Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Put a Braille Lithium Battery in Yesterday/ Rep Offered RL's a Deal

Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
I've secretly been running a Lithium Pros unit for well over a year now.... includes leaving the car at home for 1-2 weeks at a time whie I drive something else, etc and so far absolutel no issues. Same battery was in the BMW for over a year as well, I'm impressed at how well these things work given their light weight. Now the small lead batteries like those made by Oddysey, we won't go there....
Still time to sign up for Sebring Sunday. You and da Dawg can show us how it is done and I need a 6GT3 to be my rabbit as Mike is not running Sunday.

Peter
Old 10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Savyboy shipped the car with this in the frunk. Comes with key fobs.
If Pete says it's good, its good enough for me :-)
Attached Images   
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Still time to sign up for Sebring Sunday. You and da Dawg can show us how it is done and I need a 6GT3 to be my rabbit as Mike is not running Sunday.

Peter
Have other plans unfortunately. The downfall of this time of year is every damn weekend there seems to be open track dates, my schedule is crap. Will be heading to Roebling next weekend though.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Have other plans unfortunately. The downfall of this time of year is every damn weekend there seems to be open track dates, my schedule is crap. Will be heading to Roebling next weekend though.
Will be at RR Friday with Seat Time but have plans for Sunday at home so PCA is out.

Peter
Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Polarcharger
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a Braille ML30C (similar specs) in my E46 M3 and liked it so much I put another in the .1 GT3 RS. ML30C requires a tray (I used HP Autowerks). This looks like a good option.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I try to do you guys a favor and now I've got to do work

Here's a link to the battery: http://www.braillebattery.com/index....atteries/i48ce

$75 off the price on the site plus the free trickle charger.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Will be at RR Friday with Seat Time but have plans for Sunday at home so PCA is out.

Peter
Friday is open too, email me details
Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mike1111
How much?
See my link.

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Come on my friend, spill the beans, how much ?
Same for you lazy Brazillian.

Originally Posted by 4forme
Please hook me up. No additional brackets required to hold it in place on factory tray? Any software reprogramming needed?
Nope. Drops right in just the factory battery.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Price? And can u use factory tray?
Yep. Nothing changes. Exact fit. No fiddling. No brackets. It's actually mounted in the pic. All done. Easy peasy.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
I really hope that their products and customer service have somewhat improved..
Due diligence suggests that you buy a pair of solid jump start cables.
Funny you should mention that. Tried to jump a friends car with some $10 cables. Car wouldn't start. Guy next to us laughs at my cables and breaks out a set that were about half inch thick. Car started immediately. Drove to auto zone and bought and expensive pair. With that being said, I don't think I'll need them in this case. Maybe with the 6 pounder. But I bought the 10 for the extra capacity.

Originally Posted by Izzone
Good for you
Ha! I was hoping to be the first to sneak that in.

Originally Posted by mooty
will it work if you park it for 30 days, no trickle charger?
you know if my car fails to fire up, i usually just sell it. i can't deal with cars that dont start.
it is VERY frustrating.
Probably not. But then again my car won't start if I leave the factory battery off trickle for 2 weeks. If I had Mooty $$$ I would replace them too

Peter
Testing NT01 front and rear on Sunday. Hopefully ABS computer doesn't implode.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
This battery is a bargain compared to the $200k you spent to get yours
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
edwin814
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Almost 1/2 the price of factory lithium and is a direct fit. It's a no brainer. Thanks for posting it up!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edwin814
Nice! Almost 1/2 the price of factory lithium and is a direct fit. It's a no brainer. Thanks for posting it up!
Exactly. With more capacity and more cranking power than the factory lithium. Really nice fit too. No fiddling whatsoever.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Friday is open too, email me details
Lets get the word out http://www.seat-time.com/html/main.htm Jon Krolweicz runs a small operation with just 3 run groups and 20 cars per group. Open passing in the advanced group BUT he doesn't like aggressive driving. Courtesy is the main thing.

Peter aka The Farmer
Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Probably not. But then again my car won't start if I leave the factory battery off trickle for 2 weeks. If I had Mooty $$$ I would replace them too

===> you have a drain in the car. with factory batt, my car fires right up even after 2 months sitting there. i dont have any trickle chargers. i can't figure out how to use the one's i got as gifts, so i threw them away. but no prob. car starts up fine.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
This battery works flawlessly, I installed one in John's and another in Juan's car.

Fantastic !
Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty:9914931

===> you have a drain in the car. with factory batt, my car fires right up even after 2 months sitting there. i dont have any trickle chargers. i can't figure out how to use the one's i got as gifts, so i threw them away. but no prob. car starts up fine.
Aren't Porsche notorious for battery drain? I've only had 4, which is what mooty goes through in a month :-) all if them were basically dead after a couple three weeks and had to be kept on a tender.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 PM
exacc
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to hear all the good things about Li battery...of course, in the interest of getting full disclosure of information, may I ask about the cons side of Li batteries, aside from the price?

Aside from the weight savings and better crank power, I'd like to add also that Li batteries probably won't be harmed as bad as an acid battery when discharged. This is my main reason why I want to change my P-car's batt when it dies, and my M3's battery now. I don't mind so much the getting discharged part...what really annoys me is that I am always worried that the batter gets damaged if left discharged for a long period of time.

On the other hand, I think I read somewhere that Li batteries have a higher likelihood of exploding? Is this true?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Put a Braille Lithium Battery in Yesterday/ Rep Offered RL's a Deal