Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS 4.0 getting passed by a Scion....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you come forth Allan, I was ready to speak on your behalf.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 AM
pmpsch
Instructor

That's it !!! Am selling my POS 4.0
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Well I haven't been this scorned since my last wife filed divorce proceedings. Yes, that was my 4.0 and that was me driving. Now some facts: Yes, I am new to driving DE's, Just started this year. The 4.0 is a lot of car for me and I am taking advantage of Pro Coaching - Seth Tomas was in my car for 8 of the 12 sessions I drove. I had a hard time learning the track and on Saturday morning I asked Mark to move me from yellow to the novice class. He said he couldn't and that I should stay in yellow. I was very aware that that I was on the slow side of the class and tried to stay out of faster drivers way. I did make good progress over the 3 days. My lap times improved greatly, and in the end,I was very thankful for the experience. In the case of the video shown, I was aware of the Scion behind me and delibertely moved over and slowed to allow him an easy pass. It was also our cool down lap, so I was in no hurry. So, sorry to cause a raucous or embarrass anyone regarding the performance of the 4.0, we all know it's great. I'm just an retired old motorcycle road racer trying to fullfill a dream and be with like minded people. Allan :burnout

Originally Posted by consolidated
^^ You sound just like the kind of driver I'd be happy to share the track with. Most of us have "too much car".
Exactly, I only go FLATOUT in the fastest run group.

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Good on ya Allans
I agree with consolidated and posted as such previously

If you are having fun - f em
Fun is only spoiled by ego and broken cars at DE.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Okay... obviously, Seth was driving. That guy's SLOW; we all know that. Nothing to explain here..

Seriously now, good post Allan and keep having fun!
LOL and + 1 on the good post.

Originally Posted by orthojoe
+1. My assumptions were incorrect. I've been jaded by some of the experiences I've had on the track lately. I've seen guys fight tooth and nail from being demoted who just don't get it. That obviously wasn't the case here. Kudos to you for having that car out there, and I apologize if I insulted you, Allan
Talk is cheap send him a bottle of wine ;-)

Originally Posted by z06801
Beautiful car, and you drove a good line. My wife who passed away at the young age of 34 breast of breast cancer 3 years ago, tracked a 600RR race bike thought all of us car guys were pussies you will have that up to speed in no time
Very sorry a out your wife. I only do FLATOUT in the fastest run group but yes, all pussies.

Originally Posted by pmpsch
That's it !!! Am selling my POS 4.0
How much? Cheap right not many buyers for the PTS POS 4.0's at the moment. Garbage if not white, realy. All take it off you hands and spray it white prhaps ;-)
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Well jeeeeees.... Now I feel bad

Interesting choice for a first DE car. But it sounds like you're having fun and getting some proper instruction while you're at it. Enjoy.

Please keep practicing though so we don't ever see another video of a 4.0 being chased by a 200hp Scionaru
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Brutal, see his come t of being on a cool down lap?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I did. What about the 4 laps preceding that where the little Scionaru is keeping up? For shame, for shame. Merely going flat on the straights should have made that bugger disappear after a lap or so.

If we were in Japan you'd be fully expected to fall on your sword

That's a lot of car for a newb. You can get in over your head quick. You're wise to be cautious. Especially with the price tag and rarity. I used to track bikes too. This is the equivalent of learning to track a bike on a Kawasaki ZX10

Cool car though. You've got great taste.

And yes, Mark (event coordinator) was a stickler about run groups. Not sure what the big deal was but COTA was being very particular about not changing the registrations as they were delivered to them prior to the event start. Even if a car left the group, they were very apprehensive about bringing someone else in. I really liked Mark and MVP as this was my first event with them. However, COTA mgt sucked....
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 71 Posts

Well I haven't been this scorned since my last wife filed divorce proceedings. Yes, that was my 4.0 and that was me driving. Now some facts: Yes, I am new to driving DE's, Just started this year. The 4.0 is a lot of car for me and I am taking advantage of Pro Coaching - Seth Tomas was in my car for 8 of the 12 sessions I drove. I had a hard time learning the track and on Saturday morning I asked Mark to move me from yellow to the novice class. He said he couldn't and that I should stay in yellow. I was very aware that that I was on the slow side of the class and tried to stay out of faster drivers way. I did make good progress over the 3 days. My lap times improved greatly, and in the end,I was very thankful for the experience. In the case of the video shown, I was aware of the Scion behind me and delibertely moved over and slowed to allow him an easy pass. It was also our cool down lap, so I was in no hurry. So, sorry to cause a raucous or embarrass anyone regarding the performance of the 4.0, we all know it's great. I'm just an retired old motorcycle road racer trying to fullfill a dream and be with like minded people. Allan :burnout
Allan, I saw a 4.0 at Harrison Motorsports (in Alpharetta, GA) a few months ago for a BMWCCA meeting he was having. Not sure if that was your car or not, but if so, it looked great.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Rev_2_8k
Racer

Good on you Allan, at least you're using this car the way it's meant to be driven.

What type of bikes did you race? Also don't worry about that article or some of the other negative nancies, this whole thing presumably was taken out of context as we all know an FRS couldn't hang with most cars in its class speed wise, let alone the mighty 4.0 RS.

Steve
Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Of course it was taken out of context. You'd have to be a fool to think a FRS could keep up with a GT3 on a big track. Makes for good internet fodder though.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Well said Allan! I was honored to be there helping you learn about your 4.0 and how to get more performance out of the car at a new track. I can attest to Allan was a great student who made steady progress in speed throughout the weekend. I know I am glad to see you enjoying a car as special as the 4.0 on track instead of it sitting in a garage collecting dust. I look forward to spending more track time on track with you!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:12 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Allan,

Thrilled for you getting out there with your 4.0. Don't care how fast or slow one goes. Having fun safely is the point. Hope to see you in the future.

Tal

Quick Reply: RS 4.0 getting passed by a Scion....