemed par for the PBOC races this weekend....they might be on par with PCA (Porsches Crashing Anywhere) racing

Since you are somewhat involved with PBOC....im new at this but I have a recommendation.....once race group for every car is a bit dangerous. They should try to have somewhat equal speed cars on track....not a 40 plus sec differential between the fastest and slowest car
No, not involved with PBOC at this time. After Sebring significantly raised its rates for 2014, it became finacially unviable for them to keep paying me. So I am totally independent, working for numerous clients, if you see me at PBOC races this year. I will pass that feedback on, as it was shared by many...

Somewhat true but the 991 lap times didn't go up despite the driving histrionics towards the end of the session when the Vette got him, but the 991 guy was pushing very hard to maintain the same pace as he went out on **** tires for the last race and towards the end they were cooked....albeit somewhat self induced.

I happen to know this in detail because I was the guy driving the goddamned 991. What's that Vette have, 3,200 HP or what ?

LOL touche' Yes, it has a lot of power. In fact, the car still is not sorted yet. The yellow/orange one (the other Speedsouth car) that took a **** early in the weekend is much less powerful but is actually a better handling car.

Originally Posted by wanna911
Clarke, I'm interested in hearing more about that Exe-tc suspension. I think it may be what I'm looking for.

You must have coached Kennedy up real good, he was driving far below that car's potential for a while. I was shocked to see that 2:08 on race monitor from him and that he won the race. I thought one of the Leonards must have taken over.

I'm sure he want's to hire you all of the time now!

Barber might not be a good idea. It's the guys home track, where the car is tested and developed. Speedsouth runs mid-upper 1:20's in their similarly prepared C6. It will still be super fast there.
Yeah, he backed that car into the wall twice this weekend. But by Sunday he was calmed down and relaxed, and it showed on lap times and performance. No Leonard behind the wheel, but those guys can drive as well
Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

AHH, so you were in the new Cup. Were you car #29 or #28?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Yup… that was the vette. He did some repairs to the body work and taped the wing back together after his first off. The wing after first repair folded like a taco during a practice run. I was behind him waiting for it to blow off .
Car was very fast however.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:58 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Fun times, Rob! Yeah, was able to do 42 flats in the wet on very worn rears last night. That was right in line with the pace of the faster driver in the class-leading Cayman, my pro friend John Lewis. But those 16 laps could not be gotten back. Besides endless mud and schmutzy glare on the windshield, once we got back in the race, the car was fantastic.

Tomorrow we start working with your data and video.
YA man our cayman was on rails and john did great. I just struggled in the rain and dark. Both new to me….
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stujelly
YA man our cayman was on rails and john did great. I just struggled in the rain and dark. Both new to me….
saw your car in the paddock and in action! Never made it over to say hi but loved watching the fast Cayman!

Such an overwhelming weekend. Loved it! Cant wait to do it again!!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stujelly
Ah...didn't know that was you! Too funny! John introduced us on Wednesday by your trailer before night practice & you had greasy hands when we shook hands...not sure if you remember.

You both did great. Congrats on running a very clean race and finishing 3rd overall!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That was one very fun weekend...good to see everyone.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE="tcsracing1;11047150"]

AHH, so you were in the new Cup. Were you car #29 or #28?[/QUOT

16. We were trying a wide variety of setups all weekend that ranged from ****ty to barely tolerable....baby steps.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Polesitter;11050121]
Originally Posted by tcsracing1

AHH, so you were in the new Cup. Were you car #29 or #28?[/QUOT

16. We were trying a wide variety of setups all weekend that ranged from ****ty to barely tolerable....baby steps.
You were working with the best, though, so it'll get there: I have the highest regard for Andrew. We had a nice visit there, while watching your dad's in car from one of the race starts.

Quick Reply: PBOC Winterfest Registration OPEN Jan 8-12 2014