Sebring December 08/09 - Videos

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,067 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Great vids!

Peter, camera mount fixes coming (I sent what you guys asked for) and all you and Randy need are the four extra CAN channel logging option Grady has. We can make it so!

Glad the clip-on CAN pickup worked well. No cutting wires!

I'll bring a few of these systems, as well as what Eddie is using, to David Murry, if people are interested in adding these great tools...

Will check into comparisons between session segments, too.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be great, I'm sure people will take it. It's a great plus, and Peter has been extremely helpful with all questions I had setting up my solo.

Thank you !
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I have vbox in RS, but not in gt3. Only got 2 runs in RS before RS broke again. Will post those 2 videos when get home later this week.
Sly knocked another second off, down to 2:21.xx in gt3.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
i think 3 Corvettes blew, maybe more, I seen 3 live in action trying to kill us with an oil bath and plenty others were blowing smoke!
Happens every event....
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I have vbox in RS, but not in gt3. Only got 2 runs in RS before RS broke again.
Originally Posted by Nizer
Happens every event....
Apparently GT3RS's breaking also happens at every event.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
Classic going in too hot. Hit brakes too hard mid turn. Back goes out. Corner worker flailing arms. Luckily he released brakes but a bit too quick and car broke back left too much to save.

Had lengthy discussion about similar issues earlier in day. Wasn't getting it.

Then he drove me home.
Mike, that's the part of instructing that might keep me paying for my track events even after I qualify to teach. Of course, some of your ex-students were fantastic drivers.

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I have vbox in RS, but not in gt3. Only got 2 runs in RS before RS broke again. Will post those 2 videos when get home later this week.
Sly knocked another second off, down to 2:21.xx in gt3.
Clarke, you are not helping your sales case here. That thing breaks every event.

Uh oh, I might be back behind Sly again with my 2.21.84. Nice driving.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Weird. Still tons of oversteer. Identical settings to 3.8 + max wing but cant put the power down right. *** wag on exit in T1 and T17, never really did that before. Sebring has been so changeable from session to session I'm not sure any of it makes sense. If its still loose at Winterfest i will soften the rear bar.
Peter, I think it's probably due to the slightly more aggressive lock from the Guard LSD, as opposed to the Cup version (more progressive). I don't have near the power you do, but notice that when it locks up, you have to be quick to catch the mid and exit corner oversteer. I softened my rear bar by 1 hole and it made a noticeable difference.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sebring seems to beat the cars down. Glad it's not my home track. I don't see why you guys like to run so many laps there.

Sly seems like she will be dominating there before long.

Some people need to be relegated to having restrictors for DE, they have no business in 400 hp cars. Like the guy in the 500 hp radical that put us in the wall at the PBOC event at Road Atlanta. Was on year old slicks with 500 hp and 1800 lbs having not been on track in over a year with only a few total events and decides to punch it out of turn 7 on the out lap..... We were lucky he didn't make it to turn 12. I hope he does not fix that car. You can't hear a thing over the communicator with the engine in your ear. Too dangerous for any instructor to have to get in.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jxwJ...=youtube_gdata

student last lap of day gave me a wake up ...almost 110 into corner worker at 17.......c6 vette top off......

mike
Holy **** Mike, you got lucky. Was SC on?? When SC goes off, I get out, Very simple.

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Great vids!

Peter, camera mount fixes coming (I sent what you guys asked for) and all you and Randy need are the four extra CAN channel logging option Grady has. We can make it so!

Glad the clip-on CAN pickup worked well. No cutting wires!

I'll bring a few of these systems, as well as what Eddie is using, to David Murry, if people are interested in adding these great tools...

Will check into comparisons between session segments, too.
Peter, thank you for everything. Why do we need the four extra CAN channels? everything works right? Orbit will figure out mounts and i look forward to DM day!

Originally Posted by Mvez
Peter, I think it's probably due to the slightly more aggressive lock from the Guard LSD, as opposed to the Cup version (more progressive). I don't have near the power you do, but notice that when it locks up, you have to be quick to catch the mid and exit corner oversteer. I softened my rear bar by 1 hole and it made a noticeable difference.
Could be, if it stays this loose unther throttle, I will have to try it or drive around it like I tried the last session, 4th out of T17 etc.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Another one into T17, no 2 feet in!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,067 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Peter, thank you for everything. Why do we need the four extra CAN channels? everything works right?
You're using the 4-CAN channels that the unit comes with for throttle, brake, steering and RPM.

If you want gear, temps, pressure and anything more than what you have, you need to do what Grady did and buy the additional 1 or 4 channel CAN upgrade.

Use the suction cup mounts and plastic clamp that came with unit!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:01 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Perfect, I'd like to have all that extra data. Send to Orbit please!
I have 3 extra suction cup mounts extra, but I need agood roll bar mount and dash display mount, no worries.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Peter. He accidentally hit sc off. But he was aggressive all day. Off track twice at t7. I Talked with him several times I gave him mike Carter's name for next month 😝
Old 12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Originally Posted by ProCoach
You're using the 4-CAN channels that the unit comes with for throttle, brake, steering and RPM.

If you want gear, temps, pressure and anything more than what you have, you need to do what Grady did and buy the additional 1 or 4 channel CAN upgrade.

Use the suction cup mounts and plastic clamp that came with unit!
Peter, can I have the same features ?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Perfect, I'd like to have all that extra data. Send to Orbit please!
I have 3 extra suction cup mounts extra, but I need agood roll bar mount and dash display mount, no worries.
Roll bar mount Peter sent to me, works perfectly fine, maybe you should try that one ?

Quick Reply: Sebring December 08/09 - Videos