Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

White 3.9L GT3: anyone know this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:24 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW the GTR did come up on him much faster, and more obvious to move over..
Old 04-27-2013, 03:43 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 990 Likes on 369 Posts

What a freakin' douchbag. I like either the Mooty method (park a few inches off his bumper), hot pit and put some distance between you or raise holy hell with the organizer in front of Mr. Flat Out.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 AM
speedoflight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he should've pointed you by at t1.
if you think that was bad, try having TWO _very_fast_ cars, a GTR and a Veyron, not giving you a pointby for a few laps.
i couldn't take it any more after 3 laps so i just went fk it.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Renn_Thrills
Advanced

Start honking your horn
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 196 Posts

I would've backed off a bit and build up closing speed in a couple corners. The closure rate would've been too obvious to ignore by the time you get right up his a$$. If that doesn't work, I'd start going nasty with the high beam and horn...
Old 04-27-2013, 09:29 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Bump and run Nascar style
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 AM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by speedoflight
if you think that was bad, try having TWO _very_fast_ cars, a GTR and a Veyron, not giving you a pointby for a few laps.
That was painful to watch.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

This was a DE right?
I agree that the guy should have let you by. You were clearly experiencing Red Mist as evidenced by shaking your arm at him and following him for multiple laps. Next time, do a slow run through the pits and enjoy the rest of your session without him in front of you. Then at the break, you can chat with the driver and if not satisfied you should go to the event organizer/steward.
Just my 2 cents. We've all been there many times.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by Coochas
This was a DE right?
I agree that the guy should have let you by. You were clearly experiencing Red Mist as evidenced by shaking your arm at him and following him for multiple laps. Next time, do a slow run through the pits and enjoy the rest of your session without him in front of you. Then at the break, you can chat with the driver and if not satisfied you should go to the event organizer/steward.
Just my 2 cents. We've all been there many times.
I know that this is espoused by many DE organizers but I never understood the logic. Why accommodate the one bad apple in the group? Better to black flag the culprit and let the rest of the group enjoy their session. A point can be better made when the guilty person is losing track time, not the rest of the group.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedoflight

LS_05312010_S1.mp4 - YouTube
that gave me a headache. can only imagine how pissed off you were. Like getting stuck behind a Prius in the left lane (PJS)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by bensf
I know that this is espoused by many DE organizers but I never understood the logic. Why accommodate the one bad apple in the group? Better to black flag the culprit and let the rest of the group enjoy their session. A point can be better made when the guilty person is losing track time, not the rest of the group.
I agree that the flaggers should have recognized this situation and black flagged the GT3. I'm assuming this was a point by event. So, you can either wait for the point by, do a slow run through the pits, or break the rules. In this type of event, the more cautious approach of going through the pits is best IMO.

I would also submit that in the 'learning' stages of DE that red mist rarely ends well.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 AM
bensf
Racer

I agree that the flaggers should have recognized this situation and black flagged the GT3. I'm assuming this was a point by event. So, you can either wait for the point by, do a slow run through the pits, or break the rules. In this type of event, the more cautious approach of going through the pits is best IMO.

I would also submit that in the 'learning' stages of DE that red mist rarely ends well.
Unfortunately Joe was in the oxymoron group. "Advanced" "Point By", clearly the GT3 was not an advanced driver. I see your point about the three options.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm well aware of the 'red mist' phenomena. However, the red mist is an issue if you are driving beyond your limits and your cars limits. We're going 5/10ths here at best. Hard to screw up going 5/10ths unless you are inches off the guy's bumper, which I wasn't doing.

I agree with Ben that pitting sends the wrong message. You are punishing the victim.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I would have drove up next to him as he entered the corners, put my hood next to his drivers window and about a foot or two from his car...
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 PM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I'm well aware of the 'red mist' phenomena. However, the red mist is an issue if you are driving beyond your limits and your cars limits. We're going 5/10ths here at best. Hard to screw up going 5/10ths unless you are inches off the guy's bumper, which I wasn't doing.

I agree with Ben that pitting sends the wrong message. You are punishing the victim.
Despite how it may come across on the video, I don't think this was even a red mist situation. We were laughing half of the time because how ridiculous it was and half hoping it was not going to play out the way it did.

Quick Reply: White 3.9L GT3: anyone know this guy?