Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track time

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Track time

What percentage of your track time is with the PCA?

What are the other organizations do you do track/race events with?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

PCA is probably 25%

Depends what part of the country you are in.

David Murry, PBOC, hooked on driving, MVP (good outfit) chin are all pretty good.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Out of 11 events, only 2 were PCA. The rest were ReZoom, Chin, and PBOC.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Double post Stujelly!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None, The local PCA's are more concerned with cars and coffee then track events.

I attend events put on by Porsche Train.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
mike1111
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

20% pca
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

None. Prefer POC and Speed Ventures locally.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Out of 50 track days in 2012 I tried to limit my PCA attendance as much as possible. Unfortunately my GT3/RS friends can't seem to stay away from PCA events and I want to go where the other fast GT3/RS drovers are... The PCA events I attended were the 48 at Sebring to run with the GT3 DE Cup, Potomac at Summit Point to run with RMAG, Club Race / DE at VIR because friends were racing, NNJR at NJMP with Nizer, NordStern at Road America during Mancation, NNJR at MoSport during Mancation, NNE with Red Bear at Watkins Glen, and RENN at Mont Tremblant during Mancation. By far the worst DE I have ever been to was the one run by NNE at Watkins Glen. Best PCA I ran with in 2012 was Nord Stern -- treated drovers like adults.

I also ran with PBOC SuperSolo, Chin, MVP, David Murry -- all of which were fantastic.

And finally I ran with the BMW Club at Calabogie. BMW Club was almost as bad as PCA-NNE.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Less and less track events with PCA. PCA offers less track time, less events and cost the most. I voted with my money and did not attend a single PCA last year and only 1 this year. My money is with Chin and PBOC. I hope to do a David Murray events soon too. I am singed up for the PCA 48hrs at Sebring in 2013. I hope this events is well run, fun and we get good track time. They have not announced the 48hr schedule so fingers crossed!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Out of 50 track days in 2012 I tried to limit my PCA attendance as much as possible. Unfortunately my GT3/RS friends can't seem to stay away from PCA events and I want to go where the other fast GT3/RS drovers are... The PCA events I attended were the 48 at Sebring to run with the GT3 DE Cup, Potomac at Summit Point to run with RMAG, Club Race / DE at VIR because friends were racing, NNJR at NJMP with Nizer, NordStern at Road America during Mancation, NNJR at MoSport during Mancation, NNE with Red Bear at Watkins Glen, and RENN at Mont Tremblant during Mancation. By far the worst DE I have ever been to was the one run by NNE at Watkins Glen. Best PCA I ran with in 2012 was Nord Stern -- treated drovers like adults.

I also ran with PBOC SuperSolo, Chin, MVP, David Murry -- all of which were fantastic.

And finally I ran with the BMW Club at Calabogie. BMW Club was almost as bad as PCA-NNE.
Sounds like a fantastic schedule, and the traveling, wow!

Are these wheel to wheel racing or timed events? Or, do these mostly run as drivers ed type events?

Thanks for the responses, i was wondering where everyone goes.

I don't see any SCCA events, i thought i would see a few.

Do a lot of people graduate over to W-W racing? I did.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sweeper
Sounds like a fantastic schedule, and the traveling, wow!

Are these wheel to wheel racing or timed events? Or, do these mostly run as drivers ed type events?

Thanks for the responses, i was wondering where everyone goes.

I don't see any SCCA events, i thought i would see a few.

Do a lot of people graduate over to W-W racing? I did.
DE only. No racing. At the PCA club races they always have advanced-only DE to help pay for the event. Probably the best way to do a PCA DE is with a club race - no students, no beginners, no instructiing, etc. - just advanced drovers and racers, much better than standard PCA DE.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet 99% of you (not Clark) came up through PCA. What ever happened to giving back as an instructor? I don't know anyone else's personal situation but isn't this just being selfish?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

I came through the PCA and will always be a member. My 968, with st. tires, then r-comps on wheels. meanwhile, i was crewing on a Formula Ford team around New England with the SCCA. He moved on to the next level and I bought he's old car. Immediately the 968 was re-tired (i did a cpl more).

It was a no brainer, it was faster than any P-car (most) around the track, budget runs 4K/year with all the bells and whistles, national level equipment, tires every other event. The group of guys are similar to anyone in motorsport. Tough on the track, but friends forever.
I got 18k into everything.

Why mod. my GT3? To spend way more $$ to unfortunately, go slower. There are intangibles I know, the lore and tradition.
With this in mind, should I mod. the 3 at all? Or, rephrase. What is the best mod to do?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:57 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan
None, The local PCA's are more concerned with cars and coffee then track events.

I attend events put on by Porsche Train.
Same...
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Terry L
I bet 99% of you (not Clark) came up through PCA. What ever happened to giving back as an instructor? I don't know anyone else's personal situation but isn't this just being selfish?
almost everyone I know and run with at the track is a PCA (and Chin and PBOC) instructor and all of them do the instructor thing when we are at the track... I actually asked to be an instructor for PCA-Potomac and was denied. Go figure. lol

Quick Reply: Track time