Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

White 3.9L GT3: anyone know this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Thanks. I should consider getting a better track car (ie car with a roof). Perhaps a 3.8... or perhaps a 6.2L/7.0L domestic offering....
Joe,
As a fellow Boxster driver (no respect), I would strongly recommend a suit, visor down always, and arm restraints. Since you have harnesses the arm restraints are a no brainer. Nobody plans on a roll or an impact. In cars like ours (mine has a fiberglass roof), you really need to be extra safety conscientious. Some organizers out East require arm restraints in 'topless' cars.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by speedoflight
he should've pointed you by at t1.
if you think that was bad, try having TWO _very_fast_ cars, a GTR and a Veyron, not giving you a pointby for a few laps.
i couldn't take it any more after 3 laps so i just went fk it.

LS_05312010_S1.mp4 - YouTube
got a chance to watch his. Painful. A Z06 did this to me at laguna last year. At least you've got some video of a veyron on track... sort of.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:14 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Coochas
Joe,
As a fellow Boxster driver (no respect), I would strongly recommend a suit, visor down always, and arm restraints. Since you have harnesses the arm restraints are a no brainer. Nobody plans on a roll or an impact. In cars like ours (mine has a fiberglass roof), you really need to be extra safety conscientious. Some organizers out East require arm restraints in 'topless' cars.
Appreciate the advice. Thanks
Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I would have drove up next to him as he entered the corners, put my hood next to his drivers window and about a foot or two from his car...
This is how we do it. I pick a left corner where the speed differential is high between my Coxster and the proud, step back, very late apex and dont track out, always places the Coxster on passing pace, when the proud checks the mirrors after track out, there is nothing to see, the Coxster is already passing, then I make the Stiggy look.

I like SuperSolo and NASA-TT due to open passing.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
This is how we do it. I pick a left corner where the speed differential is high between my Coxster and the proud, step back, very late apex and dont track out, always places the Coxster on passing pace, when the proud checks the mirrors after track out, there is nothing to see, the Coxster is already passing, then I make the Stiggy look.

I like SuperSolo and NASA-TT due to open passing.
After this incident, I've decided to listen to Ben and just run in the open passing groups from now on. Luckily, all the groups I run with (HOD, TMR, NCRC) all have open passing groups. Unless I'm in my BRZ... no point since I'll be passed all day long anyway...
Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Thanks for the plug
Nothing is more frustrating than being held up (highway, track, sidewalk, escalator, etc) - it is simply rude
Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Joe,
it can happen regardless of roof or not. We had a fiat clip a slower car that was overtaking the fiat. The slower car with a better driver rolled. The drivers hand came between the ground and car.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by roberga
it can happen regardless of roof or not. We had a fiat clip a slower car that was overtaking the fiat. The slower car with a better driver rolled. The drivers hand came between the ground and car.
Yikes. I guess since we all are required to drive with the windows down.....
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
Yikes. I guess since we all are required to drive with the windows down.....
Archaic and idiotic track regulation that does not take into account modern safety equipment.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedoflight
he should've pointed you by at t1.
if you think that was bad, try having TWO _very_fast_ cars, a GTR and a Veyron, not giving you a pointby for a few laps.
i couldn't take it any more after 3 laps so i just went fk it.

LS_05312010_S1.mp4 - YouTube
That video was hilarious. I've never been to Laguna Seca or on a track at all and probably won't ever b/c it's just not my thing. But I played the hell out of Forza 2 and those guys were taking the most pathetic lines I've ever seen out there. Sad. Haha. You on the other hand were taking nice lines it looked like to me. Bravo.

Apparently we have a celebrity caught here:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...chen-sink.html

All that work, and only running 2:15....

If you're a forum member here (I know you are), I'm running about 9 seconds faster than you around the track. Ben is 16 seconds faster than you (but that's Ben). We both drive BOXSTERS.

OK. I'm done being an internet bully. I just had to get this off my chest. I'll give the owner the benefit of the doubt and assume for now that he's a good guy that just needs to work on track awareness. The next time we meet, I'll shake your hand and hope that a) you're faster than me, or b) you point me by
@ Joe

@ GT3 driver should he show his face.

Haha, too funny.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Thanks. I should consider getting a better track car (ie car with a roof). Perhaps a 3.8... or perhaps a 6.2L/7.0L domestic offering....
u know my 3.8 gets lots respect. chk out TH madness. I was attempting to chew off mikymu s bumper lmao

and it can b YOURS

he's testing his new parts on 30 HC slicks, so I had a small chance hahah.... right.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:21 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
u know my 3.8 gets lots respect. chk out TH madness. I was attempting to chew off mikymu s bumper lmao

and it can b YOURS

he's testing his new parts on 30 HC slicks, so I had a small chance hahah.... right.
Ugh. If I didn't love my spyder so much, I would sell and get your blue 3.8. As is stands now, I can't get anymore cars until I make more garage space....
Old 04-28-2013, 11:22 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Problem is if he pointed you by he'd be the one riding your bumper for 6 laps. Not through the corners of course but would probably catch you on the straights over and over.

Best bet? Pit in. Count to 30 and go have some fun with him on the other half of the track, never to meet again.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Problem is if he pointed you by he'd be the one riding your bumper for 6 laps. Not through the corners of course but would probably catch you on the straights over and over.

Best bet? Pit in. Count to 30 and go have some fun with him on the other half of the track, never to meet again.
BZZZZZ... not quite. I'm ~9 seconds a lap faster than him (2:06). Enough said. Like mooty said, 2:15 in a GT3 is basically parking it. Watch my data overlay. I actually had to LIFT in some cases on the straights because my exit speeds were higher

He did finally let me pass (watch end of video). As soon as I passed him, he disappeared QUICKLY into the distance never to be seen again

Proof I'm 9 seconds faster:

I can always post video I recorded after I posted too if you like, but I think that's enough pain for everyone as is. LOL
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I still would have pit in regardless. No point taking what should have been a fun session and ruining it because of his lack of etiquette.

Quick Reply: White 3.9L GT3: anyone know this guy?