Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cheater bits added to Dark knight!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
wow, first Trakcar drops 1 second at RRR with cheater aero bits, now Jenks drops 3 secs at AMP by adding the same cheater aero bits, and breaks the DE Cup track record at AMP (which obviously gets broken as it is the only Aero Beetle running AMP).

Do they make Gurney lips and dive planes for my Fiat? I want to drop 3 secs of my lap times, without going flatout.
You have a diffuser.....
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,651 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
no, not same day. so track has obviously gotten faster but its still slick as you can hear my tires squealing coming onto the front straight

there is fine grain track marbles still in the wheel wells when you come off the track. showing that the track still hasnt settled yet. hopefully, they didnt let people on the track to soon
They did. Potholes to prove it soon
Old 06-18-2012, 07:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

wow, first Trakcar drops 1 second at RRR with cheater aero bits, now Jenks drops 3 secs at AMP by adding the same cheater aero bits, and breaks the DE Cup track record at AMP (which obviously gets broken as it is the only Aero Beetle running AMP).

Do they make Gurney lips and dive planes for my Fiat? I want to drop 3 secs of my lap times, without going flatout.
Yes, but it will still overheat and drive like a playstation.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

When a diffuser is used, the air flows into the underbody from the front and sides of the car, accelerates and reduces pressure. There is a suction peak at the transition of the flat bottom and diffuser. The diffuser then eases this high velocity air back to normal velocity and also helps fill in the area behind the car making the whole underbody a more efficient downforce producing device by reducing drag on the car and increasing downforce. The diffuser also imparts upward momentum to the air which further increases downforce.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, but it will still overheat and drive like a playstation.
Fiat doesn't overheat, it runs colder than an Aero Beetle. Oil temperatures and water temperatures run low, data and video verified. Start data logging your oil/water temperatures rather that your track maps, and find out your Aero Beetle is running much hotter than the Porsche static temperature gauge indicates.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:09 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
You have a diffuser.....
My diffuser is not working, I have to brake for Bishop Bend. Fiat needs a wing, dive planes, splitter and new profile front bumper. Parts coming soon.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Start data logging your oil/water temperatures rather that your track maps, and find out your Aero Beetle is running much hotter than the Porsche static temperature gauge indicates.
I hate it when you are right.....our Aero Beetle run way too hot

and BS, your diffuser is working, it's a static upside down wing
Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Michael, Great lap! Your car looks and sounds like it is set up very well. I'm going to be there Thurs. and maybe Sat. Hope to see you then. Allan
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Hey Mike...those carbon bits are awesome...cool that they are slightly bigger too. Nice tire stash too!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
I hate it when you are right.....our Aero Beetle run way too hot

and BS, your diffuser is working, it's a static upside down wing
You're sick and not thinking clearly. he's not right.

Too hot = one of the many aids says slow down, keep running and the car breaks. An everyday occurance in a Fiat.

Aero Beetle, just runs, no message, no slowing down, no stupid place sensors and precious carbon fibre to melt = Not too hot.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

My diffuser is not working, I have to brake for Bishop Bend. Fiat needs a wing, dive planes, splitter and new profile front bumper. Parts coming soon.
A coach could fix that, not a wing, dive planes, splitter and new profile front bumper.
I guess buying Fiat parts is easier.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
A coach could fix that, not a wing, dive planes, splitter and new profile front bumper.
I guess buying Fiat parts is easier.
Take the wing out of the aero beetle, and drive flatout through Bishop bend, I'll bring the Cayenne to tow the remains of your brand new 800 miles Aero Beetle.

Coach can't do miracles, 130+ mph through Bishop in a 3200 lbs car with no aero is not possible. My Playstation simulator says not possible.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Kaiservon
Advanced

Nice time Jenks. Definite commitment through 15-16.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Take the wing out of the aero beetle, and drive flatout through Bishop bend, I'll bring the Cayenne to tow the remains of your brand new 800 miles Aero Beetle.

Coach can't do miracles, 130+ mph through Bishop in a 3200 lbs car with no aero is not possible. My Playstation simulator says not possible.
Exactly how much rear downforce does your diffuser give?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You could drive it upside down through a tunnel.

Quick Reply: Cheater bits added to Dark knight!!