Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Randy (Izzone) and his new ride....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013 | 01:09 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onelove
I've got Bryan from JRZ's card on my desk, text me if you need the info. (He may even be in town for speed week)
Brian is a great guy and JRZ really supports their product.
Old 02-23-2013 | 09:33 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 007DT
Deputydog With regard to RRR. Your line could be improved.. Also carry a lot more speed into 1-2 (Double apex). Best lap times are achieved there by using a constant but gradual increase in throttle from 8 (back side of the track) to the front straight. The car will feel much, much more planted because of the flat surface an modulation of the throttle there besides a constant increase will unsettle the car.

Video below is Qualifying last year in my M3 Race car. I can turn a 1:16.6 in 3,100lbs 240hp car. most of which is gained in 1-2 and 8-1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQtHF...Btz8hg&index=2

Just watched your whole video. Had some serious dicks in that qualifying session... Nice driving on your part though.

I see your'e using TM. Any chance I could get the data from your 116?
Old 02-23-2013 | 12:49 PM
jenk12m
Banned

I guess I need to get back down to roebling one day
Old 02-23-2013 | 12:59 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jenk12m
You need to get your race license so I have a co driver in enduros as discussed
Old 02-23-2013 | 02:16 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

So I can beat you there too?

All kidding aside, Roebling on paper should be the worst track ever. It's short. In a ****ty location. The paddock is dirt with a layer of pine needles. You can't come or go until the sessions are over as you have to actually cross the track to get in and out. And the people that run the track are rude and appear to hate their jobs.

However, it is one of the most fun tracks I've ever been on. Flows like no other. I've only been a couple times but I really enjoy it. Looking forward to going back.

Jealous of Randy's new journey into competition driving. Don't have the time or finances to pursue actual racing, but it will be fun to live vicariously through him.
Old 02-23-2013 | 04:05 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Disagree Dep, it's my least favorite and fits it's paper classification. Too repetitive, same type of turns over and over again and a straight. I have zero excitement for that track.
Old 02-23-2013 | 05:32 PM
007DT
Drifting

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Just watched your whole video. Had some serious dicks in that qualifying session... Nice driving on your part though.

I see your'e using TM. Any chance I could get the data from your 116?
Andrew.

I only have Data of late. The RRR was Dec 2011.
Qualifying should be treated like a DE but w/ even more courtesy w/ regard to passing as to not disrupt a fast lap. At times you'll get knucle-heads that act like the guys did in that video...

Your 2nd video was better with regard to the line. Biggest savings you'll find is braking a ton later into 1 bleed off the brakes to settle car again to start turn in (like a trail brake). It's a bit tricky but you have over a second there in that one turn you could gain, IMO.

You can carry more speed into 3-4 and brake a bit later there too.

Lastly 8-10 looked better because you short shifted (good) which will allow you to bring in more steady (not so torquey) throttle all the way to the back straight. I would come in 1/2 - 1 car width to the right so that you can carry more speed. There is a slight dip before pit entrance look for it and straddle that.

RRR is a campground like race track. I hate it every time until I go? Maybe the last couple times we've always had a good time partying. But it is refreshing to run a track w/o so many consequences when you go off...
Old 02-23-2013 | 09:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You do!

Originally Posted by Izzone
I'll set the base lap for you guys.

All kidding aside, Roebling on paper should be the worst track ever. It's short. In a ****ty location. The paddock is dirt with a layer of pine needles. You can't come or go until the sessions are over as you have to actually cross the track to get in and out. And the people that run the track are rude and appear to hate their jobs.

However, it is one of the most fun tracks I've ever been on. Flows like no other. I've only been a couple times but I really enjoy it. Looking forward to going back.

Jealous of Randy's new journey into competition driving. Don't have the time or finances to pursue actual racing, but it will be fun to live vicariously through him.
+1

Originally Posted by wanna911
Disagree Dep, it's my least favorite and fits it's paper classification. Too repetitive, same type of turns over and over again and a straight. I have zero excitement for that track.
Agree to completely disagree.

Originally Posted by 007DT
Andrew.

I only have Data of late. The RRR was Dec 2011.
Qualifying should be treated like a DE but w/ even more courtesy w/ regard to passing as to not disrupt a fast lap. At times you'll get knucle-heads that act like the guys did in that video...

Your 2nd video was better with regard to the line. Biggest savings you'll find is braking a ton later into 1 bleed off the brakes to settle car again to start turn in (like a trail brake). It's a bit tricky but you have over a second there in that one turn you could gain, IMO.

You can carry more speed into 3-4 and brake a bit later there too.

Lastly 8-10 looked better because you short shifted (good) which will allow you to bring in more steady (not so torquey) throttle all the way to the back straight. I would come in 1/2 - 1 car width to the right so that you can carry more speed. There is a slight dip before pit entrance look for it and straddle that.

RRR is a campground like race track. I hate it every time until I go? Maybe the last couple times we've always had a good time partying. But it is refreshing to run a track w/o so many consequences when you go off...
Dave, I would love to get some input from you before the next time I go RA or RR and I will bribe into spilling the secrets :-) My best in a 3.8RS is 1:175 on RA1. I think I can get a secong with the 4.0 and NT01 front.. Still no good. RA Maybe a 1:32 over the 1:34 with 3.8RS?
Old 02-24-2013 | 12:36 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by Izzone
I will work on that. Maybe we could do AMP one day so I could learn the car

No you can't
Must be the reason I've only been once and it's only 4hrs away
Old 02-24-2013 | 09:25 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Nice looking car Randy! Lightweight early 911s are a blast to drive. Plus there is no sound quite like an air cooled motor with carbs. It will bring a smile to you face as you get faster and faster with each session in the car. Yours looks like it has a a lot of nice stuff on it. And definitely reach out to Bryan Hise at JRZ. He'll be a huge help with shock settings for your car. He really knows his stuff.
Old 02-24-2013 | 03:59 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

One of those things... I know people that enjoy Homestead and PBIR. I would rather stay home than run either of those tracks again. Just a personal preference thing I guess but I really enjoy the high speed sweeps at Roebling. Seems like one of the few places where you can throttle steer the entire circuit. Not my favorite track, but I will go back for sure.

No you can't
Got you at COTA. Within a sec of you at RA. Rumbebee mission for 2013 is to take the Dark Knight down
Old 02-24-2013 | 04:01 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

NT-01 faster than RA-1, by a decent amount don't forget that.
Old 02-24-2013 | 04:06 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
NT-01 faster than RA-1, by a decent amount don't forget that.
We'll agree to disagree on that. You guys are only running fronts.

I've run all 4 with both brands and find them comparable. If there is a difference, it's slight. I couldn't tell a difference anyway, but I'm still relatively new to all this. Certainly not NT01/RA1 to Hoosier difference.
Old 02-24-2013 | 06:33 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Randy we are still waiting on the blooper reel
Old 02-24-2013 | 06:36 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Other than him locking up the tires in the video I posted. I don't think he has any. Took to the car really quick. I was expecting him to loop it for sure. Much to my disappointment he didn't :-)

Quick Reply: Randy (Izzone) and his new ride....