Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Sorry but I'm with Red Bear.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,560 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Y'all actually had some rain for one day at the drivers edge event at COTA.
Yeah. It was like 1/32"
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This whole thing about DE participant paying for track "damage" is all new to me which is not acceptable in my book. Looks like there is a major difference between East and West as far as how track operate. Now I have a much better appreciation for my home tracks and they totally rock compare with COTA and any other track that are more concern about their bottom line.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
This whole thing about DE participant paying for track "damage" is all new to me which is not acceptable in my book. Looks like there is a major difference between East and West as far as how track operate. Now I have a much better appreciation for my home tracks and they totally rock compare with COTA and any other track that are more concern about their bottom line.
I see what you are saying.......but.....you need to drive COTA.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah. It was like 1/32"
We actually got about 5" at the house...might have been Friday, but crazy rain. Pool overflowed.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I see what you are saying.......but.....you need to drive COTA.
sure thing ... in couple years.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I appreciate a free lunch as much as the next guy but any track that doesn't look after its bottom line will soon be turned into a golf course or condo development. Tracks will charge for repairs one way or the other, either by raising fees for everyone or dinging those that cause the damage. I'd much rather they take it out of (within reason) the drovers that can't keep it on track than out of my pocket. Just my .02.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
I appreciate a free lunch as much as the next guy but any track that doesn't look after its bottom line will soon be turned into a golf course or condo development. Tracks will charge for repairs one way or the other, either by raising fees for everyone or dinging those that cause the damage. I'd much rather they take it out of (within reason) the drovers that can't keep it on track than out of my pocket. Just my .02.
I agree there is no free lunch in life. Tracks are business and if not run that way we will all no out of tracks.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's not free nor do they serve free lunch - hence they charge track rental fees and $15 for dry burger. Cleaning up oil spill, coolant leaks and move couple tire barrier around does not break any track's bottom line. Passing the buck to participant that already paid for expected maintenance issue is just passing the buck. We are not talking about DE participant setting garage on fire, tearing apart track surface with metal studded tires or rearrange the armco barrier with a bulldozer

Some track organization here charge tow fee if you run out of gas on the track since this is preventable.

If you think it's OK to pay $50 cleaning fee when you have an oil or coolant leak then continue to pay - it's your money
Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't understand the fuss. If you are "renting" something (car, house, equipment, etc) and you damage it, you should pay to fix it right? What's different about a track? Your fee pays for regular use not damage.

Cota was out of line by canceling events. They have admitted this. I was very upset, but I thought about it from their side and I understand their concern. I may not agree, but I understand. They have apologized and only their future actions will tell. I hope they continue to act appropriately in the future.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,786 Likes on 1,848 Posts

I know for a fact Laguna Seca charges for track damages - due to an incident I had there I now "own" one/more concrete blocks on the passenger side of turn 4…

it was then that I found out some track insurance companies cover track damage as part of their policies - and some don't…

lesson learned - moving on now...

if you can't write the check - don't drive the car!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,560 Likes on 820 Posts

I have no problem with policies like this. For those who do, simply choose another track!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree with all of this personal responsibility is the key. I don't mind paying for my mistakes I just don't like to pay for others. Tracks DO CHARGE for repairs either on a case by case basis or in hidden fees.

All this said can we please get back to the real reason for this thread the race and DE at COTA in may.

Quick Reply: PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013