Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL.......
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Traqmate is getting on my nerves, they haven't updated the computer software in like 18 months. The dates from my traqdash show a year of 1969 or something stupid and I have to search to find the most recent sessions. As much as I have liked and utilized it, I can't deal with their snail paced updates and improvements that aren't bright gimmick displays and makeshift/piecemeal $1000 camera systems.

While Im at it Traqdash complete for sale..........
Glad you finally gave in. Stops the pain.

I tried and invested in the equivalent of 3 traqmates to make it work, some stuff is great.
Bit even when it works the software and syncing is just too cumbersome. My time is too valuable. VBox it is.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,299 Likes on 1,874 Posts

Traqmate is getting on my nerves, they haven't updated the computer software in like 18 months. The dates from my traqdash show a year of 1969 or something stupid and I have to search to find the most recent sessions. As much as I have liked and utilized it, I can't deal with their snail paced updates and improvements that aren't bright gimmick displays and makeshift/piecemeal $1000 camera systems.

While Im at it Traqdash complete for sale..........
That's a shame. There are things you can do with the TM that no AiM, VVBOX or Race-Keeper can do. Only MoTeC...

Whatever. I don't care what people use, just that they use something. Let me know if I can ease your pain...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Glad you finally gave in. Stops the pain.

I tried and invested in the equivalent of 3 traqmates to make it work, some stuff is great.
Bit even when it works the software and syncing is just too cumbersome. My time is too valuable. VBox it is.
I really do like it, but it seems like they just aren't trying to do anything but come up with the next thing for you to buy.

I'm not too concerned with the syncing, although the ease of V-Vbox blows it out of the water. And to add anything like that in the traqmate you have to go buy a go pro, then the Gopro video adapter with inputs, then another gopro then the $100 cable to run the 2nd gopro then an SD card for each Gopro. By the time you're done you spent another grand for more loosely integrated stuff.

Originally Posted by ProCoach
That's a shame. There are things you can do with the TM that no AiM, VVBOX or Race-Keeper can do. Only MoTeC...

Whatever. I don't care what people use, just that they use something. Let me know if I can ease your pain...
This date glitch has been a glitch ALL year, they even released updates to the traqdash that....... get this....... DIDN'T EVEN ADDRESS THE ISSUE! It makes me mad every time I think about how easy Randy's data just BOOP popped up on the screen with two videos and data all seamless with video while I have to scroll all through my data that's mixed up all over the place in their $300 software. Grrrrrr.....
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,299 Likes on 1,874 Posts
Smile

I'm not too concerned with the syncing, although the ease of V-Vbox blows it out of the water. every time I think about how easy Randy's data just BOOP popped up on the screen with two videos and data all seamless with video
I'm in Orlando today and tomorrow, but can send a VVBOX Lite to you in time for Sebring on Monday...

Let me know if I can help.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I'm in Orlando today and tomorrow, but can send a VVBOX Lite to you in time for Sebring on Monday...

Let me know if I can help.
Wouldn't get it from anywhere else. I'm not going to Sebring (not this year at least). My last event of the year is this weekend. I will be in touch.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Blah blah blah. That should be a plus for you as he's driving your car from the passenger seat like a marionette

In hind sight I should have gone for it, but you would have had the inside line. Sneaky bastard.

Running 32's, what do you think?

When were lap times ever not a topic of conversation? Between that and tires it's all we ever talk about.

Of course you do. World famous Trakcar!

Thanks Jenk. Fun track. Takes some getting used to. I wish we went more than once a year. Spent the better part of Saturday trying to remember what I learned last the time I was there.
I agree with you, but some don't. ...
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I agree with you, but some don't. ...
Oh I think we all look at lap times but my comment would be when we get over aggressive trying for times with bad passing, over driving, bitching about point byes etc. then we are getting out of the DE environment and entering a nether land between racing and DE. I am always faster when I TT as I have different mindset and know I will have clear track for a couple of laps and can hang it all out for the ultimate lap.

Peter
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Oh I think we all look at lap times but my comment would be when we get over aggressive trying for times with bad passing, over driving, bitching about point byes etc. then we are getting out of the DE environment and entering a nether land between racing and DE. I am always faster when I TT as I have different mindset and know I will have clear track for a couple of laps and can hang it all out for the ultimate lap.

Peter
+1

lap times will lower with clean consiatant lines. When I was working with Ron he was more concerned about consitathe delta in time lap to lap than how good I could do in a flyer

Using data just for lap times will get you no where but in trouble. I try to work on consitancy segmenting the corners and finding out where I can improve

Used properly, data is a fantastic tool to learn....even in a De enviroment

Those who are contending for the DE cup lap records should consider getting a NASA TT license and playing with Rad and his Fiat
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM
mike1111
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said Randy..
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
+1

lap times will lower with clean consiatant lines. When I was working with Ron he was more concerned about consitathe delta in time lap to lap than how good I could do in a flyer

Using data just for lap times will get you no where but in trouble. I try to work on consitancy segmenting the corners and finding out where I can improve

Used properly, data is a fantastic tool to learn....even in a De enviroment

Those who are contending for the DE cup lap records should consider getting a NASA TT license and playing with Rad and his Fiat
I vote for a record lap only being valid if you did 3 laps in the same session within .2 secs. Rad, work out a math with a pie chart please.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I vote for a record lap only being valid if you did 3 laps in the same session within .2 secs. Rad, work out a math with a pie chart please.
you are evil......you tried to poison me Tuesday night.

To comment on your above......how about those concerned shall go run time trials......isnt that what time trials are for? lap records? Unfortunately as with most things.....it takes someone getting hurt to bring reality to the situation
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So we shouldn't have DE cup times and classifications and no one should ever jump out of the car after a session and ask what times did everyone run
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
So we shouldn't have DE cup times and classifications and no one should ever jump out of the car after a session and ask what times did everyone run
Not saying we shouldn't talk lap times BUT some of the emphasis on lap times is causing some to drive recklessy and endanger themselves (this doesn't really bother me as Darwinisn will eventually take care of that) but when they endanger others on the track that is just WRONG. Following somebody to learn their lines and improve your driving is one thing but riding their bumper trying to get them to make a mistake is WRONG ( I have seen enough videos of this posted by the DE Cup participants where driving in their mirrors has come close to taking each other out )

Most of us are Type A personalities and very competitive which is OK but that competitiveness should be directed to either racing or TT where the rules are clear and everybody on the track is on the same page.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,676 Likes on 867 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Not saying we shouldn't talk lap times BUT some of the emphasis on lap times is causing some to drive recklessy and endanger themselves (this doesn't really bother me as Darwinisn will eventually take care of that) but when they endanger others on the track that is just WRONG.
+1

Quick Reply: Need videos of those who snuck off to RD ATL