Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Group Buy* for cup shifter cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gunner, you are a true gentleman, Thank you!!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, Derek went out of his way to make this group buy possible and let's show him the respect by honoring the fantastic discount (I paid well over $500). There will always be another vendor that will sell the parts cheaper and even at a lost to drive out other competitor but I hope us rennlister are much more than penny counter. I am a strong believer in treating people with respect and honoring our words. I see many advantages getting the parts from Derek. He has direct connection with PMNA and he is local not to mention shipping from Europe now days can be very expensive. If there is defect or fitment issue TRG will take car of it and you do not need to deal with PMNA. I have PMNA account and I deal with them directly and they do not have customer friendly return policy. Once you pay for the parts you bought it.

So back to the Cup cable. They are a must for GT3 that see track duty. I don't know why Porsche's drivetrain design has so much flex that lead to difficult gear change under heavy G load and I had zero gear change issue so far with my 600+ hp Z06. Every time you get stuck between gears you lose valuable lap time not to mention all the damage done to the tranny if you grind and worst yet money shift under distress. When my speed pick up with Cup cable and semi-solid engine mount I still had occasional hang up with gear change. Once I went to solid engine mount + Cup cable then I can change gears with zero issue. Yes, you can wait couple seconds for the gears to find their proper place then shift without the Cup cable .... and I will blast pass you in my Cup or Z06 like if you are standing still

Last edited by mikymu; 08-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
@TRAKCAR... you really think you could hear Cup cable noise in your car?
Only when I am on bluetooth puttering around on the flat smooth square roads around here on my way to and from work

Originally Posted by Derek@TRG
Gunner, you are a true gentleman, Thank you!!
+1.

Originally Posted by mikymu
Guys, Derek went out of his way to make this group buy possible and let's show him the respect by honoring the fantastic discount (I paid well over $500). There will always be another vendor that will sell the parts cheaper and even at a lost to drive out other competitor but I hope us rennlister are much more than penny counter. I am a strong believer in treating people with respect and honoring our words. I see many advantages getting the parts from Derek. He has direct connection with PMNA and he is local not to mention shipping from Europe now days can be very expensive. If there is defect or fitment issue TRG will take car of it and you do not need to deal with PMNA. I have PMNA account and I deal with them directly and they do not have customer friendly return policy. Once you pay for the parts you bought it.

So back to the Cup cable. They are a must for GT3 that see track duty. I don't know why Porsche's drivetrain design has so much flex that lead to difficult gear change under heavy G load and I had zero gear change issue so far with my 600+ hp Z06. Every time you get stuck between gears you lose valuable lap time not to mention all the damage done to the tranny if you grind and worst yet money shift under distress. When my speed pick up with Cup cable and semi-solid engine mount I still had occasional hang up with gear change. Once I went to solid engine mount + Cup cable then I can change gears with zero issue. Yes, you can wait couple seconds for the gears to find their proper place then shift without the Cup cable .... and I will blast pass you in my Cup or Z06 like if you are standing still
I always applaud the group buys and Rennlist discounts
I shift S L O W L Y.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

I called everybody on the list, ( except ROBT394, we spoke through P.M.), had to leave messages with most, we had two members drop out so far.

Regardless of how many members stick with this GB i will honor the 10% savings minimum.

Thanks for the support!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Derek,

I will step up to the plate and take one of those if the discount would go back up to the 10+ level for the other participants - and in case you have them in stock for an order already placed.

I can be emailed at mail@pauloneil.com
Old 08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I always applaud the group buys and Rennlist discounts
I shift S L O W L Y.
lol

somehow I doubut you shift slowly

I called everybody on the list, ( except ROBT394, we spoke through P.M.), had to leave messages with most, we had two members drop out so far.

Regardless of how many members stick with this GB i will honor the 10% savings minimum.

Thanks for the support!!
That's great to hear Derek. Kevin Buckler make more moeny by selling one bottle of his wine than 10 Cup cables. This group buy is your shop extending coutesy to rennlist members and we appreciate your effort to make this happen. I hope there will be more such group buy in the future that benifit both parties.

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
Derek,

I will step up to the plate and take one of those if the discount would go back up to the 10+ level for the other participants - and in case you have them in stock for an order already placed.

I can be emailed at mail@pauloneil.com
There you go!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Ok guys, with the above order and one more called in we have 11!!! even after we lost two. With all the calling and confirming that members still wanted to take part we fell behind a day, the order will be going in to PMNA tomorrow.

Thank you all for the support!!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok guys, with the above order and one more called in we have 11!!! even after we lost two. With all the calling and confirming that members still wanted to take part we fell behind a day, the order will be going in to PMNA tomorrow.

Thank you all for the support!!
Fantastic! Now we are going to have 11 more GT3/RS that are harder to catch on the track
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Well, i had one member pull out for a second time last night so we are are at a final # of 10

1:04GT3 + 996 cup box
2:ken89911TT
3:MTB
4:ROBT394
5:Greg Ho Yuen + 996 cup box
6:Rudy Perez
7:PASEB
8:Clifton Lin
9:Carl Ley
10:Paul O'Neil

The final cost with 10% savings will be $497.79

The order to PMNA will go out today!!

Thank you for the support, we appreciate it!!

Last edited by Derek@TRG; 08-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Order was sent in yesterday!!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks Derek. I really appreciate you going out of your way to save a few $s for other upgrades. Will probably spend those at your shop in NC sometime this fall.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Just got a call from Rob @ PMNA, parts are heading out to me today!!

Rob, unfortunately we are no longer operating at our Mooresville shop, I really miss spending time there, it was a beautiful area!! We are back in our old digs here in Petaluma CA.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

has anyone received their cables yet?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
has anyone received their cables yet?
Ordered mine Aug 1, rec'd 4 business days later, on Aug 6.... from Belgium.

Just got around to having them installed last week.

Quick Reply: Group Buy* for cup shifter cable